A Slacker Doing Everything in Rush.

HOW I MET MY WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Studies have showed that driving while performing activities such as eating, talking on the phone, or drinking coffee impairs your driving abilities as much as one ounce of alcohol.” [The Big Bang Theory, 2007 TV Series]

 

‘YOONA: The TV Who Drinks Americano.’

 

A moment after she sits comfortably behind the steering wheel, Yoona glanced the headline of the front cover The Beau magazine which she put on the passenger seat—along with envelope clutch and her lovely silk scarf—which also showed off herself posed with avant garde cut dress. ‘TV ’, ugh, nothing she can do to fade that nickname from her image, considering the people of South Korea often see her on their television as cunning and manipulative antagonist. While the ‘americano’, hmmm, honestly, along the trip she kept thinking about her favorite drink. And before she met the second red light, she quickly changes the destination, stop by at Coffee Factory.

 

Truth to be true, she is almost late. Jo Kwon, best friend slash her manager, keep reminds her about that via LINE. But, Yoona is determined. She hasn’t drunk any caffeine into —and now it’s already 1pm. No wonder she has bad mood today. And because at today occasion she has to meet a lot of people, only a cup of Americano can juggle her devilish face to smile (very) cheerfully.

 

Coffee Factory is not a famous coffee shop likes you-know-what—a franchise from Seattle, it’s located not in crowded area. Easily, Yoona parked her car in front of the Coffee Factory. After she activated the car alarm, she clamped her clutch in her armpit, while her other hand used to push the door of the Coffee Factory. Cling, cling, cling, that was how it sounds of the small bell that installed on the glass door. One of the staff looked up and greeted her with friendly voice. Yoona just smile, and not even have any plan to take off her black rayban glasses.

 

She slower her step when she arrived at the line in front of the bar counter. Hmm. Yoona took a deep breath of the caffeine aroma which mixed with the aroma of the air conditioner, and various flavors of muffins, displayed in the wicker baskets on the storefront glass which displayed any kind of pastry and fruit flavored mineral waters.

 

Yoona stood at the back of the line. Before she plugged her ears with iPod earphone—and made her hearing becomes riot because of the music of Hottest Girl in the World by JLS—she overheard a person in front of her is in dilemma. Between want to order latte or mocafrappe which become Coffee Factory’s coffee of the day.

 

Yoona shook her head because of it and decided to careless about it. Her lips moved in sync following the lyrics of the song, while her forefinger danced on her smartphone touchscreen. She read the comments on her SNS account. These past few weeks, followers and haters of hers are excited talking about her first movie debut, a film from a bestseller novel title Goodbye Happiness. Some said super excited and can’t wait to watch it next week, but there are also some people say vice versa of it. They who dislike that movie said that they don’t like Yoona acted as a soft and crybaby girl on that movie. The way they said is also various, from the nice way like ‘Maybe because we not used to see @the_imyoong in tears, I kinda shocked when I watched the movie trailer’. Until a so-harsh comment like, ‘Have you seen @the_imyoong crying at GH trailer? SO FAKE!’.

 

DAMN!

 

Yoona can only groan when she read that from her smartphone screen.

 

In the middle of changing the next song on iPod, she heard someone shout. Maybe the staff spill out the coffee or sumthin’, she guessed. But, when she diverted her eyes from her smartphone and about to make sure is the dilemma girl in front of her already decided to choose ‘latte or coffee of the day’, she then caught many eyes look at her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter