A Day Without Kyungsoo

Dedication

  "What's up with him?"

  "Jongin? Oh, he's sulking."

  "What for?" Junmyeon asked, confused at how the usually-cheerful Jongin was acting.

  "Oh, 'cause Kyungsoo hyung couldn't make it for our flight. He's only flying in to Singapore tomorrow."

  "But Yi Xing's only flying in tomorrow too."

  "Oh Hyung," Sehun sighed, patting Junmyeon's shoulder. "This is Jongin we're talking about. He only cares about Kyungsoo hyung, and Kyungsoo hyung only."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  Jongin grouched silently on the way to soundcheck. Because Kyungsoo and Yi Xing were only flying in tomorrow and thus not spending the night, he was forced to room with Junmyeon and Zi Tao. There was nothing wrong with rooming with his hyungs but Junmyeon wakes up early and has a penchant for waking up his roommates at the same time. Jongin would only be granted a few more precious minutes at most with Junmyeon as his roommate.

  And Zi Tao. Zi Tao did not have any annoying habits, but he always kept his Wushu stick nearby, to whack anybody who disturbed him. Junmyeon would probably guilt-trip him into waking Zi Tao while he went to wake the others, and Jongin would be on the receiving end of his Wushu stick.

  And now with no Kyungsoo around as a consolation to heal his wounded pride, Jongin just felt like throwing a tantrum. But tantrums were for Sehun, and Kyungsoo didn't like it when he threw annoying kiddy tantrums.

  So Jongin was forced to sulk.

  But the worst part of the matter was that Kyungsoo wouldn't be around at night. Jongin had wanted to take Kyungsoo out for dinner at the Singapore Flyer (a smaller version of the London Eye), enjoy the suburban night view, before retiring back to their room in their hotel to cuddle and sleep.

  Kyungsoo had destroyed all his romantic plans in less than five minutes.

  "Jongin-ah, I'm sorry, but some last minute filming for 'That's Okay, It's Love' cropped up, and..."

  Jongin had tuned out everything after that. Sure, he was disappointed, but he knew Kyungsoo felt just as bad. So as a way to ease his Hyung's mind a little, he smiled and told Kyungsoo: "Hyung, it's fine."

  Which led him to his current predicament.

  He could see Chanyeol and Lu Han sending him pitying looks and he scowled. It was all right for them, as Baekhyun and Sehun were never busy and were always up for cuddling with their boyfriends. Kyungsoo meanwhile, had been filming his debut movie, and preparing for it. After Cart had been his drama. All in all, Jongin hardly cuddled with Kyungsoo at night anymore. Furthermore, Singapore was a significant country in their relationship, as it had been where they had celebrated their second anniversary. Now Jongin was going to spend their one night in Singapore cold, alone and cuddleless.

  Soundcheck went badly for Jongin that day. With the knowledge of how his night was going to turn out, he turned surlier, his dance moves weren't as sharp, and he missed the timing for all his lines. Jongin could see that Manager Hyung looked ready to throw a chair at him, yet a quick whisper from Minseok had him calming down.

  Break time was just as bad. Jongin ignored all of the Beagle Line's attempts to joke around. He just remained grumpy in his little corner. Junmyeon loked on in worry as he saw Jongin crankily grab a water bottle from Jongdae. He would have to do something about it.

  Dinner came and went. Jongin didn't even want to leave the hotel room. Despite Minseok and Lu Han's patient cajolings, Jongin ignored them. Sehun finally cracked and came to drag his hyungs away, mumbling something along the lines of "Spoilt brat Jongin".

  As Jongin unpacked his bag to take a shower, his eyes fell on a stuffed Pororo doll with a sticky note attached to it. He gasped, and dropped everything he was holding just to pick up the doll. It had been a gift to Kyungsoo a year ago for his birthday, and the last Jongin knew, the doll had been in Kyungsoo's posession.

  "Hi Jonginnie! I'm so sorry I can't fly over with you, so I'm lending Pororo to you to keep you company. Knowing you, you're just about really grumpy right now. So whenever you miss me, just give Pororo a cuddle. I'll be over as soon as I can Jonginnie, love you! ^^ "

  Jongin couldn't help but aww at his hyung's adorableness, feeling much better instantly.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  Junmyeon took a wary peek into the room, and was relieved to see a sleeping Jongin asleep on his bed, snuggling as much as he could into a stuffed Pororo doll. However, Junmyeon didn't fail to notice the slightly puffy eyes that Jongin bore, nor did the tiny tear tracks on Jongin's face escape his sight. As Junmyeon looked on, Jongin turned a little in his sleep, and a tiny broken-hearted mumble of "Hyung, Jongin loves you" could be heard.

  The sight too much for him to bear, Junmyeon left the room and went in search of the nearest private area he could find. Once there, he took out his phone and dialed a number, praying that the person on the other line would pick up. He breathed a sigh of relief as a "Yeoboseyo?" was heard.

  "Hey..."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  By the time Yi Xing arrived the next morning, Jongin's mood had improved slightly. Giving a curt nod of recognition to his fellow dancer, he resumed sliding fluidly into the next move for his solo. Yi Xing just took a quick scan around the vicinity and understood the reason behind Jongin's standoffish-ness.

  Jongin gritted his teeth as he danced. A few more hours. Just a few ,ore hours until he could finally see his beloved Kyungsoo hyung again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  Jongin awoke to the feeling of a very familiar pair of hands threading through his hair. He had been taking a small nap in a corner backstage after their first soundcheck. Junmyeon, like he had predicted, had woken him and Zi Tao up at the crack of dawn, nittering in their ear about getting some Roti Prata (an Indian-style pancake) and going to see the Merlion (a statue. Half-lion and half-fish). Junmyeon had dragged everyone around, and by the time lunchtime had rolled in, Jongin was drained. He had eventually slumped into a corner and started to take a nap.

  But those fingers...they were the fingers that sifted through his hair whenever he managed to stay the morning.

  It couldn't be...

  Jongin's eyes shot open, and there he was, as large as life.

  Do Kyungsoo had arrived.

  He was chatting with Chanyeol about the previous day's soundcheck, fingers still playing with Jongin's hair.

  "That kid was whining for you the whole of yesterday. Really grouchy too." a new voice added in.

  ("Jongdae." Jongin growled silently.)

  "Aww, really? He's too cute really." Kyungsoo cooed and Jongin quickly shut his eyes. In his mind, he could imagine Kyungsoo breaking out into his heart-shaped smile.

  Jongin cooed inwardly too. Judging by his current surroundings, he was lying down, his head resting on something soft and seemingly familiar. A light bulb went off in his head as he realized that he had been using Kyungsoo's thighs as a pillow.

  Jongin stayed in that same position for a while, enjoying Kyungsoo's light and gentle touches and hearing his hyung's voice. He missed this so much. Once upon a time, that was what he used to wake up to. Now with Kyungsoo's new venture, he missed all the skinship they used to have. Experiencing Kyungsoo's magical touches made him recall.

  And Jongin made up his mind.

  He suddenly sat up, causing Kyungsoo to let out a sqeak of shock. As fast as lightning, he pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's lips, missing them greatly.

  When they finally separated, he noted Kyungsoo's heavily flushed face. He himself probably didn't look any better.

  "Hey Hyung."

  "Jongin what are you-mmph."

  Unfortunately, Kyungsoo couldn't finish his sentence as Jongin attacked his lips once again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

  Jongin clung onto Kyungsoo like a puppy for a whole day.

  Things only got better from there, as Jongin showered Kyungsoo with his love for every possible minute. The other members were visibly more relaxed, as a loving Jongin was a happy Jongin. During  the concert, Jongin wouldn't leave Kyungsoo far away, always reattaching himself after a while. During 'Angel', Kyungsoo boarded the float on the right while Jongin boarded the left one. Jongin made sure to wave to everyone, including his boyfriend. During 'Peter Pan', Jongin boarded the left float again, and snuck not-so-subtle glances to down below, where Kyungsoo was singing.

  In fact, Jongin was in such a good mood that he even did the Ice Bucket Challenge with Baekhyun happily.

  (Though getting splashed with ice and cold water was a whole different story.)

  All in all, it soon came to an end and a slightly damp Jongin could be found snuggling into Kyungsoo aboard the van. He however, was still slightly upset that he wouldn't be able to carry out any of his romantic plans with Kyungsoo.

  Suddenly the van stopped.

  Jongin blinked. The journey to the hotel wasn't that quick.

  He felt Kyungsoo's hand tugging his.

  "C'mon."

  "Wh-where are we going?"

  "Just follow me."

  Jongin's mouth dropped open as Kyungsoo pulled him over to the Singapore Flyer.

  "H-Hyung, what are we-"

  Kyungsoo sighed, turning back to Jongin.

  "Look Jonginnie, I knew you wanted to reminisce the city with me, but I was too busy. So I got Junmyeon Hyung to talk to Manager Hyung for me. We'll be having dinner here, in the Singapore Flyer. I'm sorry we can't cuddle in the hotel, but I promise, I'l cuddle with you on the plane ride back."

  "What about our luggage?"

  "Sehunnie is taking care of those as we speak. It's also giving him some alone time with Lu Han."

  Jongin was speechless.

  "Jonginnie, are you all right?" Kyungsoo asked worriedly. "I'm really sorry for not being able to spend more time, I'm a horrible boyfriend! But I swear-"

  Kyungsoo was cut off again for the billionth time that day by Jongin's lips.

  "Has anybody ever told you," Jongin whispered as his lips left Kyungsoo, his forehead resting and pressed against the shorter's. "That you are perfect?"

  Kyungsoo smiled.

  "One special guy in particular. Come on, we only have a couple of hours, and I intend to spend every single minute of it with my boyfriend."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  Junmyeon chuckled as he looked at the photos Kyungsoo sent him of him and Jongin dining in the Singapore Flyer. Truthfully, he ought to ask Manager Hyung for a raise. He does not get paid enough to help out his band mates.