Wait, who?

Wait? You know me?

EXO was celebrating the last showcase of Lost Planet in Korea. They had all decided to go out for dinner and their manager had promised to pay for everything. Which explained why all the members, as soon as they know, wanted to go to the restaurant as soon as possible. All of them were sure that they had never gotten changed after a concert as fast as now. They were in the car all ready to leave in merely half an hour. At the small restaurant in the center of Soeul, everyone was busy preparing the back room where EXO would be eating. They had gotten a call of the idol's arrival an hour ago. They were ready just in time to see them enter the restaurant. They were lead to the backroom where there was a table set so that they would eat in peace instead of having to worry about someone recognizing them.

Tao was sitting at the corner of the table, he had been quiet ever since the concert. He made a mistake on stage and was kind of still fuzzing about it in his head eventhough everyone told him no one would ever notice it, he wasn't so sure about that. He sighed as he crossed his arms over his chest deeply lost in thoughts, before a very familiar voice pulled him out of it. Though the voice didn't belong to any of the other members, but it belonged to the waitress that was standing at their table to get their order. She had long straight hair that was pulled back into a ponytail though a few strands of her hair were too short and gently fell against the sides of her face, she was rather pale and had a pair of dreamy eyes. All together the girl was gorgeous without it needing any further explanation.

Tao straightened his back before looking up at the girl. Her eyes meeting his and he suddenly remembered "C-Chantal?" He mumbled under his breath, no one else could really hear what he was saying. "Hm?" The girl reacted "Have you already made a decision?" She asked again smiling gently seeming to think it was pretty funny how lost Tao seemed when he snapped out of his thoughts. Her hand moved up to to cover the quiet giggle that escaped .

As soon as she took all the orders she left the table and went to the kitchen to hand them the paper. Everyone of EXO turned to their panda-look a like member. Though as most of the time Baekhyun was the first one to start this talk "What was that about Tao?" He asked leaning his elbows on the table so he could look at the other's face. Tao just shrugged before he hid the bottom half of his face into the scarf that he refused to take off. Though the other members didn't let go that easily. Luhan was the one who kept pushing "Do you know her?". Tao looked at his hyung before sighing "Yeah, so what?" He answered getting somewhat annoyed because they always knew how to make him talk. 

Before EXO could continue, the girl returned with their plates of food. Somehow remembering all their orders she was able to put each plate in front of the right person. She smiled kindly at all of them "Just call for me if you need anything, alright?" She said before turning around to go back to the kitchen. "How can we call you if we don't know your name?" Baekhyun shouted being a smartass. The girl giggled before nodding "Oh right... My name is Chantal" She said before leaving them alone.

EXO ate their meals in peace and quiet without really talking about anything that was important enough to mention ever again. Once they were done their manager paid for all their meals. They all stood up and put on their coats again though they were informed they couldn't go outside through the front entrance, apparently some fans had followed them and were waiting outside screaming and they did not want to deal with that right now. EXO was lead outside by a back entrance, they would have to pass through a small alley to get to their cars but that didn't really matter to them. "Hey uhmmm... Isn't that our waitress? Chantal?" Chanyeol said as they walked through the alley pointing in the direction they were approaching. All the others looked in the same direction.

The girl was standing there with her back against the wall as another figure towered over her. It was obvious this person was a male and it was also obvious that Chantal didn't like one bit of what was happening, but she wasn't strong enough to do anything about it. She was roughly pushed against the wall. Once, twice,... a hand came in contact with her cheek with so much force that it caused her to fall over on her side laying beside the trashcans that were stacked in the alley. "That's where you belong, you stupid li-" 

The figure never continued. All the EXO members were still standing further away in the alley except for one. Tao had made his way over there as soon as he realized what was happening. He wasn't going to let that happen, he had been around Chantal for too long protecting her from everyone and everything to now just stand there and watch. He had knocked the man out in just one move, kicking the side of his head so hard that he flew away a few metres before hitting the ground. Towering over the now crying girl he tried to tell her things would be alright.

"Chantal... Chantal, listen to me... Everything will be fine" He said before pulling the girl to sit up properly with her back against the wall. Her cheek and the outer corner of her eye were bleeding from the hit she had gotten to her cheek. Tao sighed "I leave you alone for a few years and this is what happens" He whispered, causing the girl to look up at him. "Wha- Wait... Huang Zitao?" She asked her voice filling itself with a rare combination of relief and happiness. Tao chuckled nodding before helping her up "Took you long enough, Chantal" He sighed "Come on, let's get you to a doctor" He picked the girl up. The other EXO members had called the police, so the attacker was taken care of.

After Chantal got her wounds taken care of, Tao took her to EXO's dorm. Since Chantal told him that she lived on her own pretty far away from the center of Soeul, he refused to let her go outside on her own since what happened. They were both sitting on his bed, neither of them really knew what to do. They never really had these kind of moments together. The memories they had of each other were filled with playing games and joking around while teasing each other about the smallest things. "So uhmmm..." Chantal started "You're famous now, huh? Is that why you left me alone without saying anything?" Tao just nodded. Chantal sighed "Why?"

"Because it would have been easier for you to be mad at me. I mean, I know you... If I would have actually tried to explain to you that being close to an idol can get you into dangerous situations like fans chasing you and all the hate comments, you would have told me that you would be able to handle it because our friendship is too important" He said, making Chantal chuckle and nod "Alright, you win. That's true". Tao looked at Chantal before poking her nose before moving his hands to her sides, "I always win" He said in a childish voice before he started tickling her. "Ah! T-Tao, stop it" She said between laughing "S-Seriously! Stop it!" She started kicking around and rolling over and anything else she could think of that could get the other off of her.

All this moving and struggling caused both of them to fall off of Tao's bed, still laughing because of their child-like action they didn't realise what position they were in. Chantal was laying on the floor holding Tao's wrists to make sure he couldn't tickle her anymore, Tao was hovering above her as his face was a bit tucked down as he was laughing. Neither of them noticed until Tao looked up and their noses bumped making both of their aware of how close they were. 

Neither of them moved, neither of them wanted to. Feeling each other's breath on their face, being almost close enough to feel each other's heart beat. Now that they were this close they both realized how much they had wanted this. No words were needed. It was like they knew, without having to voice it, they knew. Tao was the one who moved, though he didn't move away. He got even closer, if he could, ghosting his lips over Chantal's softly as if testing her. Testing if she would let him and when she did he pressed his lips harder on hers. Both of them completely drowned in their kiss and they both knew that now Chantal would have to deal with the danger and hate, because she was not letting Tao go again.