Final

That Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her name is Bae Irene. Or if you want to know her by her real name, Bae Joohyun. She comes from a broken family, her father decided to file for a divorce against her mother at the age where she was 14. Although they were both fighting for her custody, her father won because he was more financially stable and the court believed that he would be able to take care of her wellbeing more. Well, you could say they were only a tiny bit right.

Yes, Irene's father is rich but, he rarely has time for her. Always travelling around the world to clinch business deals, she lacks the care and love that she should get from her father. As for her mother, she married another man and would visit Irene once in a while-once every month. Seeing her mother with another man wasn't pleasant to her either but she tries not to mind that fact because she really wants one of her parent to be there for her.

Whenever she got first in the class, achieved something that was really praiseworthy, she never heard those praises from her parents. This was when she started doubting herself. Sometimes, whenever she talked to them(when her parents were still together) they would brush her off and return back to doing their own stuff. Also, being an only did not really improve the situation. She was all alone. She felt alone. She wanted someone to just basically acknowledge her existence.

Irene started asking herself questions, "Did Dad and Mom divorce because of me? Am I not a good daughter to them? Was it something wrong that I did?" With all these thoughts crashing into her mind, everything took a turn for the worst. 

Cutting herself to try and forget her emotional pain, thinking physical pain can help. Always having panic attacks randomly and having extreme reactions to even the smallest of things, it became a huge problem for Irene. She would cry all of a sudden, running to her room. Crying herself to sleep most of the time, these problems proved to be a huge problem to her daily and social life and she eventually dropped out of school at the age of 19. 

It didn't go unnoticed by her Father though, with such a drastic behavior,  who wouldn't notice it? So he sent Irene to a psychologist and yes, Irene was diagnosed with Schizophrenia. Her parents had no genes of being Schizophrenic but it developed due to her own behavior which was a very rare case as told by the doctor. She thought that he was just wasting his money sending her for all those sessions because all she got from the whole thing was just so many bottles of medicine to take which the psychologist believes that it would help her.

However one day, Irene met a particularly outstanding girl. Believing that she was around her age, she approached her. The girl had brown hair with blue tips at the end. Irene thought the girl fit her pretty well because she herself had pink tips at the end. Fianlly hearing what she was waiting for-the girl's introduction, she became cheerful all of a sudden by just a short,

"Hello, my name is Wendy and I am a volunteer here"

Thinking that it was kind of strange that there would be volunteers, Irene wanted to ask her why did Wendy want to be a volunteer. But she figured that it would be kind of inappropriate so she decided to keep her thoughts to herself. Irene thought positively of her new meeting and now, she is more willing to go to these sessions because she wanted to see Wendy whom she thought was really cute.

----

"Dear, how was the session today?" Irene's mother asked her through a phone call.

"It was great. I met a new girl named Wendy and she is really cute" Irene chirped happily.

"That's great. Bring her over someday and introduce her to me or your father" her mother replied, although sounding a bit grim at the last part.

"Sure will! Mom I'll be taking a shower now. Talk to you next time. Bye mom!"

"Alright. Bye honey."

----

Through more sessions at the psychologist's, Irene's condition started getting better. Wendy would always be there for her, giving her moral support and encouragement to get her through the sessions with a very cheerful "You can do it!" to push Irene into fighting this mental illness better. Wendy gave Irene the one thing that she craved for since young, affirmation. Wendy made Irene feel wanted, but above all, she made Irene felt important.

And soon and needless to say, Irene started falling for that cheerful girl. And things just got better when Wendy started going out with Irene too. Almost everytime after a session, Wendy would bring Irene out to different places. Amusement parks, cafes, bakery, the arcade and the ice cream parlor. But the bakery and ice cream parlor would be Irene's favourite places to go to. She loves bread and ice cream.

----

Bakery:

"Irene-yah~, what kind of bread do you want? This or this?" Wendy went to Irene, holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter