Bridal Party Details

Bambi From Hell

 

Baekhyun tried to concentrate. She really did try, and because of that she believes strongly that she does not deserve the scolding she is receiving. Her task was simple, all she had to do was arrange a reservation at this fancy dining establishment for all the girls. Joonmyun wanted to surprise Luhan with a nice dinner while Luhan planned to establish her bridal party. Of course, Chanyeol was sad and she had to be a good girlfriend and cheer him up. By the time she remembered to call the place, some other party had already placed their reservations. Of course the place just had to be so busy this weekend, and of course it was her fault that they are unable to go. “Joonmyun, where’s your chill? I’m sorry, okay.”

“You better be sorry! Thank goodness that this was a surprise for Luhan, because if she was in charge of this she would be pissed!”

“Exactly. Luhan is not in charge, you are, so chill! You’re stressing me out.”

“You’re stressing me out! I asked you to do a simple task Baekhyun. A simple task, and you couldn’t even do that.”

“I got side tracked!”

“What’s more important to you Baek? Your relationship with Chanyeol or this wedding?”

“Do you even hear yourself?” Joonmyun paused and thought of what she just said, her eyes widening in realization.

“Oh… wow… you’re right. I’m so sorry.”

“Yeah, I’m not stressing you out, you’re already stressed and just taking it out on me.” Joonmyun ran over and engulfed the other girl into a hug.

“I’m so sorry! I guess the stress is slowly creeping up on me.”

“It’s okay, Joonmyun.”

“No, it’s not okay. I need help, maybe we should hire a wedding planner. A professional can take care of this better than I can.”

“Maybe that is what’s best.”

“Right… I will set up a consultation for Luhan and Minseok.”

“You can let go of me now.” Baekhyun commented and Joonmyun giggled before finally releasing Baekhyun.

“I feel so much better knowing that this will all be taken care of by a professional! And it will be so organized, and I’ll be able to focus on more fun things! This is all so exciting!”

“Seriously, where is your chill? Why are you stressed anyway? Is this because we are finding out about the bridal party?”

“Ha! No! Although if I was chosen as maid of honor I would accept whole heartedly.”

“So, this is about the bridal party.”

“Not necessarily… yes, I think it will be nice to be chosen, but it won’t kill me to not be chosen. I’ll be happy for Yixing, or Kyungsoo just as much.”

“What about me? What if I’m chosen?”

“I doubt that will happen, but I will be happy for you too.”

“Wow, I didn’t expect that to actually hurt my feelings, but it kind of did.”

“So, did you pick another place since you couldn’t get La Boisson?

Was I supposed to?”

“Baek…”

“You never specified that!”

“I shouldn’t have to!”

“Yes you should! I can’t read minds!”

“What are you two going on about?” Kyungsoo asked as she entered Joonmyun’s room. “You should close your door all the way too, anyone could just waltz right in.”

“Baek didn’t make reservations like I so nicely asked her to.”

“More like Joonmyun is on her ing period.” Baekhyun retorted.

“I can help.” Joonmyun smiled, and Kyungsoo instantly regretted volunteering.

 

“She’s late.” Joonmyun pointed out for the umpteenth time. Luhan was running late, meaning the food couldn’t be served since the bride was missing in action. Why did everything have to rotate around the bride? Sure, it was her day, but she wasn’t the one paying by the hour.

“Calm down Joonma.” Baekhyun said eating a mint that was in a dish on the table.

“I just want everything to go smoothly.”

“She’ll be here.” Yixing reassured.

“She better hurry up, I’m starving!” Tao complained.

“Sorry I’m late!” Luhan announced as she came in with someone following her closely. “I had to pick up this at the airport and she didn’t tell me she was coming, so that’s why I’m late.”

“Who is she?” Tao asked Kyungsoo who just shrugged.

“Right, this is Kwon Boa. My maid of honor.”

“Your what?” Yixing and Joonmyun said simultaneously.

“Maid of honor.” Luhan repeated as she and Boa took a seat at the table.

“This is rich.” Baekhyun laughed, causing Kyungsoo to kick her under the table.

“Yeah, we can finally eat!” Tao clapped.

“She’s your maid of honor? How do you know each other?” Yixing smiled, but everyone except Boa and Luhan, could see right through it. Kyungsoo was surprised to see Yixing acting this way, she was usually a sweetheart.

“Our parents used to work together, so we took a lot of oversea trips when we were younger. She moved to America, so we lost touch, now she’s moving back!”

“Yay!” Boa clapped and Luhan smiled and clapped too.

“So you chose your maid of honor….” Joonmyun frowned.

“Yeah, but don’t worry… you all are bridesmaids too.” A server began to give everyone a bowl of fresh pasta alla carbonara. “What’s in this?”

“Cheese, eggs, bacon.” The server answered. Tao smiled as he grabbed a few breadsticks and stuffed a forkful of pasta in his mouth followed by a bite of bread.

“This is so good!” he moaned. Luhan watched her friends closely. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo took small bites but were eating fast. Yixing and Joonmyun ate as if they were angry with their pasta. Boa pushed her dish off to the side.

“You’re not eating, Boa?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’ll eat it for you.” Tao volunteered.

“Oh no, if I’m going to be in a wedding, I should watch what I eat. I’m going to try to stay away from too many carbs.”

“What about you Luhan?”

“I would like to fit in my dress, so I’m going to skip this meal too.”

“Come on, you’re already tiny. I’m sure one bowl of pasta won’t bust you out of a dress.” Baekhyun teased.

“I’m also not very hungry.” Luhan lied, “You know, thinking about it, why don’t we all go on a diet?”

“What?”

“We can all eat more healthy! It’ll be easier if we have a support group. No more big bowls of pasta, and excess bread, or sauces. No more sodas.”

“No, no… just no.” Baekhyun whined, “I like big bowls of pasta.”

“I like excess bread.” Kyungsoo said.

“You can have my food when you pry it from my cold dead hands!” Tao extended his arms out to guard his dish.

“Yes, it will be a fresh change and start for everyone. It’s torture to sit here and watch you all scarf down your food. Waiter?” The server walked over. “Can you take away all of this and give us some salads instead?”

“Sure, we have caesa-”

“No dressing, just the salad. Thank you.”

 

“There is no way I’m going to eat these dry leaves.” Baekhyun said pushing the bowl away.

“Luhan, we understand your point, but do we have to start this diet now?”

“Yes, if I’m starting now, you all should too.”

“This is ridiculous. We are at such a nice Italian restaurant and we’re eating salad!” Tao exclaimed. “I’m so offended.”


To say Kyungsoo was hungry would be an understatement. She began to wonder if Luhan ever heard of doing things with baby steps, because just asking Kyungsoo to give up her three meals, and in between meal snacks was just a bit cruel. There was a knock on her dorm door, and she got up to answer it. “Yo.” Jongin said kissing her cheek and inviting himself inside.

“What’s that smell?”

“I got us some hamburgers.”

“Burgers?” Kyungsoo swallowed.

“Yes, with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, special sauce.” Jongin listed as he took one out and handed it to her. Kyungsoo ripped the package open and sniffed the burger.

“It smells so good.” She whined.

“Are you… crying?”

“I can’t eat this… but I will eat the lettuce and tomato!” Kyungsoo said tossing the top bun aside to grab the veggies. She came face to face with the patty, and it took all her might to not devour it. She stuffed the lettuce and tomato into . “Maybe a bite of the meat by itself will be okay… but you are supposed to get your whole grains, so a bite of bread will be okay too.” Kyungsoo had convinced herself.

 

She also convinced herself that eating Jongin’s burger too wouldn’t hurt. Jongin was invited to meet Sehun at the arcade, so he kissed her goodbye and left the room. Baekhyun came bursting in right after.

“I just ate a burrito. A big fat filled with everything that is good, burrito.”

“I just ate two hamburgers!” Kyungsoo admitted, she hugged her good friend and roommate. “We must take this to the grave.”


A/N: Here you go, sorry it was late. :(