Marshmallow

A Star's Love

   A.N-If you're not a fan of couples with a large ,then I would suggest that you don't read this.Personally,I don't really care about stuff like that as long as the idols I like are happy.


 

     As Dong Wook got on to their bed,he looked at the beautiful woman next to him who was engrossed in the novel she was reading.There were still  days when he woke up with her in his arms that he pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming.Other times he always glanced at her left hand then at his own hand.The matching rings that they wore definitely reassured him that she was his.

   He glanced at her again before pulling her onto his lap in one quick move which didn't even surprise her as he did it every night.Instead,she settled into a comfortable position and continued reading after kissing him on his cheek.Dong Wook wrapped his arms around her waist possesively and placed his chin on her shoulders.As he inhaled her scent,he was brought back to  the past.

  Of course everyone knew that he liked her ever since he selected her as his ideal type.Even though he was 11 years older than her,he had not been impervious to her charms.When he was asked to choose his ideal type on Boom's radio program,he had choosen her without much thought.He had then successfully managed to get her out of his mind by pouring all of his energy into his work.

  Then,surprise of all surprises,she had guested on Strong Heart after he had become one of the hosts for the show.When she had chosen Boom over him despite having thanked him for choosing her as his ideal type,he had been dumbfounded and truthfully a little dispirited as well but being an actor,he hid it well.After that episode ended,he had pestered his manager to find out why she had chosen Boom over him because he knew very well that both their managers were close friends.

  When his manager had finally had gotten the truth from IU's manager and shared it with Dong Wook,he had been surprised.Her reasons for not choosing him had been that she didn't want any more anti fans and second reason being that she was out of his league.Hearing those reasons only made IU more endearing to him but Dong Wook vowed to keep his distance from her as the last thing he wanted was to hurt her.Even if he managed to successfully pursue her,in the fickle land of fame,would their relationship be able to survive?Besides he was 11 years older than her,there was no way she would accept him.

   For 5 years,he focused on his work and did his best to ignore her.He even did his military service earlier hoping that it would help him regain his senses.All that worked well enough until Dong Wook found out that he had been selected for the variety show 'We Got Married'.Of course,his company had forced him to accept it without even knowing whom his bride would be.

  On the first day of shooting he had been quite nervous.Shows like this were not something he was  comfortable doing but  he had been left with no choice.When his bride had been revealed,Dong Wook had wondered if he was being rewarded or punished by God because his bride was none other than the Nation's Little Sister,IU.The first episode had been really awkward for the both of them with each of them stealing glances at each other but not knowing what to talk about.

  The next day,Dong Wook had expected a huge outcry over the new couple on 'We Got Married'.He had been so sure of it that he had wanted to bash the producers for pairing him of all male celebrities with IU.For the umpteenth time that week,he had been shocked to see that more than 95% of the viewers thought they were cute together despite the .They even predicted that once they became more comfortable with each other,they would become a popular couple on the show.

   True enough,as they spent more time shooting,they grew comfortable with each other and the chemistry between the two became evident.They were called the Marshmallow couple because of her song and how he had chosen her as his ideal type,basically admitting that he had a crush on her which was that particular song's theme.Inevitably as they grew closer and spent more time with each other,his feelings for her not only resurfaced but grew stronger.

  Despite how many people liked them as a couple and even urged  them to become a real couple,he had been hesitant to make a move as he had been very sure that IU didn't feel the same way.One phone call was all it took to make him finally decide to pursue her,when one night,a drunken IU called him inthe middle of the night and asked him if he was only pretending on the show because she wasn't.At the last episode for the Marshmallow Couple,he asked her to be his girlfriend and when even the director cheered him on as IU accepted,Dong Wook felt glad that he had followed his heart.

  Of course,there were a few who bashed both him and her but they chose to simply ignore the anti fans.After all,love is blind and even celebrities are only humans who want to love and be loved.As months passed by and their relationship remained as strong and loving as ever,even those anti fans began to quiet down as they realised that this wasn't another fake relationship created just to garner headlines.

  Two years after they started dating,he finally asked her not if she would marry him but when she would.Her answer had been as soon as possible so they opted for a simple wedding with just close friends and family.In a week,it would be their third wedding anniversary. "I love you,"his wife's words brought him back tothe present. "I love you too,"he softly whispered back as his hands gently touched her baby bump.Dong Wook couln't wait for the next addition to their family.His life felt complete at that moment.