Bubble Revenge

Bubble Revenge

A small sigh left Rokhyun’s lips as he listened to Changbum’s ranting. A few days had passed since they had been so crudely disrupted by the others during their night together, and Changbum was clearly still pissed about it. He continued going on and on about how he had told them not to come home that night and how he would get back at them for ruining their night. Rokhyun let out another sigh, not really listening to Changbum’s words anymore. That boy really couldn’t let go of a grudge. Even so, though he wouldn’t voice it out like Changbum had, Rokhyun hadn’t been too happy either.

Changbum let out a grunt, letting himself fall back on Rokhyun’s bed after having paced around the room during the duration of his rant. He knew that the elder had given up on listening a long time ago, but he had to let it out again and again. He had already confronted the others about it, yet each of them had just brushed it off, saying there’d be other nights they could spend together alone. But there was one thing they had forgotten: that night happened to be their anniversary night.

Turning to his boyfriend, Rokhyun smiled a little and brought his hand up to ruffle the younger’s hair. “It’s okay, Bummie.” he said softly, brushing his dishevelled bangs aside gently.
“It’s not…” Changbum mumbled in return, pouting cutely as he leant into the elder’s touch. “I’m gonna make them pay, hyung.”
A soft chuckle left Rokhyun's lips as he shook his head a little. "Yes, yes. You've already told me that about a thousand times.” he hummed, resting his head on Changbum’s shoulder and wrapping his arms around his waist. “Just don’t go overboard, okay? Minwoo hyung would cry if he knew a vendetta erupted during his absence.”  
Changbum puffed his cheeks in response, finally agreeing after some consideration with a small nod.
“Good.” Rokhyun smiled, kissing the other’s lips softly. “Now go to bed, we have to get up early tomorrow. I’m sure Jonghwannie will want to sleep soon too.” he chuckled, glancing over to the bed that belonged to Jonghwan. He smiled as Changbum nodded again, pecking his lips and wishing him a good night before he left Rokhyun alone in the room. Rokhyun snuggled under his blankets and went to sleep.

~~~

"What in the actual-?!”

Rokhyun groaned a little as he was awoken by Jonghwan’s yelping. He slowly and sleepily opened his eyes, not fully registering why Jonghwan had yelled like that. His sleepiness slowly started to wear off and he blinked as he was greeted by a room fully covered in extremely colourful printouts of Jonghwan showing a not so charming facial expression. They were absolutely everywhere; on the walls, the ceiling, the floor and the furniture. Everywhere. He quickly covered his mouth, trying not to burst out in laughter as Jonghwan scrambled through the room to yank off every printout he could before the others would see his room in this state. Unfortunately for Jonghwan though, he had already woken up Chanyong, who was now standing in the doorway, laughing loudly at the sight.

Jonghwan snapped his head towards Chanyong, glaring daggers at him. “You did this, didn’t you?!” he screeched, grabbing his pillow and flinging it towards the younger one.
Chanyong couldn’t stop laughing, shaking his head furiously and catching the pillow that was tossed at him. “No, but whoever did deserves a reward.” he grinned before walking off with the pillow to wake up Changbum and Hyukjin. This was definitely something worth showing those sleepyheads. He rallied them together, practically having to pull both of them out of their beds and dragging them to the other room.
Jonghwan was still busy pulling the pictures off the walls, having begged Rokhyun to aide him in his quest, when he heard a snicker and a muffled laugh coming from the door. Hyukjin held his hand over his mouth, quickly deciding to help his hyungs out by gathering the printouts off the floor when he saw the look in Jonghwan’s eyes. Changbum on the other hand stayed next to Chanyong, his hands resting on his hips and smirking a little to himself as he looked around the room.

~~~

Changbum wrapped his arms around Rokhyun, cuddling him close. After a long day he was finally able to spend some time with his boyfriend. He smiled a little to himself as they chatted about various things. The rest of the day had gone by rather uneventful. After Jonghwan, Rokhyun and Hyukjin had finally gotten all the printouts off the walls, floor and furniture, they had all prepared for a long day of work. Jonghwan hadn’t talked much to Chanyong, nor to Changbum as he hadn’t helped him out. Instead, he had Hyukjin play the part of a messenger if he really needed to discuss something with the two. Chanyong though, had made it a point to tease the elder about the whole thing the entire day between practices and their schedules until they got home.

“You’re clingy.” Rokhyun chuckled, holding the arms that were wrapped around him.
“Because I know you like me to be clingy.” Changbum replied with a grin, cuddling the elder closer to him. He knew that wasn’t completely true. Rokhyun just allowed him to be clingy, knowing it would make him happier. It was one of the many things that Changbum loved about his boyfriend. Rokhyun would let him be himself no matter what. Changbum smiled to himself, covering the elder in soft kisses.
“Yes, yes.” Rokhyun smiled, leaning back against Changbum’s chest, tilting his head up to kiss Changbum’s lips softly. He hummed a little, looking up when he heard a weak “ahem” coming from the door.

Jonghwan rubbed the back of his neck a little, avoiding eye contact with both men cuddling on Rokhyun’s bed. “I kinda wanted to go to sleep…” he said softly, Changbum pouting at him for disrupting their snuggle time.
Rokhyun on the other hand nodded, peeling Changbum’s arms off him. He got up, pulling Changbum along and gently pushing him out of the room after giving him a goodnight kiss. He smiled as Changbum dragged his feet while making his way to his own room, leaving Rokhyun and Jonghwan to snuggle into their beds and drift off to dreamland.

~~~

“Jonghwan, you little !”

Morning had broken again and Chanyong’s loud voice ringed through the rooms as he stormed through the hallway to the room Jonghwan shared with Rokhyun, yanking the covers off the still half-asleep Jonghwan. “You had no reason to go that far!”
Jonghwan grunted as he was so roughly waken up from his slumber, his eyes growing with disbelief when he finally got a good look at Chanyong who was glaring down dangerously at him. He nearly choked on air, trying not to laugh because he knew the younger would kill him if he did. Chanyong’s hair, which was supposed to be brown, was now a nearly fluorescent green and Chanyong was not amused by it at all.

Jonghwan jumped up as the words that Chanyong had yelled at him finally registered in his brain. “Wait, hold on. Why would I have dyed your hair troll green?!” he yelled, offended that Chanyong even dared to think that he’d done it.
“Because you are the one convinced that I messed up your room! This is obviously your sick way of getting payback, only you got the wrong one!” Chanyong snapped at him. Hyukjin, Changbum and Rokhyun had gathered at the doorway, wondering what the commotion had been about. They stifled their laughs, making themselves scarce when Chanyong shot them a glare. He turned back to Jonghwan, hissing. “This had better not be permanent dye.” And with that he stormed out of the room, headed to the bathroom and slammed the door shut.    

~~~

Rokhyun glanced across the table from Jonghwan to Chanyong while everyone was eating in silence. Chanyong’s hair had easily returned to its original brown colour, thankfully, but his anger hadn’t lessened much. No one had dared to utter a word that day unless it was absolutely necessary. Awkwardness filled the dorm, each member mostly focusing on quickly finishing their evening meal and heading to bed, hoping tomorrow would bring a less awkward day.
Chanyong was the first to finish, leaving the table without a word to get ready for bed. Hyukjin followed not long after, glad that he didn’t have to share a room with either of his fighting hyungs.
Though he wasn’t happy about it, Changbum decided that it was best he’d join Chanyong soon as well. He didn’t think that staying up late and disturbing his sleep would be a good idea today. He wished both Rokhyun and Jonghwan a goodnight and headed to bed as well.
Jonghwan got up with a sigh, gathering the dishes and putting them in the sink. The whole day had been so draining and he couldn’t wait to just lie in bed and forget it all for a while. He walked past Rokhyun, telling the elder he would take care of the dishes tomorrow, and disappeared into their shared room.
Rokhyun nodded a little in response, getting up and putting his plate in the sink as well. He headed to his room, wondering if tomorrow would really be better than today.

~~~

Hyukjin yawned as he made his way to the bathroom to wash up. Despite the not so friendly atmosphere that had descended onto the dorm since these pranks had started a war, he had slept like a baby. Probably because he didn’t have to share his room with anyone. He hummed softly as he opened the door to the bathroom and headed for the sink. He turned the faucet on, water spilling into the porcelain sink, and he looked up into the mirror, blinking in confusion as his still half asleep brain was working hard to make sense of what his eyes were registering.

Everyone jumped a little as a loud and shrill scream filled the dorm, followed by hasty footsteps heading for the kitchen area. Hyukjin stood in the doorway, breathing heavily and his face covered with what appeared to be doodles made with paint.
“Why me?!” Hyukjin exclaimed distraughtly, covering his painted face as much as he could. “I didn’t cover Jonghwan and Rokhyun hyungs’ room with those printouts! Nor did I dye Chanyong hyung’s hair green!” He looked at both Chanyong and Jonghwan with an accusing and almost hurt look.
“It wasn’t me.” Chanyong retorted before shooting an accusing glance at Jonghwan who had gotten up from his seat at the kitchen table when Hyukjin had screamed.
“Why am I being blamed again?!” Jonghwan countered almost immediately, his eyebrows knitted together into a serious frown.

“If you didn’t then who di-“ Chanyong suddenly stopped speaking halfway through his sentence, turning his attention towards Changbum. “Wait a minute…” he mumbled, realising something he had overlooked before pointing the finger at Jonghwan. “You haven’t been pranked.”
Changbum blinked a little, not sure where Chanyong was heading with this but already knowing he wasn’t liking it too much.
“And you’ve got a motive to get back at all three of us.” Chanyong continued, earning him a look of disbelief coming from the other.
“What are you implying?” Changbum scoffed a little. “I’m guilty of enjoying watching you all get what you deserve, but that’s all. Don’t blame me for the pranks you three played on each other.”
“Yeah right, and we’re just supposed to believe that?” Chanyong countered, both Jonghwan and Hyukjin agreeing and now joining the argument with him.
Changbum snapped and it wasn’t long until accusations and arguments were being yelled back and forth through the small room, making everyone’s ears ring. Rokhyun rolled his eyes, trying to block out most of the shouting as best as he could.

“Say something, Rokhyungie!” Changbum exclaimed loudly, sounding slightly annoyed by his boyfriend’s silence by now. “Tell them I’m innocent!”
Rokhyun let out a soft snicker, earning him the confused looks of the four men. He looked at them, tilting his head innocently. Yet he couldn’t suppress the small smirk that played on his lips.
“I’m sure it wasn’t Bummie~” he finally replied, just a tad too sweetly.
A long lasting silence filled the small dorm bedroom when one by one the others started to figure out exactly what had happened. Changbum’s jaw dropped a little as soon as the realisation hit him and the others gulped lightly.

It had been Rokhyun all along.