love letters

love letters

Jongdae lies on the couch reading his favorite book for the 3rd time, when he hears the leader entering every room in the house to collect the members.

"Family meeting in the living room!" he shouts and Jongdae can hear a bit of excitement in his voice. 

He blinks and sits up slowly on the couch, to make space for his brothers, while he puts his book on his lap and waits. The living room is getting filled with silent murmurs of wonder because it's a Friday evening and they usually have meetings on Sundays. They all squeeze together on the two big couches they have. Jongdae ruffles through Sehun's hair, as a form of greeting, and grins lightly when the younger cuddles closer. Joonmyun stands in the middle of the room with a shoe box in his hands and waits for everyone to stop talking. 

"So what is this all about, hyung?" Baekhyun asks, always being the one who is the most curious. Joonmyun's face shines a bit brighter at the question.

"This." He places the shoe box on the table and crosses his arms. There are letters on top of it, saying 'complaint box'. "I've came up with a great idea to reduce the arguments in our group!"

"What? Wearing the carton on our head as a punishment for starting arguments?" Chanyeol throws in, causing the other members to laugh. Joonmyun looks at him scandalized. 

"No. Why would I- forget it." he shakes his head and sits down on a chair. "You're going to write letters of things that bother you and put them in there! Anonymously of course. And then every Sunday we are going to talk about them. What do you think?"

He looks around. Nobody really says anything, most of them just shrug and Joonmyun visibly deflates. Jongdae already knows what their leader is going to write in this box.

"I think it's a great idea, hyung! Let's all grow stronger together." he says and smiles widely at everyone. Chanyeol nods and pats Tao's back. 

"Are we done?" Kyungsoo asks, looking at Joonmyun with his big round eyes, at which the latter just sighs. 

"Yeah." They all stand up and slowly make their way out of the living room. "Everyone please write something until the day after tomorrow, okay?" Joonmyun calls out, they reply with a silent 'yes'. Jongdae taps the leader on his shoulder before he leaves the room as the last one. 




On the next day Jongdae goes out with Sehun, Jongin and Baekhyun for bubble tea. They all sit on a table outside and Jongdae tilts his head back to look up the stars. 

"So, did anyone of you already wrote something for the box?" Baekhyun grins, leaning back in his chair. Jongdae feels someone's eyes on him and sits up straighter just in time to catch the one. He smiles. 

"You don't have a problem with me Jongin, do you?" he chuckles at his, now wide-eyed, friend.

Baekhyun laughs loudly. "He actually blushed! Aw." Sehun snorts but doesn't comment on it. Jongin shakes his head, shocked. And altough he is honest about it, somehow a guilty expression decorates his face. Jongdae ruffles his hair, because he is so cute.

"I would totally understand it if he wrote something about you, Jongdae." Baekhyun mumbles, slurping his bubble tea. "I mean you always play pranks and things."

"How about you then? Everyone probably wrote you're too loud.", Jongdae fires back and Baekhyun gapes. 

"The loud one is Chanyeol, not me!"

"You keep telling yourself that." Sehun adds nonchalant, while hiding a smile. Baekhyun pokes his side.

"Babies have nothing to say. Drink your milk, Oh Sehun." Sehun sticks out his tongue and slurps his drink extra loud, just to annoy the other one. A tickle-fight starts and Jongdae just sighs. He looks at his right and eyes Jongin from head to toe.

"Are you alright, Jongin?" He seemed to be in thoughts, because he jerks lightly at his words and then looks at Jongdae. He just nods at the question and Jongdae chuckles. Such a silent child. Altough he is the second-youngest in their group and could act all spoiled like the actual youngest, he doesn't. Instead he is well-mannered, shy and always thinks about the others first. Jongdae would never say it out loud, but Jongin is his favorite out of the three youngest. 

"Did you write something in the box already?" the older one asks curiously.

"Not yet." Jongin mumbles after shaking his head again. Jongdae nods and smiles at him warmly. 






Joonmyun sits in his chair again, while the others snuggled against each other on the couch. He opens the box and is happy to spot enough letters in it.

"That's what I'm talking about!" He takes one out, folding it out slowly, looking at the others. "Are you ready?" They all roll their eyes at that and wait for him to read the message out loud. Joonmyun smirks and looks down at the paper again. His mouth opens up in a little gasp.

He turns the letter around before he says: "Baekhyun is too loud." Jongdae and Sehun snort loudly at that while Baekhyun jumps up from the couch to take the letter.

"It was you Jongdae, wasn't it?!" he asks fiercely.

"I swear it wasn't me!" he giggles while holding his stomach, trying to breathe, while Baekhyun tries to identify guess whom the handwriting belongs to. Joonmyun snatches it away from him, before he can and the younger one goes back to the couch, pouting. 

"There is a reason why we're doing this anonymously. So you shouldn't care who wrote it. The fact is, you're loud, so please do something about it, alright?" the leader states, looking at the other one, who just nods in defeat. He smiles satisfied. "Thanks Baekhyun." 

He opens the next one and rolls his eyes, before turning it around. "Zitao please try not to laugh like a girl." Zitao's eyes widen and his expression is so pitiful that Jongdae wants to hug him, so he smiles again. Beside him Sehun tries to hold his laughter.

"What kind problem is that? It's just my laugh? This is not nice. I don't like this game." he calls out offended and crosses his arms. Sehun stands up and goes to him, to sit on his lap. 

"I was just joking." he says and pokes his cheek. The other one doesn't look impressed, so Sehun keeps poking him until he smiles again. It works eventually. Joonmyun sighs, annoyed.

"Is this all I'm going to find in this box now?" he murmurs taking out the next one. He opens it and freezes. Clearing his throat he shows the letter to the rest. 

"I like your laugh, Jongdae." he reads it out and looks at the one who is mentioned. Jongdae doesn't know what to do with this information and just takes the letter while the others are unusually silent.

"Okay, haha. Very funny, Baekhyun." he finally says dryly, looking at him accusingly. But Baekhyun just shrugs and smiles. 

"It wasn't me, Jongdae." he says and Jongdae believes him.

"Chanyeol?" Nope. "Sehun." He shakes his head. 

Joonmyun interjects before Jongdae can ask out more of their members. "It doesn't matter who it is. Let's look at the next one." 

Jongdae leans back and thinks about the message. This is a joke. It has to be. He shrugs and lets it slide. 





But of course it goes on. 

"Please smile more at me, Jongdae." He stares at the message he got from Joonmyun. The other ones are looking around, silently trying to guess who it was. Jongdae still thinks it's a joke from either Baekhyun, Chanyeol or Sehun. If not... well. He doesn't know if he should think it's cute or creepy. He shakes his head furiously. No he can't fall for this simple trick. 

"Okay, okay. Let's take this seriously. This family meetings are not for pranks. The one who did it, please stand up." Joonmyun states and looks around, but no one reacts. His posture gets unsure and Jongdae gulps.

"It's... not a prank?" 

Baekhyun shrugs. "Well if it is, it ain't me."

"Me neither." Chanyeol adds. Sehun shakes his head. Minseok scratches his head and looks around.

"Doesn't seem like a joke, Joonmyun." Luhan says and Baekhyun gasps.

"Someone here is in love with Jongdae?? Wow. You have an disgusting taste let me tell you that." Jongdae is ready to throw the table on his head.

"Your admirer is too shy to tell you face to face, so he uses this method. Cu~te" Chanyeol coos.

"This sounds a lot like Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun jokes and Kyungsoo gives him a death glare. "Oh seems like I'm right."

"Be careful, Baekhyun." he just says, emotionless. 

"Well, who is it then?" Sehun asks directly. Nobody says anything.

"Let's just wait. He will come out probably if he's ready." Joonmyun suggests and everyone seems to be fine with it. Jongdae sighs and puts the letter in his book.





The weeks pass and number one topic in the dorm is of course Jongdae's 'lover'. Or more like Baekhyun trying to guess who it is by annoying everyone until they kick him out of the room. Every Sunday he can sense the curiosity from the members, waiting only for one letter. What will it say this time? Joonmyun asked Jongdae if he knew who this possible could be, so they can solve the problem fast. But he doesn't. He wishes he knew because it starts to make him feel uncomfortable. 

It flatters him of course and he always has to smiles a lot when he reads the letters again while lying in bed.

'You're on my mind a lot.'

'I appreciate how you take care of us so well.'

'I like listening to your voice.'

'You make me nervous.'

But Jongdae isn't a very patient person when it comes to things like this. He wants to know who it is, so he can talk things out with him.



It's Sunday again. Normally they always do their meetings in the evening but somehow they can't even wait until after breakfast. Joonmyun sighs in defeat as Chanyeol and Baekhyun nag at him to do it now, so they gather in the living room again and the leader brings the box.

"Faster, hyu~ng." Sehun whines and Joonmyun groans.

"I'm in the middle of it, Sehun." he sighs and looks through the messages, not bothering to read them out loud, because he knows they are all just waiting for the one. When he found it, he leans back and opens it slowly. 

He reads it out loud: "I'm running into your heart~ I like you very much, hyung. Please accept my feelings."

"Hyung! It said hyung!! I knew it was Kyungsoo!!" Baekhyun calls out and Kyungsoo groans.

"Since when do I call him hyung, you idiot."

Everyone's silent. Jongdae can feel his heartbeat going faster. It probably isn't Sehun. Neither does it sound like Zitao. This means it only can be-

"Jongin?"

He looks to his right, just to see that he is already staring at him, one finger between his lips. Jongin doesn't say anything, just keeps looking at him and neither does Jongdae. 
Joonmyun clears his throat.

"Okay, everyone except Jongin and Jongdae leave the room." Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun are trying to protest but Joonmyun is having none of it. "Now!"

Eventually they all leave the room, but Jongin still can't seem to say a word, what means that Jongdae has to start.

"So you like me, hm?" 

Jongin nods, while shrinking back a bit in fear of rejection. Jongdae chuckles a bit, reaching over and patting his head. 

"Are you really serious about this, Jonginnie?" Jongdae whispers. He never really thought of being with Jongin more than just friends. He likes the younger one very much and he thinks he is cute and all but he never imagined a real relationship with another guy. 

"Yeah. I- ... I've had this feelings for a longer time now. And I've come to realize that... that this isn't just a phase... somehow." Jongin face gets red as a tomato after his confession and Jongdae smiles at that, hugging the younger one.

"I could never say no to you." he sighs while he wonders why he likes the feeling of Jongin's body pressed against his so much. He feels Jongin's shy grin against his cheek and his arms around his torso. 

"So that means you're going out with me?" he asks cheekily. Jongdae laughs at that and pecks his cheek, enjoying the way he blushes.

"Yeah. It means we're going out." he replies, happily