Chapter One

How I Met Him, The Love Of My Life

 

 

 

 

What a lovely day, the sun was out, kids were playing in the parks, and families were having picnics together. Always the typical view she would see.

. . .
"She" you may ask?

Haera Jung. The girl that always sees happiness through other people's eyes but never seemed to find any happiness of her own. It was that time of the day when she takes walks with the dogs or even cats. She indeed is a pet sitter and right now she was walking through the park with two leashes wrapped around her small hands.

"Yah, chincha doggie you have to do it here?" Haera sighed as she watched one of the dogs leap onto the grass to do his business.

Yeah . . . not a fun job now is it?

"Aish..." the dog walked back onto the pavement and started tugging onto the leash as Haera glared at the dog.

"Yah, let me throw this away" Haera grabbed a small plastic bag from her pocket, she then bent over and picked up . . . the dog's business and quickly threw it into the trash.

"Don't you dare do it again doggie, now let’s go back home”

Haera made her way back to the pet centre. This centre was specially made for pets that got abandoned or lost in the city. It wasn't everyday she took dogs for walks but she did do other jobs as well. She wouldn't say she didn't like the job but she preferred her other job better.

Her other job was a part time waitress at a café. Both jobs aren’t tough at all, in fact she makes just enough money to eat and to pay the rent for her one bedroom apartment.

Life was never easy for Haera, she just didn't know why.

"Back already Haera?" Mrs Kim glanced over at Haera as she placed the dogs back to their homes.

"Neh aunty, the day went by pretty fast" she chuckled as she then glanced around. "Is there anything I can do now?"

"No dear, you can actually go now. Everything is sorted and I have no jobs left. You know, I’m going to give you a day off tomorrow" Mrs Kim smiled.

"B-bwo? But why aunty?" she frowned.

"Aigoo, Haera you work every day, please take the day off! Look at you, have you been eating properly?" Mrs Kim walked towards Haera as she felt her arms.

Haera sighed as she shook her head. Mrs Kim was right, she hasn't been taking care of herself but there's nothing she can really do if she needed a place to stay or to eat.

Life on her own was tough, she had no one there to help her. Life isn't always fair for others.

"But aunty, I can still come in. I’m perfectly fine" Haera protested.

"Nonsense! Haera please just relax okay? I’ll see you on Sunday and give you your pay check, okay?" Mrs Kim gave Haera a small hug.

Haera returned the hug as she nodded her head. "Arrasso aunty, see you on Sunday"

With that Haera went back to the apartment and got ready for her next job. She didn't know why but she really wanted to go in work tomorrow, she didn't like the feeling of leaving Mrs Kim there. But she knew Mrs Kim was right, she looked like she hasn't been eating for weeks.

Haera let out a small sigh as she left the apartment for her next job. Unexpectedly it started to rain heavily as she was halfway there. Quickly she made a run for it until she bumped shoulders with someone.

"Yah, can't you watch where you’re going?!" A boy maybe around her age shouted as he ran past her into the building which was just next to the café. Haera frowned as she ignored what just happened and quickly ran inside.

"Omo! Quickly Haera!" Her co-worker Sehun ran to her and wrapped a big towel around her small figure.

"That rain sure came out of nowhere... are you okay?" He smiled down at Haera as she nodded.

"Neh oppa, don't worry" She smiled in return as she walked towards the counter with Sehun. Then greeted by another co-worker of hers.

"Haera do you need another towel?" Luhan offered as she shook her head.

"No thanks oppa, I’m all good" she smiled again just then her manager came towards the three.

"Haera... you look awful" His eyes widen.

"Kris hyung! That’s rude!" Luhan glared at his older hyung.

"I didn't mean it in that way baboya! Haera, have you been eating?" Kris asked as he patted Haera's head.

Haera nervously laughed as she tried to distract the three worried men. "Oh look!"

The three of them turned to where Haera was pointing as she then made a run for it into the workers locker room.

Just when she was about to make a run inside another of her co-workers blocked the way.

"I don't think so . . . miss cutie" Baekhyun squished Haera's cheeks as she squealed, running back to where she was the other three men glared at her.

"Haera, why haven't you been eating?" Sehun frowned as he offered her a seat.

"You know we can ways lend you money, Haera we can hell--" Luhan got cut off by Haera as she started to raise her voice.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys I don't need your help! I'm fine on my own. I've managed this for 24 years of my life, I know I can go on further"

With that Haera walked away into the locker room, leaving all the boys speechless.

This wasn't the first time the four boys tried helping her. They've actually known Haera for a really long time. Since the first day they saw her on the streets. They all tried to help her but Haera would always disagree and get angry, but she always seemed fine the next day.

The night seemed to have gone by pretty fast and it was already past midnight which also meant closing time.

"Haera ppali-ah" Kris nagged as he and the rest of the boys were waiting for Haera.

"I'm here" she walked out after getting changed as Kris then locked up the café before they all started walking together.

They all reached Haera's apartment first and bid her goodbye before the boys left to their apartment. Haera sighed as she tiredly made her way inside the room before plopping herself onto the bed.

"I'm lucky to have them" She mumbled tiredly as she instantly fell asleep into a warm deep slumber.

Haera might always have thought there was nothing more but an endless page repeating itself every day. Not until she will realise what those boys had really planned for her.

 

_____________________________________________________________

Author Note:

Hope you liked the first chapter : D
It might have been a tad boring but this is only the beginning, like a preview of her life