Taxi

Delicious Cookies

Taxi

 

[Kristine's POV]

I rolled my purple luggage through the airport in high spirits, excited to surprise my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary. I was in the airport in Korea, trying to find my way to the exit so I could find a taxi and quickly head to Jin Ho's work building.

I was so excited that I didn't even notice a taxi parked right in front of me until it was about to drive away. I quickly waved it down, making it stop. I opened the door and threw my luggage in, hitting something hard. I turned to come face-to-face with a gorgeous smooth face that belonged to a male with deep brown eyes and dark short hair.

He grabbed ahold of my luggage that was now in his lap and smiled, then saying something in Korean. I blinked at him in comfusion, not sure what to make of the situation.

He looked at me, noticing I didn't understand him, making him chuckle. "Where you headed?" He asked in fluent English. I almost died as I heard his accent that draped tightly to each word he said.

I shrugged and shook my head, having to remind myself I was in a good relationship with a man who loved me. "I'm not sure where this is..." I lifted my brochure of my boyfriend's office building, giving the handsome stranger a confused look. He rested a hand at his chin as he nodded.

He then turned to the taxi driver, saying something in Korean. I was nervous, having to trust where my whereabouts would be to a stranger I never met until about 3minutes ago. I just shrugged off my concerns, excitement taking the uneasy feeling I had in my stomach.

I looked out my window, rain staining the window like teardrops as we crossed a big bridge, of what I was guessing, the Han River. Even though the weather was lousy, I couldn't help but feel happiness and anxiousness swell up my being. I hadn't seen Jin Ho in over 2 months, and I missed him very much.

The chains of letters that we used to constantly send to one another, something I liked more than e-mailing for sentimental value, had turned to be more scarce. We had turned from almost 3letters a week to once every other week. I could feel our relationship weaken as his phonecalls also almost met a complete taboo in my household.

But as I sat in the back of a taxi driving across downtown Seoul, with a complete stranger beside me, holding my luggage, I really couldn't be any happier.

I then eyed the stranger next to me who had headphones plugged into each ear, wondering to myself if I should start a conversation with him or not. I coughed, breaking the silence awkwardly, getting his attention. He turned to me with questioning eyes.

"So..." I started trying to act as cooly as possible, "What's you're name?"

A smile took over his features as he nodded, understanding my question, making me relieved that he also understood. I mean, think about the emberassment and a disaster it would've been if he DIDN'T understand, I'd seem like some crazy English-speaking-Korean-Wannabe.

"L. Joe, yours?" His accent still hugged each of his words, making me feel my heart flutter. It was too cute.

"K-Kristine," I stuttered as his smiling eyes locked with my eyes. I blushed as I noticed how deep his eyes really were.

"Kristine, why're you heading that far into Seoul, if you don't mind me asking?" He asked, looking at the brochure in my hands.

I smiled, scratching my wrist lightly, a habit of mine, and answered," My boyfriend works there.." His smile faded, but then came back, looking forced as he nodded.

"Lucky man," He simply stated before the taxi stopped. "We're here."

I looked at L. Joe, his features holding a form of regret, but he smiled, opening his door, taking my luggage with him. I blinked after him as I stepped out of the taxi to follow the taller male who rolled my bag bahind him as if it belonged to him, rain drizzling ontop of us.

Rain, something I really didn't care for, hit my skin as I chased the taller male, making me cold. I soon caught up to L. Joe, giving him a glare, "Why're you here?"

He kept his eyes straight ahead as he simply responded," You need my help to get around, Kristine." My eyebrows furrowed together as I thought about what he said.

He was right, there was no way that I would be able to last a single hour out here and find Jin Ho's office without at least a million errors and misunderstandings in my Korean and direction.

I nodded as I followed behind him, but then looked beside me, a resteraunt catching my attention.

I peared inside, it looked pretty expensive. I looked up at the sign, Yohi's Place. I smiled, recognizing the name of the resteraunt. Jin Ho reffered to this resteraunt as one of the best ones he'd been to in Seoul in his letters and phonecalls, always commenting on how good their fish and meat were.

I looked into the window, squinting my eyes as I then caught sight of a familiar face. I studied the face closer, finally recognizing it as Jin Ho's. He had a black suit, a red button up shirt beneath his coat, a smile painted on his lips as he carried a conversation... with a woman?

I glared into the glass as I saw him chatting away with the woman, holding her hand in his, making my blood boil. I could feel my eyes widen and almost pop out of their sockets as I saw Jin Ho, my boyfriend of 2years, lean in and kiss a Korean woman with dark curly hair.

I stood, frozen at my place in front of the glass window, tears threatening to roll down my cheeks as rain continued to fall and drench me, blending with my tears.

"Are you okay?" L. Joe asked beside me, "Did you find him?" He asked, leaning into the window, expecting to recognize a face he'd never seen before.

I nodded, sniffing and wiping my tears with the sleeve of my jacket, "I-I'm fine. Let's go."

He blinked at me as I walked past him and down the street aimlessly.