The Red Thread of Fate

Lullaby Games

This magical string can twist, tangle, or stretch, but the ‘bond’ will never break.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances.

Lee Howon knew better than to believe a stupid story like this. A magical string? Connecting people who are destined to be lovers? Bonds never breaking? Pfffft, please. As if, something like that was real.

Lee Sungjong, as well, didn't believe in those kinds of things. Although, he made sure to keep an open mind for whatever outcome may happen.

"Yaaah, Sungjong, you're so stupid."

The person whirled around in his chair and turned to look at the male standing behind him, with a smirk smeared across his lips.

Sungjong rolled his eyes at the smirking person, as he took a seat down.

"What are you doing here, Hoya?"

The said person raised his hands in defense.

"Just thought, I'd say hello. And here I am not wanted. Also, I find you reading some stupid love book? Do you seriously believe in that crap?"

"It's not crap. Stupid, maybe. But you know, you have to keep an open mind about these kinds of things. Who knows, Hoya, maybe someone who falls for you might be your soulmate. Although, with ... your looks and personality, I highly doubt that. Am I right?"

Hoya glared at Sungjong, but the younger kept his head held high and smirked back at him.

"You got jokes now, huh?"

Sungjong rolled his eyes and flicked Hoya's forehead.

"I'm leaving now."

Hoya watched as he left, swaying his little tushy. Hoya laughed at the sight.

The next time Hoya and Sungjong met was after detention together. For different reasons, of course.

Sungjong was late to class, while Hoya skipped his other detention.

"I can't believe I got a detention!"

He huffed and fell into his seat dramatically.

Hoya continued his sweeping, and ignored the whining teen.

He went to sweep under Sungjong's legs and he lifted them up, before putting them down.

"Can you believe that? Me?! Detention! I'm going to get into soooo much trouble. I can see it now. Young, gorgeous, beautiful, and y teen dies from parents yelling at him. Oh god."

Hoya furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance and almost snapped, but he calmly held it in and walked over to Sungjong.

"Shut up."

Sungjong blinked innocently.

"Make me~"

Sungjong loved making Hoya angry. The two got along.... somewhat fine, but sometimes it got bad. Such as right now.

"You seriously asked for it."

...

Hoya grabbed Sungjong's face and kissed him entirely on the lips. His chest was thumping hard and he froze. Hoya kissing him and it wasn't even just a peck, it was a long kiss.

Hoya finally pulled away, smirking like an and left Sungjong as a stammering and blushing mess.

Sungjong coughed into his fist and recovered from his blushing state and glare at Hoya.

"You don't go around kissing people."

Hoya shrugged his shoulders in an i-don't-know manner, earning him a flick to the forehead and a stomp to the foot.

-

Sungjong was at his locker getting his books. He placed in it his binder which he didn't need and grabbed 2 textbooks from the bottom of the locker. He closed the locker door and almost had a heart attack when Hoya was standing next to him with a slight smile.

"Uggggh, you scared me."

Hoya apologized.

"Sorry."

Sungjong walked away, but he kept following.

"Why are you following me?"

"I just wanted to apologize."

"For?"

"For yesterday. Kissing you was wrong... even though it felt so right."

Sungjong stopped dead in his tracks. Did he hear that correctly?

"What was that?"

"I said... even though it felt so right."

Hoya grabbed Sungjong's wrists and pinned them above his head and pushed him against the lockers.

"Can I tell you a secret, Sungjong?"

Sungjong was slightly scared, he gulped when he noticed Hoya in close-quarters. All he could do was nod.

"I think... I'm in love with you... I'm also pretty sure that we're soulmates."

Hoya grabbed Sungjong's hand and placed above his heart. He could feel the thumping against his hand.

"That's my heart and it's beating faster everytime you're near. I can't think straight when you're around. I really don't know."

Sungjong couldn't think straight. Was this really happening to him?

Hoya smiled.

"It is happening."

He leaned in towards the younger and kissed him. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against Sungjong's. Just staring into his eyes.

"What's your answer, Sungjong...?"

Sungjong couldn't help but get lost in Hoya's eyes.

"Yes..."

Hoya smiled.

"That's the answer I wanted to hear."

"You're conceited! Aish!"

Sungjong stomped on Hoya's foot and walked away.

"Owww, Sungjong! See that's why we're meant to be~"

"No no no, I change my mind! We're not soulmates, leave me alone!"

Hoya hugged Sungjong from behind, lifted him, and spun him around.

"Nope, too bad. You're mine and I'm yours. We are soulmates whether you like it or not."

Hoya smiled and Sungjong just blushed.

"Aigoo.... You're embarrassing."

"Yeah, well we compliment each other, though. Like day and night. Or Yin and Yang. Forks and spoons~"

Sungjong just shook his head, amused at Hoya's connections.

"Can we go now?"

Sungjong grabbed Hoya's hand and dragged him away. Hoya looked at their intertwined hands, he didn't miss the red thread that was tied from Sungjong's pinkie to his own.


Hahaha, how was this oneshot everybody? :P