The Journal pt 2

The Journal

He quickly writes, Hearing footsteps come down the hall he throws the pen down and closes her journal and puts in back in place. "Sorry took so long i ran into Mrs, Jones and you know how she can talk forever. Hungry?" she walks over to the counter and grabs the two plates she had pulled out earlier and grabs a few beers from the fridge. He watches her nervously, trying to calm his racing heart. "She loves me" he thought. As they finish the pizza he ask if she wants him to start the movie. Saying yes he walks into the living room leaving her with her journal. She totally forgot that she left it. Panic sets in and she grabs it and clings on to it... What if he read it? Nervously she opens it and finds something that was not there before.

"Sitting here as I read what you have wrote my heart begins to race as I realize that i am the fool you are talking about. I am not blind to your love, I see it. I hear it in your voice and see it in your gestures. Oh god your eyes, your eyes sparkle whenever you talk about your "when i grow ups". I'm not blind to it at all, I've seen it everyday since we were six. The reason I don't let you know that I love you in return is because I am afraid of losing you by messing it up somehow. I hope with the things i do for you let you know I would go to the ends of the earth to see you smile.  I want to protect you when you cry and i want to be the one who makes you smile and laugh until you cry. I want to be the reason you can't stop smiling. I am scared you will leave if I want more. But if you are willing to try, so am I."

 

Wiping a tear away she looks up to see him sitting on the couch waiting for her as the tv glows in front of him. Smiling she gets up and turns the kitchen light off.