Goodbye.

The Wish

Chapter Eleven; Goodbye.

 

“What do you mean you took the risk out of it? Hyung, for ing god’s sake… Think about it!”

 

“Jackson, I don’t need for you to cussed in front of me. I already decided it.”

 

With a grit out of his teeth, Jackson snarls at him with a frown expression, “ you, Mark Yien. You said that no matter what happens, we all going to stick together.”

 

Getting speechless at how Jackson acted in front of him, Mark was ready to hit the younger when the door swing wide open, revealing Yugyeom with completely shock expression.

 

Jackson roar about him telling them that don’t disturb the elders but Yugyeom cut him off, “Hyung, you got no idea what you are doing right now.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“By flying to the states going to be okay and would solve everything?” Yugyeom question Mark, raising his brow as he found his composure back, “You took the risk and now, you’re the one who’s leaving. What do you think would Bambam feel about that?”

 

Without furthermore words, Yugyeom leave without even hesitating to wait for the older to speak. Jackson let out a frustrating sigh, rubbing his temple as he speaks, “When do you plan on going?”

 

“This coming weekend,”

 

“What? Are you nuts?”

 

“That’s the only days that I could pack my stuff and leave without even going to school the following day.”

 

“Hyung, think about it. I’ll support you on this but I would guarantee that Bambam would be so upset about this. Take another month, please.”

 

With a pout on Jackson’s lips, Mark couldn’t argue anymore as he nods his head, receiving a deadly hug from his brother.

 

Later that night, they were having a family meeting in the living room. Jinyoung mention about this coming weekend that his father and mother, their grandparents, would be visiting them and would be staying over for at least a day.

 

Yugyeom said that it wouldn’t be a good idea since the atmosphere around the house is pretty much suffocating them but Jinyoung said that before the weekend comes, they had to fix everything or they are grounded, which include of Jaebum as well.

 

Bambam kept on stealing glances over to Mark, who was busying discussing something to Jinyoung.

 

Would this be the end of their relationship? Mark did promise that they wouldn’t be separated again… but now.

 

“Hey,” Bambam snap his head to look over to Jaebum, eyes bore to him as he look at his father. With a nod of approval, Jaebum speaks again, “I want you to go look at our family albums.”

 

“But why…?”

 

“Just because…” With that, Bambam stands up, making the others to look at him and Jaebum telling them not to, so they went back on discussing something to their mother… Though, Mark’s eyes are still on Bambam.

 

He make his way to the shelves right besides the vase, looking up as he search for the object he was looking for. With less than a minute, he found what he was looking for and pull it out off the shelves and open the album.

 

The first picture he saw, Jinyoung’s and Jaebum’s unofficials wedding photos with little 3 years old Mark and little 2 years old Jackson right in front of them- and Bambam couldn’t help but to smile at the photo.

 

He flip the page and saw another two photos in one page; Baby Youngjae on Jinyoung’s arms while little 4 years old Mark and little 3 years old Jackson on the sides, looking over to the figure that their mother is carrying. Jaebum wasn’t in the photo, so Bambam guessed that Jaebum took the photo.

 

The next photo above the first one was Jackson and Mark making a peace sign, looking at the camera, while Baby Youngjae bawled into tears with Jinyoung and his panic expression.

 

He flip the page again; the photo contains only one… which is when 6 years old Mark, playing basketball with Jaebum, and 5 years old Jackson taking a nap on Jinyoung’s lap while 1 year old Youngjae playing on the grass with his toy dinosaur.

 

A figure near at Youngjae was shown and Bambam guess it was him.

 

Next page, it was a photo of 8 years old Mark carrying 2 years old Bambam. The smile on Mark tells everything that Mark’s life was complete and it was even more complete when Yugyeom was born. They didn’t know exactly about everything, like who was their real mother. From the beginning Mark was there and also Jinyoung… Eventually, Bambam got a clue on why Jaebum had him looked over the family photo.

 

The last one was only one, but Bambam is very sure that there’s some space and Jinyoung probably planning on putting another family photo.

 

The last photo was them… All of them, to be more specific.

 

17 years old Mark, 16 years old Jackson, 14 years old Youngjae, and 13 years old Bambam and Yugyeom with their mother, Jinyoung, and their father, Jaebum. They were all smiling widely and happily and Bambam was still a boy back then.

 

Today, he’s no longer a boy either a 13 years old boy. He’s a girl now and a fully 17 years old.

 

Mark is 21 years old, Jackson turning 20 this May, Youngjae is 18 and Yugyeom is still 16. Even though that’s only the numbers of their ages, Bambam felt like Jaebum was telling them something.

 

“Dad,” He finally call out for his father, who quickly strode to his side, and hum in a questionable way. “The last photo… would be when Mark hyung is leaving… am I right?”

 

A nod was receive after Bambam’s last sentence. He look over to his father and sadly smile, “I don’t want hyung to go,” He softly say.

 

Jaebum didn’t speak nor move at the spot, listening carefully as Bambam quietly speaks lowly. “I want him to stay…”

 

Tears roll down on Bambam’s cheeks and was now sobbing completely loud, making the others to look at him, worried written on their faces, especially Mark, who stood up and was about to head over to his side.

 

Jinyoung warned Mark not to since Jaebum was there, talking to Bambam.

 

Bambam abruptly turn around to face Jaebum, ignoring the stares from the others as he raise his voice, “I don’t want hyung to go! I want him here… By my side, dad.”

 

Jaebum is still at the state of not speaking. Even though that Bambam had crutch tightly on his shirt, he didn’t move.

 

“Did you made me looked over our family photos because you knew that Mark hyung wouldn’t come back?! Is that right?!”

 

“Bambam, calm down,” It was Jackson’s voice, that would calm Bambam immediately, but due to the fact that Bambam was furious and couldn’t control his tears, he ignored the voice and continue on shaking his dad’s body.

 

But everything seems so incomplete. Mark had decided to head to the states when all along, Mark had never liked the states. He wants to grow and be independent to where he is right now.

 

“We are Koreans.” Bambam completely loses his composure and was now screaming wildly at his father’s face, “Mark is an adult now! He can do whatever he wants.”

 

“That doesn’t change a bit on how I want my older son to be as successful as I want.” Jaebum coldly respond, making Bambam’s hands to fell down on his sides, frozen at his spot. “Do not… question my decisions… You have no idea what’s going on,” With that, Jaebum left with Jinyoung following behind him, patting Bambam’s head before striding away.

 

Mark was speechless or rather couldn’t believe that Bambam had said that. Even though that he knew he is old enough to make his own decision, he couldn’t even imagine Bambam being all grumpy about that.

 

Jackson and Yugyeom was the first one to approach the frozen Bambam, while Mark, immediately snatch the album and took a peek on it.

 

“Hate to say this…” Mark softly starts off, making Youngjae and Jackson to look at him, puzzled, “Dad is right. I’m an adult and I need to be successful enough to present our family in the world.”

 

“What..?” Both Youngjae and Jackson utter, completely lost and when they all met Mark’s eyes, tears roll on their cheeks, including Yugyeom and Bambam, who was crying at the beginning.

 

 


 

“Be sure to call us,”

 

“Do not flirt with girls,”

 

“Its a only-boy academy, Yugyeom.”

 

“Eat plenty of veggies. I know the supervisor of that building.”

 

“Yes, mom.”

 

As everyone say their words for their oldest brother, who is smiling softly at each words they let out, making Mark to tear up a little.

 

They were currently in front of the waiting lounge, where Mark would be walking inside of the room, which leads to the plane. Bambam was silence, couldn’t believe that after almost a month, they didn’t change Mark’s mind.

 

They did changed their father’s mind, which he admitted that he was wrong for sending Mark to the states, eventually apologized to Mark and Bambam.

 

“Hey, son,” Jaebum butted in, looking at Mark as the latter look over to his father. “Don’t dye your hair into something. That auburn hair of yours looks perfectly fine.”

 

A smile crept on Mark’s lips as he nods, looking over to Bambam, who still in his world. “Guys, can I be alone with Bambam?” With a glance over to his family members, Jinyoung nods his head in return and motion everyone, including Jackson, who was not even done on his speech about being a cool dude in the states, got drag by Youngjae.

 

“Hey,” Mark call out softly as soon as his family left, making Bambam to look up to him, eyeing his older brother’s face. At first, Mark was wearing a gleefully smile but it was replace with a sad ones once he saw Bambam’s puffy and reddish eyes. “Don’t cry,”

 

“You would be back… right?”

 

“Of course.” Mark quickly respond, moving closer as he speak again, “5 years in America wouldn’t be bad. I’m sure of it. Plus, I’ll video chat with you.”

 

“Impossible,” Bambam chuckles as he wipe his tears. “This is stupid. This is not a drama and yet I feel like I am in a drama.”

 

“It’s because this kind of situation quite often happen in the dramas, but one thing that those dramas didn’t do before the main protagonist left.”

 

“What was it?”

 

As if Mark heard the word ‘cue’; he lean forward and kisses Bambam fully on the lips, owning his lips for the very long time until a cough was heard and they separate each other with a blush crepting on their cheeks.

 

“The closeness you guys have is too much,” Jaebum said teasingly, running over to Mark to hug his son, whispering something that made Mark to look at him, surprised and excitement, making the others to look at them, confused.

 

Jinyoung, on the other hand, was rather curious on why on earth Mark kissed their little brother… on the lips.

 

“Ah… Bambam is a girl,” Jinyoung dumbly said to himself and join the others on engulfing Mark.

 

When Mark waved once again before entering the room, the others went quiet, making the atmosphere a bit tense. Mark just left. They wouldn’t see their older brother for almost 6 years starting today.

 

Without even speaking for at least a minute, seeing the plane that they knew was Mark’s plane, they all quietly went to the car.

 

Bambam look over to where Mark usually sit, the image of Mark rolling his eyes when Jackson blast the car with his composed music, Youngjae singing so loud, and Yugyeom hitting everyone that dare to disturb him.

 

A tear roll down on Bambam's cheeks once again and that made everyone in the car to burst into tears.







 

5 years later….

 

The sun was once again in the sky, lighting up the dreary sky as the dark clouds moved away. Bambam look up as he hang the wet clothes on the hamper, smiling to himself, he strode away with an envelope on his hand…

 

It contains of;

 

Dear, Bambam;

 

    How awesome it is that I got to write you a letter even though that they wouldn’t allow us to write letters after the day of our graduation. Hey, Bam, do you have a boyfriend? If yes, break up with him. Because I’m coming back before Jackson’s birthday. Don’t forget, once I’m there, do not cry because if you do, I would engulf your whole body without even letting you go.

   I hope you still remember my face since the academy didn’t allow us to video chat with anyone unless its our parents.

   Did Yugyeom seriously had a girlfriend now? Don’t tell me that Jackson finally got himself under Youngjae’s pants? Ha. I knew those two had something going on.

Hey, am I writing a lot? Well, don’t answer that. It’s pretty obvious.

 

 

    I missed you and I love you, Bambam. I’m going back home soon. Wait for me, okay?

                        

                                    Yours Truly; Mark Yien Im.




 

A/N; For Mark’s letter, please imagine that’s Mark’s handwriting, kay? :c Omg, I just updated too early?... Well, it’s a good thing, anyway.

 

So, hope you guys like it and please do read it more. Expect lots of mistakes. :c

 

Spoiler alert; The last scene is only a spoiler in the near future, you will all find out what's going to happen when Mark was gone for at least 5 years. c: Enjoy!