Still suffering...and finally it will all end

It's All Over Now [one shot]

After the text message he received that caused his heart to break in a million pieces, Gikwang wasn't able to sleep 3 days straight. He still can't beleive his 3 month, about to be 4 month in a couple of days, relationship would already end as easy as that. He can't help but blame himself, for lacking time to spend with his yeobo, Junhyung. He would often punch the wall or just cover his face and cry.

It was too much for him to take. Junhyung was everything to him. He loves him soooooo much. He's worrying Junhyung might have forgotten about him or is with someone else right now.

Yoseob, as a close friend of his and Junhyung, is also starting to worry about both of them especially Gikwang. He would recieve text messages from Gikwang offering him to go to a bar with him and "just take a sip of beer". Whenever he would visit Gikwang, he would always find him in his room, sitting on the floor either eyes are red and swollen or with a bottle of beer at hand.

It was monday and Gikwang has to go to school, he has no choice anyway or else his parents would beat the out of him. He just took a short shower, put on his uniform and didn't even bother to fix his hair and just took his bag then left.

 

While walking to school, memories of him and Junhyung walking to school together started flooding in. Tears would fall from his eyes, he would just wipe them away. He came across a newly opened bar, it was going to be open at 6PM but he didn't care and barged right in.

"Excuse me sir but we're not op--" the man, maybe the manager, wasn't able to finish. Gikwang was already giving him his death glare, "Oh- alright...sorry...Uhm, welcome to Night Stop bar!" he gulped

"Give me beer...5 bottles..." Gikwang ordered. The man, scared that he might end up being beaten up, quickly followed his orders and gave him 5 big bottles of beer. Maybe your thinking how a cute boy would scare a man much older than him. Except from having a muscular body, days of not being able to sleep gave him eyebags plus he didn't fix his hair. It made him look scary and unapproachable.

It was already 2PM, he already chugged down all 5 bottles and payed the manager. He quickly left for school, not caring whether his 5 hours late. He got a little tipsy and could walk straight. His vision was quite blurry but he continued walking anyways.

He arrived at school, it was already time for their Dance class. 

Yoseob, Junhyung and the rest of their classmates were already inside the dance room, waiting for the teacher, when the door swung open revealing a haggard looking Gikwang. Everyone was surprised with what he looked.

"Kiki~!" Yoseob ran towards him, "Why are you la- wait. You smell like beer, did you drink?!"

Gikwang did bother to answer him, instead he walked pass Yoseob, threw his bag on the floor and sat on the ground. He noticed all of his classmates were looking at him, "Do you have a problem?!" he shouted at them

This was the Gikwang they never knew before. The cheerful and gullible boy they all knew was nowhere to be found. They were left with this, a drunk loser.

Junhyung ignored him, not giving a about everything. He just started stretching like the rest.

 

School ended. Everyone was going home except for Gikwang. He has no plans to go home except to visit the Night Stop bar again to get 5 or more beers.

He walked towards the front door of the bar and was about to open it when someone grabbed his wrist and turned him around, it was Junhyung.

"You don't have to do this..." Junhyung said, "You don't have to kill yourself..."

"And why do you care?" Gikwang coldy asked

Junhyung sighed and let go of the younger man's wrist, "I might not be your boyfriend anymore...but I'm still your friend..."

Gikwang snickered, "Yeah right, whatever, I'm going in..."

Gikwang quickly went inside. Junhyung didn't bother to stop him anymore, "We just have to move on, kwang"   he thought

 

It was already 2 AM in the morning and Gikwang was still in the bar. Many es would try to get his attention by dancing or flirting with him but instead he would shove them away or just ignore them. Gikwang is currently chugging his 12th bottle of beer. He doesn't care if he can't take it anymore, he just want to drink.

Suddenly, a gang made their way to Gikwang. They sat with him and started a convo

"So kid, what are still doing here, shouldn't you be in bed right now? Did mommy forget to tell you a bed time story?" the man acrossed him mocked, then the others laughed along causing Gikwang to get pissed

"Leave me alone." Gikwang seriously said, this isn't the time they shoudl mess with him

But the guys continued to mock him until it got him more furious, he took one beer bottle and threw it on the ground, "I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Your one tough kid are you? We'll see how tough you really are!" the biggest man in the gang quickly pushed him down, making him fall on the ground. The other gang members joined in by kicking and punching the poor boy. Gikwang was already bleeding, he can't do anything but cover himself. The gang finally stopped beating him, he managed to stand up but then one of the gang members held him tight as another gave him er punches. He started vomiting blood, his eyes were swollen and he had tons of cuts and bruises. Little did he know that the one last upper cut given to him will seriosly knock him out.

 

Everything went black.

 

The gang members stole his wallet. And left him unconcious in the ground, bleeding buckets.

He was quickly rushed to the hospital. Yoseob was called by their classmate who was also at that bar that time. 

"Gikwang?! Gikwang?!...Excuse me miss, where is the patient Lee Gikwang?" Yoseob asked a nurse walking by, he was told that Gikwang is still in the OperatingRoom coz his wounds were too deep and they have to give him a couple of stiches. Yoseob was asked to wait.

After an hour, the doctor came out, asking for Gikwang's relatives, "I'm his friend!" Yoseob quickly stood up and raised his hand

"Mr. Lee might need to stay a couple of days here. He had serious injuries like deep cuts, severe bruises and a broken rib cage. He might also have alcohol overdose due to his pale skin, constant vomitting and poor reflexes. He also had a hard time breathing so we gave him oxygen." the doctor told him. Yoseob was getting more and more worried by the second.

"Will he be okay?" Yoseob asked, the doctor nodded

"He just needs rest, a lot of time to recover. We'll be giving him some medication. Hopefully, he'll be fine. Just be alert if ever something goes wrong with the oxygen tank, his life depends on it..." the doctor said

"Can I see him?" Yoseob asked again, the doctor nodded and led him to Gikwang's room

There he saw Gikwang, lying peacefully on the hospital bed. He was covered in stitches and gauze pads while an oxygen mask was on his face.

He sat on the chair beside the bed, "Why are you doing this to yourself, Kiki...I know your hurt but your also hurting your friends too" he whispered

Yoseob carefully watched Gikwang, hoping that his friend here would change right after they leave the hospital. He also carefully watched the oxygen tank, as the doctor said, Gikwang's life depends on it.

Suddenly, Gikwang fingers twitched. He was awake but still a bit unconcious.

"Gikwang? It's me Yoseob, your at the hospital now...you need to rest, you've been badly injured at the bar you went to..." Yoseob said

Gikwang just looked at him, emotionless. Suddenly his eyes were slowly closing.

Yoseob quickly stood up from his seat and noticed the heart beat monitor beeping...something's wrong.

He quickly called the doctors. They gave him CPR. But nothing worked.

Yoseob fell on his knees and started crying. The heart beat monitor showed a straight line.

"Don't go, Kiki! Please!" Yoseob kept on shaking Gikwang, the nurse tried stopping him

"We're sorry..." the doctor finally said as he covered Gikwang's face.

Yoseob decided to call someone,

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Junhyung....G-Gikwang's gone..."