jongyu - eccentric

Prompt Fills
youobviouslyloveonew asked:HELLO!!! YAY YOU'RE TAKING PROMTS ahem. Jongyu, rose tea, and an angora bunny please ^v^
 

Prompt Fill #2

Name: Eccentric 

Pairing: Jongyu

Genre: Fluff

Rating: PG

Word Count: 742

Unbetaed

Sorry this is y… this prompt was not really speaking to me for some reason.  Could not get a grasp of a plot so I rewrote it like 5 times.  Hope it turned out okay anyway~

.

.

.

Jinki was a little bit… eccentric.  That was the politically correct term people usually used to describe Jinki, but he was okay with that.  He didn’t mind being eccentric.   It was simply who he was.  Despite his oddities, everyone seemed to like him and consequently, Jinki’s small business was doing rather well.  His little tea shop pulled in a handful of regular customers that kept him in a comfortable level of financial security.  

 

Mirroring Jinki’s personal taste, the shop was somewhat eccentric.  A small room full of mismatched tables, chairs and lamps; battered sofas and shelves overloaded with books.  All of his cups and mugs were donations from the pottery club, a hodgepodge of mangled clay and crooked handles.  Likewise, lining his walls were mismatched paintings, a proud display for local artists.  He offered up his small space for meetings after hours and only stocked his store with scones and cakes from the bakery down the street.  

It was a bit of an oxymoron, a shop that boasted teas from every corner of the world while every other item and crumb on the premises was strictly local.  Regardless, it worked for Jinki, offering up a taste of the world with the comfort and security of home.  

He was quite proud of his little establishment. He loved to make tea; the delicate process of heating the water to the perfect temperature, steeping the delicate leaves just long enough to extract their flavor without turning bitter before presenting it to his customers to enjoy.  He could practically see the stress rolling off of his customers shoulders and that was enough for him.  Today however, he could only make tea for himself because the shop was empty.  Completely and utterly empty.  

The torrential downpour from outside was discouraging anyone from venturing outside which left him alone and bored.  He spent the morning curled up on the couch with his pet rabbit, an angora named Key, while he sipped tea and enjoyed a book.  It was calm and relaxing but oh so boring.  

He got up to prepare himself another cup, his fluffy little friend following along, probably in hopes of getting a treat.  Jinki smiled to himself as he opened the canister full of dried roses to make some rose tea, his favorite.  With his mind elsewhere, his clumsiness got the better of him, dropping a bud onto the floor by accident.  Before he could retrieve it, Key snatched it in him mouth, hopping under the sofa to hide from his master and eat his stolen treat in peace.  

“No Key!  You can’t eat that!” Jinki whined, chasing after him.   He dropped to his knees in front of the couch, trying to reach the far corner where his bratty little bunny was hiding.  It was in this rather precarious position, head under the sofa so he could stretch out farther and his sticking up in the air when he heard the door chime.  

Jinki jolted in surprise, hitting his head on the center beam under the couch.  He muttered a stream of profanity as he pulled himself into a sitting position, rubbing the tender spot under his hair.

“Ummm… hello?”

Jinki looked up to find a stranger dripping all over his welcome mat, the man looking oh so small bundled in a heavy, oversized coat hat was completely soaked through, but at the moment he looked a bit more concerned for Jinki’s well being than his own.  

“Oh… hi,” Jinki responded a moment too late, too distracted by the way the man’s sandy brown hair fell over his pretty eyes to make any coherent response.  “Can you… wait a minute?”

“Sure?”

“Thanks,” Jinki muttered, diving back under the sofa, squirming a little bit until he finally grabbing ahold of his little ball of fluff, pulling the bunny out from under the chair.  “Ah-ha!  Gotcha!”  He exclaimed, ripping the dried flower away in triumph before focusing his attention back onto his guest, looking up to find the stranger just eyeing him, a curious expression on his face.  Jinki smiled a bit sheepishly, “Bunnies are cute but they are actually little monsters.”

“I see,” the other man chuckled.

“Sorry, come on in.  I’ll get you a towel.”  The grateful smile he received in return made Jinki feel light as air.  Maybe— despite his rather eccentric personality and less than idea first impression— maybe this time would be different.  For that smile, he was willing to try.