Part Five (I Love You, Too)

Tough Love

After seconds of letting Kris & Chanyeol have their moment; the rest of the group stood up and hugged the two giants in one group hug.

 

Their manager walked in on them; rudely interrupting.

"I'm sorry to break up this moment; but Soo Man wants to speak to Chanyeol, right now."

 

Chanyeol's head dropped. He waved goodbye to the group; wondering if he actually would be able to see them again.

 

---

 

"You do realize that we through hell and back to try to get this episode not to air, right?" Soo Man threatened.

Chanyeol couldn't look him in the eyes; he stared at his lap, "I'm really sorry. I will accept every punishment you want to give me; even if that means leaving the group."

Soo Man shook his head in disbelief, "We all had trust in you for letting you join that show; I can't believe you let your little feelings for one girl ruin your whole career."

"Look, I said I'm sorry." Chanyeol spoke up, "You're human and you should know that it's so fcking hard to try to be a fake person."

"Yah!" Soo Man smacked him across the face, "Don't you dare speak to me like that."

Chanyeol bit back the tears; touching his face, "I'm gonna be leaving the company anyways."

 

---

 

"Hey guys! Roommate's playing in a minute." Min Woo went around the house, calling everyone out of their rooms so they could all watch together.

Nana peaked her head out; out of all the roommate's, she was the most anxious to watch; especially because everyone said that something important was going to be revealed.

 

Dong Wook took a quick look at Nana, who was paying attention to the show closely.

It's coming up. he thought to himself as he saw Kang Jun walked through the front door on the screen.

 

Nana held the pillow in her arms even closer; her main focus was on Chanyeol who was coming down the stairs.

And that's when everything started to hit her all at once.

Chanyeol was defending her when she didn't even know. He was the shoulder for her to cry on through the times she needed the most. He was the one that never left her side no matter how hard it was for her.

 

"How did I not realize this before?" Nana began to tear up; Sora taking her in her arms.

Sora rubbed her back, "We as humans get blinded by what's in front of us and don't see who's truly beside us."

Nana covered her face in shame, "I'm the reason Chanyeol is not in the show anymore. I'm the reason his career is ruined."

 

---

 

It's been one week since the episode of Chanyeol's outburst was shown on TV; also been a week since Chanyeol has met up with anyone in EXO, except for Kris, who risked every single moment just to see his best friend.

 

"How are you doing?" Kris asked him; looking around the small apartment he was thankful to afford.

 

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, "Life could definitely be better. I don't have cable here so I can't really do much except eat and sleep; and listen to the music on my phone."

Kris looked at his friend; who seemed to reach a hopeless state, "Have you been reading the Roommate forums?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "That's what I've been avoiding. I don't even wanna see what people have been saying; I doubt I'm ready."

Kris smiled at him, "I think you'd be quite pleased to see what a lot of people are saying; you're actually getting a lot of praise."

"Praise? For what?" Chanyeol wondered.

"For being so brave and straight up about your feelings. I guess a lot of fans actually shipped you & Nana and have been waiting for you to say something about it." Kris told him, "But, lots of fans want you back as well."

 

Chanyeol couldn't help but smile at hearing what his friend told him.

Although his brave act got him kicked out of EXO and Roommate, it proved that honesty really was the best policy.

 

---

 

"Where are you going?" Soohyun woke up to Nana doing her makeup.

Nana looked at her from the mirror, "I'm going to the SM building today."

"Bwoh?" Soohyun sat up, "Are you sure about that?"

"Unnie," Nana turned around, "Chanyeol got kicked out for the wrong reasons and people have been begging to hear my side of the story."

"Well what are you going to say?" Soohyun narrowed her eyes, wondering.

Nana pursed her lips, "Throughout this past week without Chanyeol in the house; I've realized so many things. In this house, I'm absolutely nothing without Chanyeol. He gave me strength through my hardest times and I was too blinded by Kang Jun to realize someone was more worthy of my feelings. I'm not saying I'm in love with Chanyeol just yet, but my feelings for him are there; and I won't be able to live with myself if he's off somewhere else suffering because of me."

Soohyun got out of bed, hugging Nana with everything she had; "You're such a brave girl Im Jinah."

 

---

 

Nana approached the SM building; taking a deep breath, she was preparing herself for hate and everything.

The front of the building was crowded by EXO fans who demanded Chanyeol to be put back into EXO; or fans who were simply just there to see any of the EXO members come out.

 

Nana took her hood and covered her face; sneaking her way through the back entrance, she was finally in the building.

 

"I'm surprised that worked." Nana mumbled.

 

"Yeah, me too."

 

Nana abruptly turned around upon hearing someone behind her; it was as if she was about to have a heart attack.

"Lay, oh my God."

Lay scratched the back of his neck; grabbing her wrist and pulling her into a random room, "You can't be seen here."

Nana released her wrist from his grip, "I'm sorry, but I'm doing what's right." she turned around, heading for Soo Man's room.

He grabbed her again, "It may be right, but the outcome is not gonna be what you want."

"What do you mean?" Nana wondered.

Lay sighed, "If you're here to bring Chanyeol back into EXO; it isn't gonna happen. Because it was Chanyeol himself who told Soo Man he wanted to leave."

"What, why would he do that? He loves performing." Nana couldn't wrap her mind around it.

Lay gave her a soft smile, "He did it because he loves you even more."

 

After hearing the word "love" come out of Lay, Nana just wanted to tear up.

Lay leaned forward and gave her a tight hug; "Don't cry Nana, it's not your fault. Chanyeol just felt that it was wrong to live in a complete lie; he wanted to be free and far away from all of this."

"Where is he now?" Nana asked.

Lay pulled away from the hug; "He's living in a small apartment in Seoul. I can call Kris and he can take you; because we're actually not supposed to be keeping contact with him. But you know, Kris & Chanyeol are basically attached to each other."

Nana wiped her face, forcing a smile; "I need to see Chanyeol."

 

---

 

Kris took a quick glance at Nana, who fiddled with her thumbs in the passenger seat; "You look nervous."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Nana asked, looking back at him; "This is all my fault."

Kris reached out and grabbed her hand; squeezing it tight, "If there's anyone to blame; it's our company Jinah."

Nana let out a soft smile; appreciating Kris's soothing words.

 

Aside from Chanyeol, Kris played a huge role in Nana's life. They were like brother and sister who bickered everyday; but were always there for each other at the end of the day. Nana couldn't be anymore thankful to have him in her and Chanyeol's life.

 

"Do you think he'll even want to see me?" Nana wondered.

Kris sighed, "I swore to him I wouldn't tell you where he was; but I'm willing to do this because you make him happier than anyone else."

Nana bit her bottom lip, "I can't believe I never realized how much Chanyeol really did mean to me. I never knew him leaving Roommate and EXO would hurt me this much. I'm going through sleepless nights, hate comments, and some supportive ones that help push me to the next day."

Kris made a left turn, "You know what the most important thing is though?"

"What?"

He paused before speaking, "It's how you and Chanyeol feel for each other. I think that's what people forget; love is supposed to be selfless, but that doesn't mean it can't be selfish as well. Chanyeol tried so hard to hide his feelings for you for the longest time; and how was his life doing so? Like hell. But when he had his outburst at Kang Jun & Soo Man, I swear I've never seen someone so free and happy before. He chose to be happy over being fake; and I wish I was strong enough to do the same as well."

 

---

 

"We've arrived." Kris parked the car in front of what seemed to be an old, small, but still stable apartment.

Nana peaked her head out the window; "He lives alone?"

Kris nodded his head, "The only people who know where he lives now are his parents, me, and now you too."

She took a deep breath, stepping out of the car.

"Do you want me to come with you or stay out here?" Kris asked.

Nana shook her head, "This is something I should've done a long, long time ago. By myself."

Kris nodded his head, giving her a quick thumbs up; "He'll be happy to see you, I promise."

 

Let's hope so. Nana took a deep breath, walking into the building as careful as possible.

"Room 12.." Nana looked at the door, hesitant to knock; "What was the point of driving here if I'm not gonna do it?" she closed her eyes, knocking on the door.

 

"Coming!"

 

Nana knew that deep, husky voice anywhere.

 

Chanyeol finally came and opened the door; nearly freezing up when he saw who was standing in front of him.

"Nana?" Chanyeol looked around to see if she was alone, "How did you know where to find me?"

She looked up at him with serious eyes, "It doesn't matter. I just wanted to know you're doing okay.."

Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck, wondering whether or not it would be right for her to enter his apartment; "I guess you can come in.. it's kind of messy though."

Nana stepped in; and yes, it was pretty messy. But nothing that really surprised her; Chanyeol was never really a spotless person.

 

"Did you want something to eat? To drink? Maybe a-" Chanyeol offered, only to get cut off.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Nana asked him.

Chanyeol took a breath, "Tell you what?"

Nana looked him back in the eyes; only wanting the truth out of him, "Why you left, your feelings for me, everything."

"None of that really matters." Chanyeol tried to cover himself up with a nervous laugh, "I kinda figured my feelings were only one-sided anyways."

 

Chanyeol debated on whether or not he was going to try and deny everything; but he just assumed that she saw the episode of him confessing, so he found it useless to lie.

 

"There is never a time where feelings don't matter." Nana told him, "Chanyeol, you are one of the greatest guys I've ever met. You were there for me when I needed it the most; especially when it came to Kang Jun. I was able to trust you and lean on you when things got hard. You made me believe that maybe I'm not the bad person every claims I am. You taught me to start loving myself more than I love other people."

Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck again, "Those are just basic things."

"No they're not!" Nana found herself raising her voice, frustrated by the fact that he was still trying to be a nice guy; "It's not everyday that someone comes to me and tells me that I'm worth it. It's not everyday I have someone I can go to and tell every little detail of my life to without being judged. I can't even sleep at night not knowing where you are, if you're eating okay. My life is a mess without you Chanyeol."

Chanyeol saw the glint of tears in her eyes; he took out a handkerchief and handed it to her without saying a word.

"I hate being the reason you're not in EXO anymore, I hate being the reason you're not in Roommate anymore. I hate being the reason for that fact that you suffered so much and now you're living here by yourself." Nana spoke through broken words, "After watching you confess to Sung Woo what you truly felt, that's when I realized I was the stupid one. I never realized how much you truly took care of me until after you left. You've made such a huge impact in my life Chanyeol, that I don't think I can deal with you being gone anymore. I, I love you."

 

Chanyeol's eyes widened at her sudden confession; "You-you love me?"

Nana wiped her face, smiling at him, "Yes you talented, adorable, giant Park Chanyeol; I sound so desperate being the girl and confessing to you first. But I love you, and I can't believe it took me so long to realize this."

He closed the gap between their bodies and lifted her up in a tight hug.

Nana laughed, hitting his back various times for him to let her down; and when he did, she wrapped her arms around his neck; his hands doing the same around her waist.

"I'm willing to risk everything to be with you. I want a taste of what real happiness is; and I know I can only get that with you." Nana told him, looking deeply into his eyes.

 

Chanyeol couldn't even begin to explain how fast his heart was beating, how big his smile was becoming, and most of all; how amazing it felt to be told that the person that you loved, loved you back.

He caressed her cheek with his right hand; slowly leaning down to close the space between them.

Nana knew what was coming up; and she never wanted it to end.

 

When their lips touched; it was as if time had stopped between them.

All those months that Chanyeol spent in jealously was all worth it with that kiss.

All the times Nana thought she was in love with Kang Jun immediatel disappeared; and in that moment, she knew Chanyeol was the one.

 

The one she could trust, the one she could see herself being with for the rest of her life, but most of all; the one she had learned to love and never give up on.

 

It didn't matter that they were idols; they were willing to go through the hate and backlash about their relationship. Because they were going to do it together.

 

People say that love should always be selfless; but sometimes, it can be selfish as well.

When you're in love; you learn to give up things for the sake of the other person. But through the times of doing so, you end up loving the fact that you make the person happy; and that's all you could ever ask for.

You're willing to take risks, open up, and continue a journey that is impossible to describe.

 

I hope everyone out there finds that special person who can sweep you off your feet and lead you to that happily ever after.

And most of the time, that person is already there; you just have to look at who's next to you.

 

 

The end!

I hope you all enjoyed this quick little five-shot.

I really apologize if the story went by pretty fast; this was kind of a little drabble to me because I started to ship them so hard.

I know it's not my best work; but I hope you all liked it anyways.

Please comment, vote up, subscribe, etc!

NO SILENT READERS PLEASE.

I LOVE YOU ALL <3