How it all started;;

Maybe In Another Lifetime

Listen to this: Amazing By: Infinite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjNEuEVhiro 

 

 

"Isn't it funny?" He said as he looked up to see the stars while we're lying at the back of his pickup. We always do this whenever we want to have some time together; catching up after a very long time. We like how the night is so peaceful and young, how the stars shine so bright as if they are the only things that would light up the world. And the feeling of cold wind that would embrace your body.

I gave him a humming sound asking if what does he wanted to say. Jongin smiled at me, "How we were classmates in high school but never been friends or best friends, but not until now...." I chuckled at what he said. True, we never treated each other as friends back then. It's not like we dispised each other, it's just came that way.

I shrugged, "Well maybe it wasn't yet time to be friends back then." He chuckled and sat up to grab a can of coke and opened it, "Bet you badly wanted to get close to me." He said before drinking it. I sat up and looked at him with my eyebrow raised, "Wow there mister know-it-all," but before I could even finish what I'm about to say, he cut me off while his both hands raised, "Woah woah, chill miss defensive, I was just kidding!" I scoffed at him and grabbed the pack of chips we bought from the convenience store.

I guess Jongin really know me better than anyone else even though we just became best friends two years ago. For some people they could consider that long enough to know each other, but for me, it's not. Took me for years and years to open up to someone I just become friends, well you can say I'm a hard as a rock then.   But not until when Jongin and I became best of friends, some of our friends were shocked on how did we get close, knowing that back then we rarely talk to each other even though we are in the same circle of friends. Weird, right? Well that's what makes me unique and complicated. It's not like I'm anti-social, I have a lots of friends, even from other classes and year levels, let's say I am just selectively-social in short.

There is something with Jongin that made me feel so safe, comfortable, and happy. The more we get closer, the more I want to hang out with him. The more I knew him, the more I want to be with him, all the time.

Enjoying the favorite chips we bought as I lay down again to see the stars up in the sky and said, "You better be, Kim Jongin." I smiled, making sure Jongin didn't see that.

 

Two years ago

(Flashback)

First day of semestral break, I can finally breathe from all the loads of school works and exams. I graduated from high school seven months ago and took a business related course in College. Have you ever thought when you were still in middle school how much you wished to graduate and enter college, but once you are already in college, you were proven wrong. The separation anxiety you feel is real, the struggle in college is real, and how badly you wish to turn back time and go back to being a high school student when there were no complicated things yet. I remember a line from the movie 'Sydney White' ; "The friends you meet in college will be your friends for life."  But I am sorry, I have to disagree with that, not all people or friends you make in college will be your friends for life, well maybe after four years after graduation, you can probably prove that. It's just that I trust and like the company of my friends during middle school that in college.

Going back to what I am doing, I looked for my purse, went down from my room and put on my shoes. Since the weather is nice, I decided to go to the near Starbucks just 15 minutes away from my house. 

I finally arrived at my favorite coffee shop, just when I'm about to order Coffee Jelly, a familiar voice called me. "Eunmi!" 

I quickly turn around and look for that familiar voice, to my surprise it was Jongin. One of the boys in the circle of friends back in middle school where I was in. I smiled at him, "Hey, long time no see."  trying not to make it awkward since it's only the both of us.

Jongin was kinda panting before he motioned me that the waiter is waiting for my order. Giving my attention back, I ordered my usual drink and surprisngly, Jongin in and said his order, "Kindly add one caramel macchiato." I smiled a little, knowing that he has an obsession with that drink based when we were in middle school, he always order that drink, like always.

"So Eunmi, great to see you too! Is it your semestral break already?"  he said while looking at me, scanning me from head to toe as if something is wrong or weird on what I am wearing.

Shrugging the thought off, "Well..........yes." that was only I could say. I mentally scolded myself, 'Oh great, Lee Eunmi, way to make everything awkward.' Busy with my own thoughts, I didn't notice Jongin already paid for our drinks.

Taking out a money from my purse, "Here's mine, Jongin" but he pushed my hand away, rejecting my offer. "No, Eunmi, It's on me," he said, reassuring me. Not satisfied with it, I faced him, saying, "So maybe I can pay you back next time." A big smile appeared on his face as if he was planning something, I frowned at him, confused on what he was thinking.

"You can pay me back now, Eunmi....." I looked at him confused, as he continued, ".....accompany me today." I was about to ask where but since I don't mind where we're going and I have nothing much to do at home, I agreed and grabbed our drinks, and went out from the coffee shop.

 

Arriving at his place, entering his room, you can see drop of paints on the floor. Jongin was painting something on his wall.

Admiring the half-done painting on his wall, I sat on his bed and asked "So what do you want me to do? Help? Anything?" Jongin picked up a brush and said "Nothing. Just sit there, talk. Anything you want to talk about...." 'Talk. Talk? What I'm going to talk about?' Disturbing me on my thoughts, Jongin looked at me and his precious smile on his face and said,

"I guess it's time for us to know each other better, it's time for us to become friends."

 

(End of Flashback)

Author's note: Hello, sorry if ever it was a boring chapter for you and if there were any mistakes. 

But I hope you liked it!

Tell me about it by commenting below;;;;;;;;;;;