Episode 1 (part 1)

Love involved

 

The members of ___ were patiently waiting in a big bus which was standing still at the side of the road. It was the day of recording the first episode of the second season of Love Involved and the girls were waiting for the MC to come in to tell them they were finally leaving. After 30 minutes of chatting about who the boy group and the other girl group could be, MC Han Junghoon finally came in. ‘There my girls are!’ he said happily. This wasn’t the first time the girls and Junghoon met each other on tv shows. ‘Ah, oppa, finally!’ All the girls started to whine. The camera’s were rolling. ‘Hello viewers! Today I’m here with the girls of ___. And we’re soon to be on our way to meet our male cast members. How are you girls feeling?’ He put his fake mic in front of Aya. ‘Impatient.’ She said utter seriously. The MC laughed and turned to the camera again. ‘I’ll explain the rules of the first mission!’ He grabbed a glass with a few folded papers in it. ‘Every single one of you will pick one of these papers. Each one has a different destination on them. There you’ll meet your partner for the first mission. At the destination you’ll get a mission assigned and if you succeed you’ll go to the next destination by picking another paper at that place. There are 3 missions in total. The pair who arrives at the final destination first, will be gifted a dinner for two later this evening. The pair who arrives last, will have to spend the night at the haunted hotel.’ ‘Haunted hotel?’ you hear Abby whisper in fear. ‘Yes, Abby-ah, the haunted hotel. We won’t reveal any details about it yet.’ He laughed at Abby’s reaction. The uneasiness was visible on the members’ faces. ‘What about the other girl group?’ Jaemi asked. ‘You will meet them at the final destination. If we all pick a paper, the bus will leave and drop every member off at the place you have chosen. I just came from the other two groups and I’m sure you guys will get along.’ The girls all grabbed a piece of paper out of the glass. After everyone knew their destination, Junghoon left the vehicle and the bus was on their way.

The first one to be dropped off was maknae Abby. ‘Wish me luck, guys.’ ‘You’ll be fine, Abby-ah.’ Haneul said while nodding. The bus stopped and she stood up from her seat next to Haneul and greeted the members goodbye. Abby chose the destination ‘The Park’. It wasn’t far from their starting point. The bus driver gave her an explanation which way she would have to go and then closed the door. The members, who were feeling really nervous now that everything had finally begun, waved at her and gave her encouragement by giving thumbs up. Abby was the girliest and classiest member of the group. She was wearing peach and white colored clothing and a pretty golden necklace. Her brown long hair gave her even more elegance and her plump round lips made her look like a beautiful puppet. No wonder she was the visual of the group. The face of the group. With the most commercial offers and TV-appearances. Also, she’s been called their ideal type by many. She walked the direction the bus driver send her. There were two personal cameramen following her. ‘Ah, I’m nervous. I hope he’s nice and that it won’t be awkward. I prayed so much for the boy group to be EXO. Please God.’ She folded her hands in prayer and looked at the sky and then she smiled at the camera while putting up a v-sign. She saw the camera crew in the distance. ‘That’s where I must be, don’t I? Let’s go, guys.’ She ordered her cameramen, reminding the viewers that they were there with her. The closer she came the faster she walked.

‘She’s coming this way. Don’t turn around.’ The PD warned the boygroup member. He was wearing a hoodie, so none of his bright hair was visible. He was tall and stood firm. Abby was a bit out of breath when she reached the spot surrounded by camera’s and crew members. The boy was waiting for the PD’s sign to turn around. Abby didn’t dare to say anything and waited for him to reveal himself. She played with her fingers and had a nervous expression of her face. The PD held his hand up. He turned around and opened his eyes to a short girl with thick eye make-up and pink lips. Before her a boy with blonde hair opened his eyes and her hands reached for . ‘Oh, Bangtan Sonyeondan.’ was her reaction. Namjoon started giggling shyly, holding his hand in front of his mouth. ‘Abby, right?’ he said. ‘Yes, Abby Kim. And you’re R-Rap Monster?’ His stage name was a bit uncomfortable for her to say as she had often made fun of it with the other members, teasing Jaemi, who’s a big fan. Namjoon stuck out his hand. ‘Kim Namjoon.’ ‘My members will be so happy about this.’ She smiled, answering him with a handshake.

Q. How did you feel when you saw who your partner was?

Namjoon: I was happy of course. I really like ___ and Abby is truly beautiful. I saw them a few times during Music Shows, but we’ve never really talked to each other before.

Abby: He was so tall! And handsome. He doesn’t have a typical Korean face, he looks a bit foreign.

The second one to be dropped off was Sooyeon. She silently left the bus encouraged by her fellow members and was also given instructions by the bus driver. Sooyeon’s short dark brown curls were cute on her sharp jawline and big lips. She’s a bit tomboyish and rather wears comfortable clothing than skirts and fitted suits. She was wearing a skinny jeans with an oversized sweatshirt, which suited her fantastically. The destination she picked was ‘The Coffeeshop.’ Without saying a word she arrived at the destination and saw through the glass a whole camera crew standing around a hooded boy in the middle of the room. She walked through the entrance of the coffee shop. He was tall, but since she was tall herself it wasn’t the first thing she noticed about him. She noticed his broad shoulders. She came closer and the tall boy turned around. ‘Oh, you’re Sooyeon from ___!’ he said happily. ‘Yes. But..’ Seokjin looked at her with questionable eyes. ‘Which group are you from again?’ Which made Seokjin laugh in embarrassment and face palm. ‘Bangtan Sonyeondan.’ He said through his laughing. ‘Ah! Jaemi’s addiction.’ ‘She likes us?’ ‘Likes you? She can’t shut about you. Are you Jimin?’ ‘No, I’m Jin. The oldest.’ ‘Oh, you’re her least favorite then.’ Again Seokjin laughed in embarrassment. Sooyeon has always been quite straightforward and no matter how funny the situation gets, she never laughs herself. She had a really unique personality, which has always been loved by her other members.

Q. How did you feel when you saw who your partner was?

Seokjin: -laughs- She was.. unique? Really straightforward and no expression at all. I was a bit shocked!

Sooyeon: .. He was handsome. –gives a little smile-

The third one to get off the bus was Aya. She put up a strong front telling everyone that she wasn’t nervous at all, but her heart was pounding like crazy. Just as Sooyeon, Aya was more of a tomboy than a girly girl. Her heavy eyeliner, long rave black hair and all black clothing gave her the image of a rocker. She was often called the second visual of the group, because of her typical Korean features and beauty. Her lips were thin and her face was small, which was loved by a lot of male fans. But what fans love her most for is that she looks fierce, but is actually really soft. She easily calls people idiots, jokingly of course and she often drops sarcastic remarks, but she’s actually a shy girl who gets really nervous when all eyes are on her. ‘The Gym’ was her destination and when she arrived, she was welcomed by a huge camera crew and again a boy in a hoodie standing with his back towards her. She didn’t know what to do. ‘Is this where I have to be?’ she asked suddenly, almost face palming herself after it for asking a question with an obvious answer. Without answering her, the PD gave the boy the sign to turn around and reveal himself. Aya was basically still at the door. ‘Oh! Bangtan Sonyeondan, right?’ she said while coming closer. Before her was a rather short boy, still taller than her, with short cut red hair and a cap. ‘And you’re from..’ Aya noticed that he did not recognize her. ‘___’ she said while laughing. ‘Ah, I’m sorry.’ He said politely. ‘No problem. We’re not that popular. We debuted less than a year ago, so I wouldn’t expect a senior group to know us that well.’ ‘I’ve heard of your group, but I’ve never really taken the time to listen to your music. I promise I will. Your name by the way?’ ‘Kim Ahrin or just call me Aya.’ ‘I’m Min Yoongi.’ They shook hands. ‘Yes, Suga, right?’ He nodded.

 Q. How did you feel when you saw who your partner was?

Yoongi: ‘I felt sorry for not being able to recognize her. I hope she can forgive me for that. I’ll listen to their music more often. I heard she is the rapper of the group, so we do have something in common.’

Aya: ‘He didn’t recognize me, but I really don’t blame him for that. Actually, Jaemi is a big fan of BTS and always demands me to listen to their songs and watch videos they upload on Youtube. Yoongi oppa was always one of my favorites, because he and I are a bit alike when it comes to humor and our hatred for working out.’ –smiles-

Jaemi was the fourth to get off. She was more excited than she was nervous, but she did take in a few breaths before leaving Haneul all alone in the bus and get off. Jaemi has been ranked several times in the top 10 y female idols, mainly because of the fact she has the largest s of all female idols out there. She has great dancing skills, which is also why she earned a spot in the top 10. Even though she’s known for her -appeal, she’s actually quite insecure about herself. She had been overweight since she was 5. When she finally lost weight, her style of clothing became more revealing. Not because she wants male attention, but just because she can finally wear what she saw other people wear, but couldn’t because she wasn’t skinny enough. She was wearing shorts, with a blouse wrapped around her hips and a tight top with long sleeves, revealing her stomach. Her hair was long and curly, showing everyone that she wasn’t fully Asian. Also, she had the brightest color hair out of the group. Red. Bright red. She has light freckles, big lips and big eyes. The destination she chose was ‘The Beach’ and when she arrived, again, a crew of camera’s and a boy with a hoodie standing in the middle with his back towards her welcomed her. She was just a bit shorter than him, she noticed. Jaemi and Sooyeon were the tallest of the group, which earned them the nickname ‘The Yeon Towers’, since their real names both contain the syllabel ‘yeon’. Even though she was feeling excited, she became more nervous with every step she took. She stood behind the boy’s back, breathed in and looked at the PD, waiting for him to tell the boy to turn around. She already had someone in mind by just looking at the way he stood, but she didn’t think it would be him. That would be too good to be true. As the boy turned around, she almost got a heart attack, because standing in front of her was Kim Taehyung, who she already thought, but wasn't likely to be. A member of her absolute favorite boy group and her number 1 addiction for the past 2 years. She gasped, brought her hands to and squatted down on the floor. All Taehyung could do was giggle at her reaction, until she lifted her head, almost in tears, so he could finally take a look at her. ‘Hey, you’re the leader of ___, right?’ Taehyung said as he stretched his hand towards her. ‘I’m-’ Jaemi shook his hand and pulled herself up. ‘You’re Kim Taehyung from Bangtan Sonyeondan! I can’t believe this! I’ve been an A.R.M.Y for 2 years already. You guys were my inspiration to never give up during my trainee days. I’m Jaemi, I’m sorry for the reaction and the fangirling, I just can’t believe it’s you!’  

Q. How did you feel when you saw who your partner was?

Taehyung: ‘I was happy, because I’ve been into her group lately. They make good music. I don’t have a favorite member yet, but I can tell that Jaemi and I are alike. She’s talk-a-tive and so am I, so I think we match well. And of course I was happy that she really liked it was me. I saw her group during promotions and I noticed her looking at us the whole time. She’s cute.’ –laughs-

Jaemi: ‘Do I need to say anything more?' -laughs- 'I’m a bit embarrassed, though. I probably seemed like a crazy fangirl.’ –sighs-

‘I hope Abby and my unnie’s are happy about their partners. I’m really curious now.’ Haneul spoke to the camera out of lonliness. Her destination was ‘The Noraebang’ and she predicted her mission to most likely involve singing. ‘I have to go to a Noraebang, so I hope that I won’t get a rapper as partner, because then it’ll probably take a long time before we succeed the mission.’ She babbled to the viewers at home. She finally arrived, got directions from the bus driver and got off with two personal cameramen. She didn’t have to search much, because the Noraebang was right around the corner. As she went in, she was also welcomed by a hooded boy and a crowd of crew. ‘I’m nervous.’ She said to the viewers. Haneul was the shortest of the group and even though she’s the second youngest, she’s often treat at the maknae, by the overprotective unnie’s. She has a small voice and is your typical shy girl. Her charms are her brains. She’s really smart and is intrested in topics regarding space and the galaxy. She knows everything about every planet and reads a lot of books. Her style of clothing are a mixture of Sooyeon’s, Aya’s and Abby’s style, comfortable but girly, yet punk.  Something what she absolutely has to wear everyday are ribbons. Whether it’s on her clothing or in her hair, ribbons must be there. That rhymes. Just like Aya, she has long rave black hair. What she’s know for are her big eyes and eyelashes who make her look innocent and pure, which she also is. She tip-toed into the Noraebang room and found herself staring at a boy’s back. The boy was taller than her and she expected him to be way older than she was, which wasn’t the case. When he turned around she came face to face with the youngest member or Bangtan Sonyeondan, Jeon Jungkook. ‘I knew it!’ she suddenly says. ‘There was 43% chance that it would be your group!’ She became quiet after realising that what she said might’ve made him think she’s a total nerd. ‘Wow, how did you figure that out?’ he said suprised. For a minute long, Jungkook listened with full interest to Haneul explaining how she calculated the chances, which involved scedules, variety show appearances and traveling. ‘Do you know who I am?’ she asked at the end of the explanation. ‘Of course, I do. You’re Haneul from ___. I’ve seen you guys around music shows and I recently downloaded your latest single too.’

 Q. How did you feel when you saw who your partner was?

Jungkook: ‘I was very happy actually. Even though their group isn’t as well known yet, I do like them a lot. I know a bit about the members already. Haneul noona is really smart. I still can’t believe how much work she put into her calculation.’

Haneul: ‘I was suprised he was intrested in my calculation, because normally my other members would tell me I'm a nerd, but he didn’t. He appreciated it. I think we’ll get along well.’ -smiles-