Fabricated Truth

September 24th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “What?” I asked Donghae with shocked expression at his sudden confession. What was he trying to solve here? He’s only going to complicate this thing I have gone. I nudge him hard with my elbow, but that didn’t afflict any pain on him or any that I could see. I turn to Yura who had that devious smile on her face like no other. She was satisfied what was going on, and it was her true happiness that succumbed mine. Everything that she wished for was going to come true.

    “Is that true?” she asked him, because she knew if I was the one in question, her plan would fall through. 

    “Isn’t it obvious?” Donghae grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. I scoffed as my head faced away from the cameras. I was furious, this wasn’t what I intended to happen. I didn’t want any relations stuck to me. There was no point to have a relationship with me if I was going to die.

    “CUT!” Yura yelled out as I pulled away from Donghae. I could see a satisfying smile on her face. I looked at Donghae… was it his alter ego that caused this ruse?

    “We are going to have to talk later,” I grunted my teeth as I threatened him. As I tried to leave, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. What was it now?

    “I was only doing this to save you,” he tried to explain, “But..”

    I sighed in frustration, “Tell it to someone who cares,” I got out of his grip and I chased after Yura who was busy packing up her news crew into the car.

    “Yura, please give me a chance to redo this. I don’t want this lie to sit upon my head,” I beg of her.

    “Actually, this story as more interesting than the one I thought. Your little friend is a wonderful writer, he should join our crew. It would be a rather fun career choice for him,” She teased me as she didn't allow one look towards me.

    “I thought you wanted to tell the truth. You are one of the best news reporters right now, why tell lies?” 

    “It’s not a lie. It is a fabricated truth. Perhaps you and Donghae could become a couple in the future. I just want to see if Myungsoo will meet me one day. I would want him to see my heart one last time,” She smiled as if she knew it was coming.

    “Why just hope?”

    “If I have hope, It’ll come my way.”

    “Then tell me this, why do you hate me so much? Why do you target only me?” 

    “If I told you, it would take a long time… but since you are a curious person, why not?” she folded her arms and led to me to a hallway that was far from her news crew.

    “Are you going…”

    “Yes, I will tell you. Listen, we weren’t friends to start with. When you became someone who was a burden, I had to leave you with good reasons.”

    “What do you mean by that? Were you tired of protecting me? Where you growing detached with the fact that I was a sick person and that you were stuck with someone who was going to die years later?”

    “No, don’t turn this around. I was, indeed, tired of protecting you. But it was something that I liked to do. You were like my sister back then, until you backstabbed me. I saw you talking to those girls that bullied you. I heard it all,” she looked at me like she did years before when she told me that she would leave my side.

    “Yoon-” a familiar voice called for me. I was sure it was Yura, but before I could look, the group of bullies walked toward me.

    “Yoona, is it? What’s with you and Yura? Are you two dating?” A girl by name of Nana started to push me.

    “W-what do you want?” I stuttered out trying to be brave.

    “Are you trying to be confident right now? You have no right to kick us out of this area. We own this school and you.”

    “Listen, stop bullying me and Yura. Why are you teasing me and my disease? I know I will die in a couple years, why voice that to the whole school?”

    “It’s fun. Why not do it? Why not—“

    “Why don’t you pick someone who’s normal? Not someone… you know maybe it’s better for me to be teased, so no one will suffer like me. It’s a shame that you have to do this, instead of looking for your future. While I have no future, why don’t you take all this time to find yours?” I lectured her as a tear fell from my face from all the anger that I held in my body.

    “Why don’t you take your tears and all those meaningless words to someone who cares?” Nana laughed at me as her crew of 3 people started to walk toward me.

    “What do you want?”

    “We want to take Yura.”

    My face fell and my heart sank. What would they want with Yura? I hope nothing dangerous.

    “No, you can’t take her.”

    “You are a shadow behind her. She’s a leader, which is something we like,” She crossed her arms and leaned forward, “You can’t do anything, so if you let her take her. She will be okay.”

    Could I risk it? I was concerned for Yura these days. She was protecting me anyway possible from yelling to physically fighting for me. It would be better for her to not have scars and bruises… Her parents dislike the fact that she is always fighting for me. I may lose my friend in this situation. I hate seeing her hurt though.

    “Take her. Don’t hit her anymore. Hit me. I’m going to die anyways,” I sighed as a tear began to escape from my eyes.

    “Good thinking. We could have beaten you up today, but it seems like you are lucky today,” Nana pushed me onto the ground before she left the school with her crew. 

    I wiped my tears off my face before getting up. What did I just do? I hear footsteps heading my way and I quickly smooth out my clothing before any suspicion could be drawn from me.

    “Yoona!” It was Yura. She was here at the wrong time. 

    I look up at her with a smile, “What are you doing here?”

    “You know I heard the whole conversation. It was heart-breaking when I asked you about it. You lied that they wanted to take money from you to buy lunch. You sold me off to them. You betrayed me,” She stared me down with those cold eyes that used to be warm and smiling.

    “Listen, I had—“

    “I don’t want to hear your excuses. You could have told me what situation was going on. You could have said something instead of being a minion of them. You became more hurt because I turned the tables and hurt you instead,”

    My eyes widened at the fact that my decision years ago affected her deeper than I thought it would.

    “This is why I hate you. No, I’m glad you betrayed me because now I can finally know what kind of monster you were. You made me your bodyguard and sold me off. Those girls were nicer to me and treated me like I was one of them. To you, I was just a guard to those you taunted your near death disease,” She sighed at me in disappointed as she let her arms fall to her sides.

    “It’s not like I can say sorry at this moment. That wouldn’t make up those years that I changed you. All I can say in this time frame is have a nicer life than I will”.

    “I will,” She left my side and went back to her camera crew who was finished packing, “I hope we don’t meet again. Bye”

    I didn’t look back to see her leave. Now, I knew why she wanted to call me out. She wanted me to feel the pain she felt when I betrayed her and then fell in love with someone she had her heart in. I walked away back to my room with all kinds of thoughts in my head.

    I entered my room with Donghae waiting for me. I angrily stared him down as I walked towards him with heavy steps.

    “Because of you, I have my whole life ruined and rearranged. This is going to be everywhere, it’s not a fictional story. You told the whole world something that wasn’t real!” I pointed at him as I shouted his wrongdoings.

    “Are you still longing for him? Are you wondering if that hurt him? Do you still love him?”    

    I paused. What was he… he wasn’t talking about Myungsoo was he? How could I po—

    “You didn’t want him to hear about this fictional relationship because secretly you still have him in your heart.”    

    “Don’t be stupid. I was the one who left his side. I have no feelings regarding him,” I said scoffing at his ridiculous story.

    “Why be with Yura and tell that stupid story? You knew it wasn’t true but you were scared to tell the world it.”

    “I didn’t want my past to overwhelm my present. What will it do if I forgotten the past already? Don’t you hate it when the past seeps through all the hard work you tried to cover it up with?” 

    “The past makes you what you are today. Without that past, you wouldn’t …”

    “Go on.” I said at the sound of his hesitation. He didn’t want to finish what he started, because he knows the past of his and mine. They were cruel and we were left with nothing at the end.

    “Nothing. Never mind,” he responded with a heavy sigh and began to walk past me.

    “No. Go on. Say what you were going to say.”

    “No, I don’t think I need to. You know what I was going to say.”

    “No, you didn’t want to finish it because you believe the opposite of what you said. You do want to cover your past, because your past was horrible. Your past is just like mine. We were both abandoned and sick. We are monsters that no one wanted,” I scolded him until I was teary eyed, “You and I share the same story. You can’t tell me otherwise.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter