Chapter #16

Tiny Little Men
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s face fell from anger into a panic when the door slammed after Suho, his fists banging desperately on the door.

“Suho! Let me in, you’re making a mistake!”

It seems as if Suho can’t hear him, and Kris starts smirking to himself. Suho has always put everyone else before him, so he’ll rescue them for sure. And he knows that’s what each one of them would want.

Jiyong stops his fist pummelling suddenly, turning around with gritted teeth and looking directly to Daesung over everyone’s heads.

“Should we…?” he prompts, Daesung stepping forward and looking at each intruder.

He locks eyes with Sehun first. He’s worried, that much is evident. The way his brows are furrowed and he’s biting his bottom lip, he’s obviously scared for Luhan and Suho. The same with Jongin. He’s scared, except he’s making an effort not to let it show. A failed effort, but an effort nonetheless.

Chanyeol has balled his fists by his side, ready to fight his way to Baekhyun.

More than being able to read these people like a book, Daesung decides to have a little more fun while he can. He knows the plans, and he knows what’s going to happen next with Jiyong. But for now, he wants to mess with the people who broke into his laboratory and started shouting their mouths off.

You see, as Daesung distracts them, Jiyong will inch his way to the desk on the far side of the room. There he will press a button located on an under-ledge, hence igniting a switch in the lab and sending the place up in flames. It’s certain that the small people will die, what with their lungs being unstable at the moment from the injections. Suho most probably won’t want to leave them, so he’ll die fighting for them and trying to get them out. That takes him out.

And as for the remaining five males? Well, they trespassed and jeopardised twenty five years of a project. All down the drain because they couldn’t keep their noses out. The very least Daesung can do is repay the favour and cause them a little heartbreak.

“Kris, right?” he smoothly asks, confidence evident in his voice as he leans back against the locked door.

Kris nods, looking uneasy.

“Right, right, Tao’s human. He’s told me about you. Said you were loud. Actually, he said you were a gentle giant. I confess, I eavesdropped on him talking to Baekhyun. You’re the one who made him warm milk when he couldn’t sleep. Aww, so sweet.”

Kris fumes, ready to kill the man on the spot, stopped when he hears what comes next.

“It’s probably what made him fall in love with you. The way you’d always take care of him. You could be the big bad boss in the daytime and keep everyone in line, but when it came to Tao, he said you made him feel so treasured.”

“What are you trying to do?” Kris spits out.

“Just telling you the truth is all.”

Moving two steps to the side, Daesung stands in front of Chanyeol. “And you?”

“What about me,” Chanyeol grumbles with his eyes narrowed.

“Well, I say ‘you’, I mean Baekhyun. He’s hardly shut up about you. Chanyeol this, Yoda that, Bigfoot the other. Luhan could hardly shut him up! Oh, how I laughed. I had to sneak in a few giggles when he started being all lovey dovey with the names; ‘baby’ and so forth. And that’s not even including the hand actions…they got a little R-rated, but hey ho.”

Chanyeol blushes to the tips of his ears, fighting an embarrassed smile and the urge to fiddle with his jacket.

“Shut up,” Sehun hisses, stepping forward as if to push Daesung away.

The elder male scoffed, spinning to come face-to-face with the youngest.

“Ah, you. The saddest story of them all, truly.”

“Look mate, I don’t wanna hear about Luhan being adorable right now, so you’d better shut your unruly little mou—”

“Oh, that’s so cute! You think he’s been pining over you, how adorable.”

Sehun comes up short, his mouth flopping open like a fish.

“You see, while the others were grieving their lost love and their soulmates leaving them, Luhan was oddly calm. I asked him why he was so composed about it all, because we were always rather close. He always told me everything, so I know when he’s lying. He told me straight up that he was glad to get away from you all, especially his ‘clingy as roommate’. Always hugging him, smothering him. He was the most willing to sign that contract and finally rid himself of you.”

Sehun doesn’t wait for Daesung to carry on, delivering a perfect right hook to the man’s jaw and having him on the floor in shock.

“You don’t know Luhan at all.”

Daesung laughs, “I’ve known him all his life, kid. He needs his space, and he needs you out of his mind.”

Distracting them from their quickly escalating fight, Jiyong makes an accidental noise. On his way over to the desk to ignite the place, he trips on a pencil topper. Yongbae insisted on keeping them around, even when he’s not.

“What are you doing?” Jongdae asks suspiciously, closing in on the man.

Jiyong makes a jump for the desk, slamming his hand on the red button. Everyone except the scientists freeze,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter