Intro

Love and Everything else in Between

It's Friday night and I'm stuck here in my room eating cheesecake and watching another episode of Suits. It has been a really exhausting first week of school for a senior like me, so instead of going out for drinks and bond with friends, I opted to stay at home.

I was about to take another bite of my precious dessert when phone rang, ruiner.

"Daehyunnie~ I'm going out with the team and a few cheerleaders — wanna tag?"

It's Youngjae.

"Nah, I'll pass. I'm pretty tired and I just want to rest," I answered.

"Night-outs are not that fun without you though! And Baekhyun's going to come too, if you know what I mean." He teased.

"I'm tired, Jae. I'll make it up to you next time."

"Okay, your lost. Have a good night best bud!"

"Have fun, best bud." I said, then the call ended.


Best friend. Best Bud. One and only dude. Brother from another mother.

These are the words that continue to hunt me for the past ten years. Yes, ten years.

Ten years and I'm still stuck in love with Yoo Youngjae.

But what's not to love about him? 

Yoo Youngjae, 18, is a handsome senior from the prestigious Seoul Arts Academy. He is the football team's ace player, the photography club's president, the Math and Science wizard and the school's top pianist.

He is the youngest son of the Yoos, and the second heir to Korea Trade Holdings Corporation. Aside from being fluent in English, French, Japanese and Mandarin, he was also well-versed in different business practices at the young age of 16.

He is the gods' perfect creation of irony. He's a douche and a gentleman at the same time. A womanizer yet a very loyal friend. A snarky but also man of his words.

Yoo Youngjae, the only reason why I still don't have a first kiss at 19.

The only reason why I'm the only gay senior at school who has no boyfriend.

The only reason why I become a social hermit.

The only reason why I write The Vampire Diaries fanfiction during weekends.

The only reason why my heart is beating (Okay, it's too much. I know.).

I'm so pathetic.

I'm Jung Daehyun, BTW.