Grab the chance while it's still there.

Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You've changed.”

Those words kept replaying through Jihye’s mind. There is a lot of time that has passed, but has she really changed? People actually don’t ever change, they only try to do what is comfortable for themselves. This one needs that one, that one need a space for this one. It’s not actually a change, It's called 'Life’ and that just so happens to be the way you live it.

But some people just don't get it. For Instance, how the person they need is avoiding them. They don't understand that deep inside the person, they also need them, misses them.

Jihye was struggling with her homework, ripping out a paper for the tenth times. Those words continuing to echo inside of her head. No matter how many times she tried ignoring it, that sentence still remained in her thoughts.

She took out a piece of paper and began to write lyrics on the page. This is actually Jihye's way to relieve stress from her day, and she has always found it to be the best solution. However, it didn't work today.

Jihye got up from her study chair, falling onto her soft bed. She closed her eyes, resting her hands upon them. She tried to get her mind away from those words. She wanted to think of anything besides it, anything, but her brain wouldn't let her. She rolled over, hitting her head on the bed before let out a loud sigh.

“I need to get out of this room.” She spoke to herself before getting up.

She went downstairs to find her mom cleaning up the kitchen. Jihye opened the refrigerator, taking out a bottle of water before drinking it in one gulp. Her mom seen Jihye as she froze with a broom in her hand. Jihye raised her eyebrows with a confused looked.

“Are you ok, Jihye?” her mom asked as she continued sweeping the floor.

Jihye just shook her head as she threw the bottle into dustbin. She put on her shoes, before asking for permission from her mom to leave. 

“Mom, I’m going out with Yoon Gi.” Jihye muttered earning a nod from her mother.

 

She walked beside the road, placing the hood to her jacket over her head. She spotted an ice cream shop, encouraging a flashback to fog her mind. She held a smile on her face, but like wind it went away. She missed those times she held dear to her.

She went inside the shop, sitting beside the window. She had a perfect view of the outside. The view was actually so sweet that she started daydreaming about a date she had with Yoon Gi. She pulled out her phone from her pocket, seeing if her boyfriend could come to the shop to join her. 

It was a half an hour later and she was still waiting. She gazed out of the window, seeing the sky darken. 'It's getting late.' She mumbled to herself. She got up and put everything inside her pocket since she didn’t bring a bag with her.

Warmth wrapped itself around her waist shocking her. She looked up to the owner, watching him flash a smile.

“Sorry, Something came up... sorry.” He apologized to her as he motioned for her to sit.

“It’s ok, I’m the one who should be sorry to you. Changing the place at last minute and all.” She said as she sat down showing him a smile. She didn't really care anymore that he was late, she was just relieved that he came.

“So, what’s wrong? You look gloomy.” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter