{05}

The Father of My Child
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 As weeks went by, Jungkook and Sooyoung started getting along more. Finding their similarities, their favorite activites and things they hate. Wednesday came by and it was after-school where Sooyoung and Jungkook had agreed to meet at the garden near the school to do their homework together. Sooyoung, who was finished packing her belongings, walked down the hallway to meet Jungkook. She looked around seeing there was no students, but a few. Probably staying for the school programs, She thought. 

Sooyoung had thought about how close her relationship with Jungkook is getting. First, she thought he was annoying and those stuck-up guys, but once she got to know more about him, she thinks differently of him even though he's still annoying at times. She also noticed rumors started spreading about her and Jungkook. She couldn't help, but sigh, hated being in the spotlight. It made her uncomforable and she didn't know what she would do. Ever since hanging out with Jungkook, she can feel stares behind her back, people trying to interpret her relationship with him, but Jungkook didn't know anything of this. Sooyoung was thankful for once in her life to have a bestfriend. Jungkook being her bestfriend and the 'popular' guy in school, Sooyoung didn't want to burden him by telling him that his fangirls were stalking her.

She went outside and looked around until she spotted him sitting on the ground. She saw a notebook in his hand, and Jungkook seemed to be thinking as he tapped his pencil. "Jungkook?" 

He turned around, startled. "Hey, finally arrived." He pat down to the seat next to him, motioning her to come over. She sat down and stared at him.

"What's that?" She asked.

Jungkook panicked. "Uh..nothing. Just some homework."

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow. "Doesn't look like homework. Your backpack isn't even open."

"Does it have to?"

She rolled her eyes. "What is it?"

He gulped, embarrassed. "Well, it's something I've been working on."

"Like?"

"A song, but it's nothing."

Sooyoung widen her eyes. "You sing?"

"It's more of a hobby than me being good at it," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck.

She looked at him with interest. "Can I hear?"

He looked at her aghast. "I'm not that good, really."

"That's what you think. Now come on, I wanna hear it."

"I don't know.."

"Pleaseeee," she encouraged him.

Jungkook sighed. "Fine. But don't have high expectations and I will only sing a little. That's it."

She obeyed to his words. He peeked at his notebook that was filled with lyrics and warmed his throat before he sang.  (Click the blue highlighted word in order to find out the short clip he sang and remember whenever you see the blue highlighted word, make sure to click on it! Let's pretend Jungkook wrote this song. Song credits goes to Taeyang xD)

Once he was finished, he looked at his friend beside him to what her reaction was. Instead of seeing a disgusted face, he saw an astonished face. "Jungkook, why didn't you tell me you were good at singing!"

He flinched at her outburst. "Because I didn't think I was good."

She took a look at his notebook. "You actually wrote this?"

He shrugged like it was nothing. "I just did it for fun. I only wrote a few lyrics."

"But it's still good!" She grinned at him.

He raised an eyebrow. "You really think so?"

She glared at him. "Of course! That's what I've been saying for the past minute." He just shrugged. "But how did you come up with the lyrics? Did you get heartbroken or something?"

He laughed. "No. Oddly, I just thought of the idea and wrote it down."

"You should sing more."

"Not sure if I'm comforable with that, yet."

She gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. It'll take time."

Jungkook didn't complain and put his notebook safely in his backpack while taking his homework out. The two worked on their homework with the nice weather, enjoying each others' presence.

 

 

Sooyoung stood in front of her house. There was cars., and that meant one thing - her parents were home. That's weird. Umma and appa are never home.. She turned the doorknob receiving the delicious scent from the kitchen. 

Confused, she slowly set down her backpack and walked towards the kitchen. She identified a woman in her early forties, who was busy cutting vegetables. The woman looked up and gave a big smile.

"Sooyoung! My baby is home!" She ran to the teenager to hug her while Sooyoung was still looking awkward and gently patted her back.

"Um, umma?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you home?"

Her umma pulled back from the hug and frowned at her. "Why? Do you not want me home?"

Sooyoung eyes widen a little. "No, no! I was just asking. I mean.. since you're never home."

Her umma smiled again. "Well, your appa's boss and mine gave us a break for a week!"

Sooyoung smiled. "That's great, but where's ap-"

"I told you to use the other one. This one doesn't fit to what I want, " There was a pause. "Okay, good. I have to go. Bye." The man, who was also in his early forties smiled. "Sooyoung, home already?"

"Um, yeah, this is the time I usually get home."

"Oh," he just shrugged and quickly hugged her before sitting down.

Meet Sooyoung's parents. Sooyoung's umma has a short length of black hair and milky pearl skin with hazel eyes while her appa, who has brown hair, has a sharp jaw and dark brown eyes. 

"Why the sudden annoucement with no work? Not that I don't mind," Sooyoung asked.

"Our boss thought we were working too much and decided we should get a break."

Sooyoung sighed at her parents. She hated how her parents were workaholics and it bothered her. "So, what are you going to do now that you don't have work?" Her umma gave her a plate of food.

"Well, I thought we should go shopping. You know, umma and daughter shopping since it's been a while. Your appa can come if he wants."

She looked at her appa. "I'll pass," He responded as he flipped the page from his newspaper.

"That sounds great. When should we go?"

"Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Isn't that a little too early?"

"It's gonna be Thursday tomorrow. The weekend isn't that far and we can go after-school."

"Alright," she approved. To Sooyoung, it felt kind of peculiar how her parents just showed up all of sudden, announcing they have a week off and acting like this isn't the first time they've seen her in the past week. It was odd, but she liked it. It was the first time her parents actually got a break from work.

"Sooyoung."

"Yes appa?"

"Are you okay? You looked distracted."

She shook her head. "No, I'm fine," She smiled at him and continued eating.

 

 

Sooyoung was excited when school was over, thinking about spending time with her umma. She went outside to where Jungkook and her usually meet, the garden. When she came, she didn't see Jungkook. Guessing he's not here yet, She thought. She sat down waiting for him as she suddenly beamed thinking about meeting up with her mom.

As she was staring off to distance, she didn't observe a shadow coming towards her. "Sooyoung?" She went back to reality to see her bestfriend.

"Hi!"

Jungkook gave her a weird look before sitting down. Sooyoung noticed the look. "What?"

"Why are you acting strange today?"

She blinked. "What do you mean?"

"When I got here, I can see you smiling off to distance."

She flushed a little. "Well, you know how I told you my parents are always busy?" He nodded, waiting for to continue on. "Yesterday, they were home telling me they have a week off!"

He broke into a grin. "That's amazing."

She grinned back. "I know. I don't have to wake up in the morning to see no one in the house except the food my mom cooked for me and I don't have to go home feeling lonely."

Jungkook still held his smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter