The Anniversary

Three To Tango

His body swayed making swift and fluid movements...

He could feel the music intoxicating his brain, flowing through his veins; he loved the feel of this trance...

Dancing was his life, Hankyung never argued on it. It was his passion and thankfully his profession as well. He moved in synch with his group, holding a pose as the sequence came to an end. He smiled, and breathing hard as he listened to his group member's joyful cries. They were into preparation for their next performance.

"That went nicely..good work guys."Eunhyuk, his partner spoke up, addressing everyone. He then gave a high five to Hankyung before calling a wrap up.

Everyone started to disperse saying their byes but Hankyung took some moments to catch up his breathe before it struck to him.

He had to leave as well...

He hurriedly started towards changing room when Eunhyuk stopped him asking something.

"Not now Hyukie, I have to leave."He said already picking up his backpack.

"This early? But I thought we could discuss about the performance...you know making some improvisations here and there. I have some ideas."Eunhyuk said as he followed other.

"I am sorry Hyuk ah, but I really have to hurry today. Tomorrow??"Hankyung said getting to the door.

"Someone has a date..."A teasing sing-song voice made him pause for a moment.

Donghae giggled approaching him.

"Hyung...so where is he taking you..Let me guess..Some high class restaurant playing jazz? That must be it. Considering his standards he wouldn't settle for less. “The baby faced man went on getting excited on his own.

Hankyung just raised a brow and Eunhyuk was completely lost.

"It's their anniversary, what hyung sixth one? ..Wow.."Donghae filled in his confused boyfriend before turning towards Hankyung once again.

"So? Which one is it French cuisine or authentic Korean one? and did he go all lovey dovey mushy on you? he does that a lot I tell you..."The younger looked persistent but Hankyung didn't had no response other than a small smile.

"I have to go Hae..."He said finally turning to leave, he wished he had an answer.

Donghae stood there with equally puzzled Eunhyuk. Now what was this? He turned towards Eunhyuk for any clue but who was he kidding. His partner was only good at dancing when it came to romance though...then it struck  him like lightning bolt.

"He doesn't remember."He spoke up looking at Chinese man. His suspension was proving to be true as Hankyung turned, looking somewhere between sad and thoughtful.

"He is very busy lately."Hankyung answered shortly as Donghae raised his brow.

"It's o.k. am not going to behave like a cranky girlfriend just because he couldn't remember a date, because I am not one as you can see and..He is busy... working."He stated firmly, reaching for door handle. He said a quick bye to his friends as he dashed outside.

"So are you going to surprise him tonight?"He heard Donghae yell as he made it to his car.

He smiled at younger's persistence and may be they actually think alike.

"Bye fishy..."He yelled back getting into his car, only to hear something like have fun from younger.

It wasn't that bad he thought. It was not necessary for him to remember it in his high pressured, extra busy schedule. After all it was just a simple day..a date..a moment...when they first met.

Siwon...

Hankyung didn't know what attracted him to that hunky horse.

Whether it was his handsome face or charming personality or his dimpled smile or just his cocky confidence when he asked him out when they met at a party six years back.

Hankyung still remembered feeling out of place in that high class party where he was working as a waiter. Those were the days when he would do number of odd jobs just to survive, while he chased his dream of becoming a recognized dancer.

In midst of polished people, soft chattering, clinking glasses and muffled laughter...he had seen him...

He still remembered the moment he first laid his eyes on him...

 

He looked like someone who came right out of some movie poster, with his well built, sculptured body which was draped in well tailored suite. It was sound of his laughter which had made Hankyung look up from his champagne tray and their eyes had met briefly. Hankyung stared in those curious hazel eyes for few moments until he remembered his job and moved forward with a small smile.

He then spent that whole night keeping his eye on that intriguing person, while somehow not forgetting his job.

It was later after party got over, and when he was frowning of not to be able to see him again, it had happened.

"When you are busy admiring someone without anyone noticing, you often tend to forget that someone might have same skills."He had flinched so hard after hearing a voice from behind.

"Were you really planning to just leave like that after efforts and time you spent checking me out whole evening?"Hankyung blinked when those hazel eyes bored on him once again, shining bright mischievously.

"I..That is.."His brain suddenly stopped working after being caught like that and he thought he was being cautious...

"Tell me truthfully, were you thinking of stalking me?"Hankyung's eyes widened, was he? No, definitely not .He was not an obsessed ert. Only he couldn't form a sentence to convey his thoughts as other started laughing at him.

"You are cute."The man complimented.

"I am Choi Siwon by the way and I am damn sure you want to know more than just my name.Well, I feel the same. So let's do this...how about dinner tomorrow?"

Hankyung blinked once again, he had never thought someone will have this much effect on him, so much that he couldn't react fast enough. The person in front of him had intrigued him but he had never thought of going on a date with him. Wait, was this person joking?

He stood there looking at other, it certainly didn't feel like other was joking.

"Well? Are you looking for an answer? I can give a clue..yes.. ok.That's what you should say."Siwon said giving a cocky smile.

And Hankyung had indeed said yes or he had just nodded in daze may be...and the rest was history as they say.

They were different in many aspects...he was practically a street dancer when they had first met and Siwon was actually the heir of one the biggest business empire in Korea.His one room apartment which he shared with two more people was nothing in front of Siwon's home, well it was a mansion actually.

He was a person who enjoyed dumplings at a street restaurant with cheap soju while Siwon talked about wines and cuisines whose name Hankyung couldn't even pronounce.

Everything about Siwon was so poised. He was polished and had an aura of a dignified prince. The way he spoke, acted even ate had a smooth elegance.

In their initial days Hankyung has spent hours fretting on these vast differences. But Siwon bridged those differences slowly and steadily making Hankyung fall in love with him a little bit more each time and it has already been six years now.

Of course there were many setbacks, his own struggle and stress and depression following it, Siwon's family problems after he had fall out with his father because of their relationship.

That had actually scared Hankyung. Siwon was a good son and loved his parents and that’s why, when he had to make a choice between them and this relationship, Hankyung was petrified it won't be him.

But Siwon never left his side, which resulted in him leaving everything behind...family, home, money...

That was a big blow for him but then Hankyung had made sure he could give all the support and love to other and they decided to grow strong together. Siwon struggled to start something on his own and Hankyung worked hard to get every chance to improve and display his talent and skill.

Slowly his efforts paid off, he was doing small performances a little choreography work and mainly theaters..Dance musicals and stuff where he had met Eunhyuk, someone equally or more talented and inspired than him. They had started their own academy almost an year back now and it was more than he had hoped for.

Siwon was still in process of setting up his own business, which kept him immensely busy.

It was true that they didn't get much time to be with each other, Hankyung could feel it more nowadays as his career was somewhat established now and he had a moment to breathe and look at their relationship closely.

The love was still there he could feel it whatever small bits he would spend with Siwon. But there was obvious lack of communication. Hankyung didn't know when it started, maybe he was too busy  to notice but at some time he realized he had no idea about what was going on in Siwon's mind. At first they used to discuss every little thing no matter what it was and now their relationship had become a routine, it was like staying with any other roommate save the few moments of love. It was like if the all the 'love you's' they said to each other had become just a practice...just some words.

Hankyung knew it was a problem faced by many couples in a long relationship something called stuck in limbo?

He didn't know what it was but he knew it could be solved by giving just some more time and attention to Siwon. Whatever he had planned for their special evening was his effort to do the same.

He smiled thinking how Siwon's face would look like when he would surprise him. He had cooked a simple dinner and had chose Siwon's favorite wine.

He hummed happily as he set the candle stand on the table looking happy with table he had set.

With every other thing done he gave some attention to himself and had chosen to wear his tuxedo. He was full set to give a classy restaurant feeling to Siwon with Jazz playing softly at background.

All prepared he  sat down waiting for his date to come home which should be any time now considering Siwon's reply. He had made sure to sound normal when he had called other, not giving away his plan.

It was exciting but unnerving he concluded, as he sat looking at the clock ticking away; thinking  this date and the time they would spend together. A nice conversation was all on his mind along with may be some other things which made him smile even more.

But as the time passed and the food grew colder and Jazz CD replayed itself for the third time his excitement had ceased to be replaced with disappointment.

It was no use calling other as his calls were going on voice mails, there was no need to leave a message as well because their special day had already ended.

He felt like a sulking housewife for a moment as he got up to stop the annoying music. He never really liked  Jazz that much.

He was in middle of cleaning the table when door clicked open, announcing Siwon's entry.

He didn't bother to greet other as he proceeded to clean the table.

"I am sorry, there was an urgent call from one of the client and I lost all track of time."Siwon talked before he came and sprawled on couch with a groan.

Hankyung didn't respond as he packed the food in boxes, but when another groan came from Siwon he couldn't stop himself.

"Are you ok? Did you eat anything? "He asked coming closer to other who had now nearly lied down on couch looking more than exhausted.

"Not much...but I feel my head is going to split in half."Siwon replied closing his eyes.

"I told you never to skip meals. How is your body going to withstand all that stress if you don't eat properly."Hankyung scolded other sitting next to him.

Siwon gave a small chuckle. before shifting and resting his head on other's shoulder

"Yes, umma."Younger said , before sighing contently when Hankyumg wrapped his hand around him.

"Eat something first so I can give you medicine."Hankyung said gently caressing other.

"I am not hungry. I just want to sleep. Was it a good day today for you?"came Siwon's muffled voice as he buried himself more into the embrace.

Hankyung sighed was it? Should he tell other how much he prepared for today and how disappointed he was?

"It was ok I guess. “he answered finally, thinking it wasn't the best time to complain about those things. He felt Siwon nodding faintly, younger one was on verge of falling asleep.

"It was our anniversary today..umm..the first day we met. It’s already been six years now. Happy anniversary. .well belated actually."He chuckled softly, yes he was a little bit angry but he still he was thankful for this moment when he could be with other and he wanted to share the feeling.

He felt Siwon sigh once again but no other reaction came so his boyfriend had fallen asleep when he wished him.

Hankyung chuckled sadly, holding other closer to him. He wasn't even angry now, just disturbed thinking where their relationship was going.

He still loved the man he was holding and he knew he was loved back, but mere this was not enough in relationship. He wanted them to go back when they had more time for each other and talked about every second spent. When they didn't have to do guesswork of what other might be thinking.

He didn't like the feeling like a gap is developing in their relationship and growing big every second passed...and he was afraid what will happen if it is not taken care of…



Ok..I have never really tried writing SiHan..but please bear with me :)

Do let me know your views ,Thanks.