Can you do it everyday?

The Dare

Blue sky. Soft wind. Beautiful sunset. Jaejoong looks at the ocean. “It's endless... so beautiful. I wonder how it would feel if my life can be like the sea?", he felt his throat constricted as his eyes becomes clouded with tears. “I love you Yunho... How can I ever say goodbye to you without hurting you?"

 

Few days later..

•Yunho•

Yunho is running as fast as he can. He just got out of work and is now heading to Park's Jewelry. Tonight he's going to propose to Jaejoong, his one true love. They have been dating for seven years and next week will be their 8th anniversary. He wanted to propose before that day because he plans to marry Jaejoong on their anniversary. It doesn't matter if it will just be a simple wedding. Civil wedding next week, then church wedding three months later. He can't wait to start his whole life with him. Call him pathetic, but he loves Jaejoong that much. 

Yunho was still deep in thoughts when he reached the store. But he smiled widely when he saw his friend Yoochun and his wife Junsu waiting for him.

They have been his friends for as long as he had known Jaejoong. The four of them went in the same school in middle school until highschool. Five of them to be exact. Changmin, his closest friend who was in love with Jaejoong too is studying in Italy as an international chef. 

Changmin said that aside from eating it was his dream to be a chef so he left the country. Everyone believed him. Though unknown to everyone, he also left because he wanted to move on. Yunho knew how much he was hurt when Jaejoong chose to be with him instead of Changmin. Nevertheless, he will always be thankful to him for taking care of Jaejoong during those times that he was worthless. 

“Yunho! You're almost late! I though this is an important day for you! And here I was thinking you'd arrive one hour earlier than our agreed time. Geez!", Junsu said as he entered their private office. Yoochun is just laughing with his hands covering his ears. He understands why he's doing that. Being Junsu's husband must really be bad for the ears, so he is taking precautionary measures to save himself. 

Yunho laughed. “I'm sorry, Junsu-yah. As much I wanted to take an early leave today, my boss didn't let me," he checked his wristwatch, “and I made it in time didn't I? Three minutes early too. So, calm down."

Junsu pouted. “Whatever. You and Yoochun is the same. You don't understand how wives feel," he went out for a bit and when he returned, he gave him the box that holds an important part in his will-be memorable dinner ever.

Yunho smiled widely when he opened the small box and saw the ring. “So beautiful," his gaze turned to his friends and gave them a warm smile, “Thank you for everything, Yoochun, Junsu. I promise to cherish Jaejoong for the rest of our lives." They both gave him a thumbs up sign. “Then I'll be going now. Wish me luck!" he waved them goodbye and rushed out of the store.

 

•Jholic Restaurant•

Yunho checked everything. The table. The food. The flowers. The violinist. His tie. His hair. Everything is perfect. Just how it should be. He reserved the whole restaurant for this wonderful night. He touched the small box inside his pocket and felt his heart thump violently with excitement and nervousness. Then he heard that Jaejoong already came. 

Yunho then saw Jaejoong walking towards him. Love flooded his whole being while staring at his beautiful face. The face of his beloved. Right at that moment, he knew that he will lay everything on his feet just to make Jaejoong happy. 

Jaejoong smiled at him. It was such a sweet smile but something felt wrong. It seemed like the smile didn't reach his eyes. And when he look at him again, Jaejoong's usual happy smile is back. Was he imagining things?

Yunho brushed off the thoughts and welcomed Jaejoong with a hug. He guided him on their table and soon after, their meal came and they started eating. After that, Yunho asked Jaejoong to dance with him on the dance floor. 

•Jaejoong•

“Can I have this dance with my little princess?" Yunho bows as he offers his hand to him while his other hand is in his back. Jaejoong's heart swell with so much love for this man but felt a little tinge of pain. Yes he love him so much. That is why what he is about to do is right.. at least that's what he believes. 

Jaejoong reached for Yunho's hand wholeheartedly. Then he guided him in the dance floor. Yunho placed his hands around his waist and Jaejoong put his hands around his neck. They were intimately pressed together and he can feel all his insides turning jelly and hot at the same time. Just like how it feels when they make love everytime. 

“You look so beautiful today, princess. I love you." Yunho said as he planted a soft kiss on his forehead. His heart tightened. And his eyes became teary.

“As much as I love you, my gorgeous knight. My only love, my forever love, and all kinds of love there is in this world." Jaejoong said. Yunho laughed and pulled him in a tighter embrace. 

Yunho released him and look intently in his eyes before getting on his knees. He took out a small box from his pocket and opened it before him. Happiness filled him as he looks at him. But then a thought popped in his head and sadness and regret came rushing through.

“Jaejoongie.. we've been together for eleven years, loving you for ten years, dating for almost eight years. For some, that might be so freaking long already, but for me that is not nearly enough to show you how much I love you... to let you feel that I want you in my life. I can't imagine loving someone as much as I love you in this lifetime. I want to be with you always. To see you first thing in the morning next to me in my bed. The last person I want to see before I sleep. The only one I want to passionately make love with. The only person I want to cook for me, care for me, have my kids in the future.. I love you so much and I promise to make you happy. I will be faithful and I promise to love you for as long as I shall live. Will you be my wife?" Yunho said as he raise his hand with the box towards him. 

Jaejoong cried. He is very happy and yet his heart is breaking into pieces. God knows how much he love this man and how much he wants to say yes. But he can't.. for a reason that Yunho shouldn't know until the right time. 

Yunho held his gaze. As seconds pass, the uneasiness on his face grew evident. Jaejoong then held his hand and guided Yunho on the restaurant's garden. The place smells of roses. Red, white, and peach roses everywhere decorated with soft lights like the trees. 

Jaejoong can feel Yunho is being reluctant in following him. When he faced him, he was staring at him intently. Hope, fear, and love showing in his eyes. And his heart once again, constricted. He walked closer to him.

“Yunho-yah, were all the things you said true? You really love me that much?" Jaejoong asked. He can see that Yunho was a bit hurt because of his question like he is doubting him.

“It's true Jaejoongie. You know I won't lie to you about something like that and I know for sure that I never once made you feel otherwise." Yunho said. 

Jaejoong turned around to look at the roses. He have a feeling that he won't be able to say anything if he's looking at his face. “Then.. I want you to do something for me before I answer your proposal earlier..", he exhaled before facing Yunho again. He hugged him so tight like he won't ever wanna let him go, “I dare you, Jung Yunho."

 

A week later..

•Yunho• 

It's been a week since Yunho accepted Jaejoong's dare. And it's been a week too since he last saw him and talked to him. That night after his proposal, he was seriously nervous when Jaejoong didn't accept nor rejected him. And he was more nervous when Jaejoong brought him somewhere they can talk privately. He thought it's all over. But then he gave him a dare..

“I dare you, Jung Yunho. If you really love me, for one week, let's not see each other. Don't call me, don't send me messages, don't visit me, don't look at our pictures, if you can, don't think of me. Try to be happy without me. And I'll do the same. After a week, you know where to find me and I'll give you my answer."

That was Jaejoong's dare. He did everything that he asked of him. Aside from two things. He never stopped thinking about him and not seeing him or hearing his voice was hell for him and he miss him so bad. He wasn't happy at all. That night of his proposal, Jaejoong came in his house, saying the dare is starting the next morning.

They made love, cuddled, hugged, and kissed like there's no tomorrow. Jaejoong was so sweet, caring, and loving that the pain he felt when he didn't give him an answer right away in his proposal melted. In just one night, he cooked ten dishes for him. He felt so loved and it was like falling in love with Jaejoong all over again. They were like a newlyweds. They slept together but when he woke up, he's gone. He was starting to panic when he remembered that the dare starts that morning. 

Yunho's friends and family kept asking how his proposal turned out. He just said that he have to wait for a week to know. And now, one week's over! The dare is over! 

He is practically skipping while he's walking towards Jaejoong's house. He lives independently away from his family like him. When he reached the door, he saw a white envelope with a kiss mark above the door knob. He took the envelope.

“To my dearest, and the man I love the most, Jung Yunho" he smiled and read the letter inside. 

“Open the door and walk straight to the stairs. But before that, have you accomplished my dare? Write I LOVE YOU if yes, and I HATE YOU if no with the ballpen hanging on the flowerpot beside you. If you remember, you gave me that flowerpot with my favorite rose in it. And the ballpen was something you gave to me before as well. I treasured them both as much as I treasured you.♡"

Yunho can't help but smile again and feel so loved. He wrote I LOVE YOU FOREVER on the paper then walked towards the stairs. It was strangely too quiet. There he saw another white envelope with the same kiss mark and written on it was..

“For my Yunho, to my sweetest knight in coat & tie.♡"

He's smiling a lot today because of Jaejoong. It's even hard to think that he's been miserable the whole week because he misses him. He read the letter inside.

“I love you so much. I miss you. I promise to watch over you always. I want you to be happy more than anyone else in this world. Believe me, I have always wanted to be the one who will make you happy. You completed my dare but I know very well that you were thinking of me all the time. And I know that your thoughts will always be with me no matter where I be. 

THEN! If you finished reading, please write I PROMISE TO BE HAPPY ALWAYS with the same pen then head to my room for my final letter and answer to your proposal."

Yunho did as he was told. He wrote I PROMISE TO-BE HAPPY ALWAYS WITH YOU KIM JAEJOONG. He opened Jaejoong's room.

His eyes roamed around looking for Jaejoong but no one is there. Only a bouquet of white roses in Jaejoong's bed. Attached to it is the final letter for him. On the envelope, aside from a kiss mark, are traces of dried tears everywhere. His heart beat rapidly. The uneasiness he's feeling is growing. He read what was written in the envelope.

“I will never forget you my Yunho. But please.. try to forget me and be happy. You promised, right?"

“What do you mean forget you Jaejoongie when you're supposed to marry me? I don't understand." Yunho whispered as he opened the letter.

His throat hurts.. his heart even more. Tears started to fall from his eyes as he was reading Jaejoong's last letter. 

“Yunho-yah by the time you're reading this, I'm probably no longer around. I'm sorry I can't marry you. I want to be your wife. Believe me I do. I want to be the only one to take care of you, cook for you, be the father of my kids, sleep beside you when night comes, wake up in the morning and see your face first too. I want to make you happy. But I can't. Three months before you proposed to me, I was diagnosed with a stage four cancer."

Yunho is shaking so bad that he had to rely on the bed for support. His breathing is hoarse and his head full of Jaejoong's thoughts. He covered his mouth to suppress a sob but his effort was in vain. He continued reading.

“I love you so much that I can't say no to you and can't say yes knowing no matter what promise I make, I cannot fulfill. I didn't want you to see me weak and dying. I knew you'd hurt more than I do and that's the least thing I wanted to see before I leave. I know this is me being selfish, but I want you to remember me as the me you know for eleven years.. the happy and healthy Kim Jaejoong. And so I made that dare. Thank you for always indulging me on my selfish wishes.

Now, I dare you once more, for the last time, with the same dare along with the promises you wrote on my letters.

Love... can you do it everyday?"

 

------END-----