Can You smile?

Can You Smile?

Can You Smile?

// Nicole POV//

Its been 3 years since I've met the love of my life and he goes by the name Kim MyungSoo. I loved him and he loved me, but what was in the way of this love story was my arranged marriage with Kim Sunggyu, my mother's friend's son. Both his and my family were wealthy but MyungSoo was just a normal guy. He wasn't really wealthy nor was he poor. On the other hand, Sunggyu's family was the second wealthy family in the whole Korea... While my family was the first. My mother wanted me to get married at this age since her mother did the same to her. My mother was married to Nam WooHyun the richest man in Korea and now she wants me to marry Kim Sunggyu, the second richest man in Korea. 

When MyungSoo and I heard the news, we were both sad and helpless. What's worse was the marriage was in a month when we heard the news. I knew Sunggyu loved me but he knows clearly that I do not love him back. MyungSoo and I decided to elope the week after but was then caught by my parents. MyungSoo was brought to an abandoned house, locked up and tied up while I was locked in my room until the wedding day. Sunggyu would often come and visit me and I appreciate it but I really wished it was MyungSoo in front of me. Every night I would sneak out my window to just to that abandoned house and meet MyungSoo. I would give him food and water because I know how my family is like. They would just abandon him like how this house was abandoned. 'MyungSoo-ah, Kwenchana? You've been locked here for the pass 3 weeks...' I asked. 'Nicole... I'm fine... How are you?' He replied. 'I'm good... The wedding is in 7 days... I don't want to get married to Sunggyu... ㅠㅠ' i said. 'It's alright. I'll stop this wedding for sure!!' He said. 

While the guards were sleeping, I kissed MyungSoo's cheeks and  My mother came in with the guards. She dragged me back into the house and locked me up. She even locked the window... Everyday I would beg Sunggyu to have an excuse to get me out of my room since my mother only listened to him. He brought me out and we walked around the park. He suddenly asked me 'Nicole ah, do you really hate me that much?' 'Why do you ask that?' I asked. 'It seems like you really don't want to marry me... Did I do something wrong?' He asked with teary eyes. I suddenly felt guilty. All this time I only thought about MyungSoo and I didn't even thought about Sunggyu's feelings... 'I don't hate you Sunggyu Oppa... Its just that... Myungsoo and you are different and the man I love is MyungSoo... I like you too Oppa but not as a lover but as a brother...' I said with guilt. Sunggyu did not reply but just stared at the sky with a painful smile. He then said '*sigh* what a cruel world this is... Lovers can't be together and no one is there for me...' I started to feel more guilty and tears were going to fall out but i held it in... Just because of one man I hurt another... Why is this world so cruel...

It was 1 day before the wedding and I haven't seen MyungSoo or Sunggyu for the pass week after Sunggyu had that talk with me... I was getting ready for tomorrow and for some reason I didn't feel happy at all... I went to sleep after all the set up and dreamt of MyungSoo. I really missed him... 

It was the day of the wedding. All my aunt and uncles were there and so were Sunggyu's parents. I wore the wedding dress and put on makeup with the help of my cousin. She knew I was In love with MyungSoo but she couldn't do anything since she doesn't really talk to my mother. I was ready to walk down the aisle with my dad beside me. I saw Sunggyu there waiting for me. We walked to Sunggyu and my dad handed me to him. We faced the priest and he started the ceremony. 'Do you Kim Sunggyu, take Ms. Nicole Nam as your lovely wedded wife?' Asked the priest. 'Yes I do' replied Sunggyu. Then the priest turned to me and asked 'And do you Nicole Nam take Kim Sunggyu as your lovely wedded husband?' I replied 'I..... I.....' 'NO SHE DOESN'T!!!' Shouted someone. Everyone looked back and saw MyungSoo standing there with sweat all over his body. He was panting while walking hurriedly to me. He held my face softly and kissed me on the lip. That was it, my first kiss was stolen by the love of my life. He broke the kiss and looked deeply into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back but was curious on who let him out of that abandoned house. 'I set him free.' said Sunggyu, 'that night after that talk, I went to him and let him go since he really loved you and I can see that you really loved him.' 

//End of Nicole's POV//

 


// Sunggyu POV//

*Flashback* 
I opened the door to that abandoned house and saw MyungSoo hopeless tied inside. I walked to him and untied his hands. He then untied himself and stood up with the help of me. He glared at me and I was worried but stayed calm. He started 'Why did you help me? You could've just let me rot here to death...' 'I'm here to set you free and stop the wedding. I know you love Nicole and she loves you too. I don't want to be the lightbulb here...' I said. 'Do you really mean it?' He asked. 'Yes... If it makes Nicole's smile come back, i would do anything... But if you do anything to make that smile disappear, I'm stealing her back!' I exclaimed. He smiled and I helped him home. 

*End of Flashback*

'Did he really say that?' Asked Nicole. 'Yes... He did... And i really thank him...' Said MyungSoo. Nicole's parents walked over to get MyungSoo out of the way but I stopped them. I said 'Nicole... Before we part our ways, can you smile for me one last time...? I really missed it...' She looked at me and smiled a happy smile, not the ones i keep seeing, all sad and hopeless. I smiled back and a tear fell off my eye. She ran off with MyungSoo hand in hand leaving me there watching them happy. I then thought 'its good to see her smile again...' I bowed to everyone and walked out of the hall. 

That night, I drank a whole lot of beer and was drunk. I took out a knife and was ready to end my life since I had no one to love me. My parents chased me out from the house and now I'm homeless. I am currently out in the park drinking. The knife was on my arm when suddenly I heard someone shouting my name. She ran to me and grabbed the knife away. I looked up at her and she had pretty features and long curly hair. She sat down beside me and asked me 'Hey, What's wrong HamsterGyu? Something happened?' Only then I realized she was my crush/best friend since middle school. I replied 'R... Rachel? I haven't seen you since middle school... You left to US right?' 'I decided to come back... Korea is way better than US... They bully people and called me an idiot...' She said.  I chuckled and said 'what brings you here?' 'I was walking around and then I saw this familiar figure sitting down and trying to cut himself. Only then I knew it was you HamsterGyu :p' she said. 'You will never stop calling me that won't you...' I said. 'Its a nice name man^^ and why were you here trying to cut yourself while drinking?' She asked. 'i was afraid you'd ask..' I said. I told Rachel the whole situation and she was patting my back comforting me. Rachel and I were best friends until middle school. Her mom forced her to study in the US. 
//END OF SUNGGYU POV//

// FEW YEARS LATER//

//Narator POV//

After 3 years, MyungSoo and Nicole were happy wedded couple with a son named SungJong. Sung Jong was a cheeky little boy and loved to play with SungGyu and Rachel's daughter Nana. After they grow up, the both families were planning to set up Nana and SungJong together and they actually succeeded. The both family then lived happily ever after~ 

The End~~^^