Journal Entry: My encounter with Girl's Day Hyeri

Journal Entry: My encounter with Girl's Day Hyeri

Alright everyone, I didn't know how to format this and I've written countless drafts only to delete everything. I just couln't get all the details right as my memories are starting to grow foggy. For some perspective, I am a Korean teenager that was vacationing in Korea some time ago when this happened to me. Screw trying to make it properly formatted; the only way I can write this accurately is by writing it as if I was recalling the memory, or, a journal entry. Everything that was said in Korean has been written in Englisht to keep this simple. Well, here we go. 

It was quite a bit ago, so sorry if I can't get all the details correct, as some of it was forgotten by accident, or my brain stored it as a dream that had come true rather than a memory.  It was about a year and a half ago, sometime in January in 2013. I was at a cafe in Seoul, bored out of my mind. I had the luxury of not having any responsibilities, no deadlines or things that had to be done. In short, I just had to chill for the next couple days. I would estimate that I got to the cafe at around 10PM, and I made it inside just in time as shortly after, it started to rain heavily. I ordered myself something hot (sorry my drink escapes my memory) and I just looked at my phone for a couple hours. Eventually, I hit a point where spamming the refresh button wasn't bringing up any new news (hehe), and right as I finally found something interesting to read, my phone ran out of battery. Ughh fine, I guess that was a sign to head back to my hotel. As I stand up to return my tray and cup, I glance at the clock and...OH MY GOD it's 1 AM! Geez, considering how bored I had been, time did sure fly by quickly...

Pit Pat Pit Pat were the sounds that I heard and felt as the rain dropped on and around me. It was dark outside the cafe, but it's not really dangerous. I decided to head on over to the bus stop, praying something will come take me back to the hotel so late in the night. The street I was on (can't remember the street name sorry) was dimly lit, but not in the spooky murderer kinda way, just like a calm and quiet neighborhood kinda way. I sat down and prayed that my sweater within my backpack had stayed dry. I plopped myself onto the seat at the bus stop, not really expecting anything really. I took out my earphones to listen to some music, but of course, my phone had died earlier. I guess "pit pat pit pat" would have to suffice, as the rain showed no signs of stopping. Surely at least 30 miinutes had passed, me, just sitting there, bored, wet, tired. I was about to nod of into sleep, when I saw a girl sit down next to me. What the...who else would be here at this time? OMG please don't be one of those dead girl ghosts who died at this bus stop or soemthing like that....but before I could finish the the thought, I felt a tap on my shoulder and a small and tired sounding voice started to ask "Hey, do you ha-"

Before she could finish her question, I couldn't help but to let out a loud scream. "OMG GHOST GIRL IM SORRY PLEASE SPARE ME!" I cried. Suddenly, I hear this laugh. She started to laugh uncontrollably. "Ghost? Hahahaha! BOO!" She was almost literally rolling on the (wet) floor laughing. Wait a second...I know this laugh! I crouch down to her and lifted her hood. No way...in front of me was Girl's Day Hyeri! I was a huge fan, but mind you that this was before their series of hits (Expectation, Something, etc) so they were not super famous as they were now. I helped her off the ground and she patted herself off and sat down next to me. "Are you....perhaps....Hyeri?" I managed to ask with a superrrr shaky voice. "Yup! I'm Girl's Day Hyeri! Nice to meet you!" she let out with a smile that seemed to match the brightness of the moon in the rainy night sky above us. I immediately stood up and bowed and said in a nervous tone, "Hi...I-I'm Jacob....I....uhh......huge fan....haha...?". She wrapped her arm around me and brought me close to her. Our faces were only several inches apart, and thank god for it being so dark, or else she would've have seen how much I was blushing! 

"Why so nervous? I'm just like any other girl!" she said. "Or at least, I want to be." She slipped her hood back on and removed her arm from around my neck. She tucked her legs into her chest and let out a huge sigh. I sat there for at least 5 minutes, not sure about what to do or say. Eventually I asked if she was okay, and she replied with a simple "yes". And then tucked her face into the rest of her body. Sigh, I guess we'll just both wait at this bus stop, even as it is approaching 2AM. WAIT. OMG. I'M SITTING NEXT TO GIRL'S DAY HYERI I NEED A TO GET A PICTURE OR SOMETHING - and then, of course, I remembered that my phone was out of battery. I, too, let out a sigh, and it was back to silence between us, with only the sound of rain coming through. Around 30 minutes later, I heard Hyeri sneeze and then sniffle. Oh geez, The weather isn't letting up, and both of us are getting soaked in the rain. I stood up and walked around and found a small little shed with a cement flooor. It was clean and empty, but it had just enough space to shelter two people. Perfect! I walked back to Hyeri and grabbed her arm. "What...what do you think you're doing! I'm am idol and I - " ACHOO. "

"That's why", I replied. "You're gonna get sick, and we can't get our little idol princess sick, can we?" She reluctantly got up and followed me into this little shed. I brought her inside, and closed the door. It wasn't much warmer, but anything was better than the rain. I took off my sweater, flipped it inside out, then laid in on the floor for both of us to sit on. It wasn't my hotel room, but then again, my hotel room doesn't have Hyeri in it either! It was dark in the shed, and the only light was from the streetlamp light above that shined throught the doorcrack of the shed. I took out my spare hoodie from my backpack, and just as I was about to put it on, I heard the shivering of Hyeri next to me. Sigh, be the good guy Jacob. "Here, take this." I said. "No...No....I'm fine" she replied. "Just take it before I change my mind" I said firmly, and she thankfully took it. Then she just started to look at me a blush with this awkward gaze. "What?" I asked her. "Jacob, don't you have any common decency? Well...uhh...I'm a girl....and you're a guy...so please close your eyes or turn around or something!" 

OF COURSE. How could I have been so dumb. I turned around AND closed my eyes as she changed from her wet clothes to my dry hoodie, and I 100% regret not taking a peek, but that's a different story. When she was all settled and dry, I decided to break the silence and ask her why she seemed so down, and why she would be out and about so late in the night while it's raining. 

"Jacob...you see, being an idol is really hard. You never have total privacy and are being worked and trained everyday. It gets really tiring and sometimes you just want to get away from it all, and pretend life's how it was before you debuted, you know?" A tear slowly fell from her cheek. I slid over and wiped it off, and then I slowly put my arm around her to comfort her. How would she react? Would she slap my arm away or even leave into the rainy night? Luckily for the both of us, she just accepted my comfort and we stayed like that while she quietly sobbed for quite the bit. 

"I'm sorry, Jacob, for saying these things without being considerate of you and-" 

"No, it's fine, I get it. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes...yes thanks a lot Jacob"

Uhhhh if anything, I should be the one thanking her for being in my presence. Think about it! Me, just an average Korean student, in a tiny shed with a beautiful kpop star! Eventually, she asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was from America and just vacationing in Korea for the winter. 

"Oh America? Like Hollywood?"

"Yea, and I actually live in Los Angeles"

I started to tell her about my family, friends, and dreams, and I heard a soft "mhmm" every once in awhile to know that she was listening, but eventually, they got quieter and quieter. Before I could finish my story, I felt a little thud on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Hyer had fallen asleep, and her pretty face was actually on my shoulder. I guess the rest of my story would have to wait. I shifted some of the clothes that dried, covered ourselves, and fell asleep. 

BEEP BEEP! "OMG Jacob wake up!"

"Huh?" I muttered, and I saw the day was starting to begin, and I would guess it was sometime around 4 or 5AM. Hyeri packed her thing and I started to pack mine, but I managed to ask her, "Hyeri, what's the rush?"

"Duh, Jacob...despite being together during the night, you still have to remember that I'm a KPOP star!"

Oh...yea...I had forgotten about that, because her problems made me realize that despite all these idols' images and behavior on TV, they're all just people too, just like us. We finished packing and were ready to open the shed door. 

"Jacob, uhhhh I'm going to need to..." she said as she pulled on the strings of the hoodie. "Hyeri, I understand, you can't be seen in public, I get it. Take it and don't worry, and get back safely. Even though we had only been together for a few hours, I had grown quite attathced to her, but I knew that me, an average korean teenage student, didn't belong in her idol world. "I'll give it back to you one day, I promise!" she said and started to turn the knob. To my surprise, she let go and walked back over to me. She looked into my eyes, smiled, and thanked me for everything I had done, and kissed me on my cheek. I started blushing like crazy, and in an act to try to look cool, I looked at the ground and stammered, "yea...yea...haha don't mention it!" Hyeri laughed her contagious laugh for a last time and pulled up the hood of my hoodie. She opened the shed door, looked back for a last time, and then walked out. 

I realized that I had been out for the whole night and my parents would probably be worried, so I started running back home. During my run, I thought back about what happened that night and how magical it was. It's nice seeing Hyeri and Girl's Dat so successful now, and I hope Hyeri doesn't feel sad like she did that night. I'm just looking forward to the day where Hyeri keeps her promise, and I can get my hoodie back. That's it for today...HiHiGoodbye,,,Journal.


Welp guys, that was my first journal entry about my encounter with kpop idol, and I have many more to share. I am trying to raise funds to make a return trip to Korea, so I am gladly and gratefully taking donations! Just send me a message and we'll figure it out! I would really really appreciate it! If you liked this journal entry, please comment saying you did, and if you can't doante, a subsription, message, or comment saying you really enjoyed this would brighten up my day too. Until the next journal entry, Hi...Hi...Goodbye! -Jacob