Five

I don't wanna be in love!

It had been a few days since the weekend and Kai and Minseok had been talking every day since. Minseok had not really talked much with Sehun because he was a little more quiet and reserved but Kai as it unsurprisingly turned out was quite chatty.

Kyungsoo was constantly teasing Kai about his newfound crush on the older boy, but was always encouraging about it since it was Kai's first ever actual crush on a boy and secondly, anyone was better than Jessica--- at least Kyungsoo thought. 

"So when are you gonna ask this guy out, huh?" Kyungsoo asked over dinner that night. Wednesday night was always kimchi-spaghetti night which meant that both Chen and Baekhyun were also there. Sehun would usually be there as well but he sort of has been MIA since Sunday. 

"What? Is Kai still talking to that hottie from the club?" Chen asked between a mouthful of food. 

Baekhyun cringed as he shoved a napkin towards the other. "That's disgusting Chen." 

Chen shrugged and ignored the other though which made Baekhyun huff irritated and turn his attention back to the table conversation. 

Kai was shameless it seemed and answered with ease. "His name is Minseok and yes I am!" 

Kyungsoo chuckled as he wiped his mouth with his own napkin. "Well I approve of him. So what's your next move?" 

"I don't know yet." Kai answered honestly but never stopped smiling. 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the younger's response and that move did not go unnoticed. 

"Something wrong Baek?" Chanyeol asked.

"Oh nothing, just am I the only one who remembers that Sehun had dibs on that Minseok guy first? Wasn't he also apart of your hook-up Kai and if he was, which I am sure he was, hasn't it crossed your mind that maybe Sehun would like to date this Minseok as well?" Baekhyun's voice was sharp as was his gaze that was directed solely on Kai. 

The youngest of the five swallowed the excess bile in his mouth to moisten his drying throat before answering sheepishly. "Well, I've tried talking to Sehun this week, but he sort of just keeps dodging me..." Kai had to admit that since Saturday night the younger blond has been on his mind just as much as Minseok has however Kai wasn't exactly all for the cold shoulder he had been getting so Kai decidedly gave up on Sehun. 

Baekhyun snorted and rolled his eyes. "Well gee, I don't know, maybe that has something to do with the fact that he just broke up with his boyfriend Sunday and he thinks you're just going to go up to him to and reject him somehow. It would not be the first time it has happened to poor Hunnie." 

Upon hearing this new information Chanyeol spit out his drink on the table and choked. "You mean to tell me Sehun broke up with that jerk after Saturday night?!" 

Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah, he called me crying Sunday night about how he was going to Hell for being such a terrible and what not, I told him to stop drinking his Dad's liquor and go to bed."

"Why didn't Sehun call me?" Chanyeol asked slightly hurt as he helped Kyungsoo clean up his mess. 

"Well gee, I don't know!" Baekhyun's voice was laced with heavy sarcasm as he answered Chanyeol similar to the way he answered Kai a minute ago. "Maybe, it's cause you're Park Chanyeol and your advice usually . Sehun didn't want to hear good riddance to his ex nor would he want to hear a good job at getting laid by a couple of hotties. What the kid needed to hear was that he was going to live through this and that sleeping around at twenty years old is perfectly normal." 

Chen made a sound similar to that of a short and quiet, sarcastic laugh. "Yeah, it is totally normal." Chen muttered. 

Baekhyun whipped his fierce glare to the younger boy. "Yes it is. And people have with other people all the time so it isn't that big of a deal."

"Well, what if it was a big deal to say Kai or Minseok, hm? What if it meant something more than just to them?" Chen fired back with an equal amount of fierceness as Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun slammed his hands down on the table. "Well then that ing for them then huh! Because they should have said something if that was the case and Sehun just got out a bad relationship and he deserves to have a little bit of fun once in a while! God knows the last time that kid has had any real fun!" 

"And Kai didn't just get out of a really bad relationship himself?!" Chen demanded, his face slightly flushed from shouting. 

"For 's sake Sehun is way less likely to bounce back from a relationship than Kai! The ing kid looks like on legs while Sehun can hardly bring himself to talk to his crush!" 

Before Chen could say anything back Kyungsoo interrupted. "Okay you both need to settle down now and stop being so passive aggressive. If you two have got an issue with the other then go into the living room and figure the out instead of traumatizing poor Kai who looks more lost than a puppy right now!" 

Baekhyun half-growled as he suddenly stood up. "I'm not the one with a problem, it's that one!" Baekhyun pointed an accusatory finger at Chen before stomping out of the dining room.

"ME?!" Chen screamed outraged as he too stood up and stormed after Baekhyun. 

Kyungsoo sighed and shook his head. "I swear those two were meant to be together since day one."

Chanyeok chuckled as he reached over and rubbed his boyfriend's back. "They're not going to kill each other before that happens right?" 

Kyungsoo shrugged before cracking a small smile. "No one can say." 

"Um..." Kai was indeed more lost than a puppy right now. He wasn't sure if Baekhyun was telling him to try harder with talking to Sehun about Saturday night or telling him to back off of both Minseok and Sehun... Hell, Kai wasn't even sure if Baekhyun was talking to Kai about his love life or Baekhyun's own love life...

Kyungsoo shook his head as he turned his attention back to the younger. "Don't worry about anything that just happened. Those two were just walking on glass around one another and Chanyeol and I were just waiting for one of them to cut themselves open and let the blood-bath begin." Kyungsoo explained. "Anyways! So this week my Literature professor..."

Kai's mind trailed away from the conversation, and his train of thought went past that of Chen's and Baekhyun's loud arguing in the living room. The tan male's thoughts went directly to Sehun...

 

~~~

 

Sehun groaned for the countless time that night before banging his head down on his desktop. 

 
He couldn't focus on his homework, his mind continuously lingering back to the two males whom have managed to turn poor Oh Sehun's world upside down. All week Sehun tried his absolute hardest to avoid Kim Jongin at school and Sehun even went as far as avoiding his own friends to avoid Kai. 
 
It wasn't that Sehun was ashamed of sleeping with the bronzed Adonis, it was just the opposite really. However, Sehun was too timid to face the guy now without any liquor in his system and every time Sehun saw Kai all his thoughts went straight to flashbacks of Saturday night: Kai's tan abs. Kai's toned biceps that when Kai was hovering above Sehun flexed beautifully. Kai's sinful mouth. Kai's bigger than average ... 
 
Sehun shook his head, hoping to get it screwed back on right, but that only served to switch which man he was fantasizing about— 
 
Minseok had a small frame and build but he was surprisingly strong. Sehun remembers how Minseok was rather rough too, the older had pushed Sehun down unto his mattress and pinned him down in just a few seconds of entering the older's bedroom. Minseok also had a thing for biting. Sehun's chest was covered in hickeys and some scattered up to his neck which Sehun felt the need to hide from his mother's hawk eyes Monday morning. 
 
Sehun concluded that Minseok and Kai had at least one thing in common: they both were absolutely way out of his league.  
 
And it wasn't that Sehun was scared of being rejected, because he was already well-prepared to be rejected, he was scared of how he was going to be rejected. 
 
Sehun didn't want to imagine Minseok saying he only regretted Saturday night because Sehun was there and Sehun definitely didn't want to think about Kai telling him that he was actually straight and Saturday was just him experimenting. No, Sehun had no desire to fathom those realities so to put off both, if either were even true, Sehun did his best to avoid them. Whenever Kai tried to talk to him Sehun would either a) run away or b) give Kai a cold shoulder and excuse himself immediately. B was only ever used when Kai snuck up on him and/or caught Sehun off-guard. And whenever Minseok texted Sehun would just text back a few times before saying he had to go. 
 
But right now, at this moment, Sehun was willing to risk his impending rejection just to see how Minseok was doing because it was driving him insane not knowing. 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Hey Hyung! How are you?
 
Sehun sent the text message before he had second thoughts and then waited, rather impatiently, for a response.  
 
After a few minutes of nothing Sehun decided he needed a drink. Carelessly Sehun tossed his phone unto his bed before exiting his room and headed downstairs. When Sehun came back he set his water down on his desk before going over to plop on his bed. Sehun had to take a deep breath before checking his phone for any new messages. 
 
When his inbox indicated that he did not have any new or unread messages Sehun's mood plummeted and the younger began to panic, wondering if he had waited to long to contact the older himself. 
 
Just as Sehun was beating himself up over being a total loser his phone buzzed and the young man could not have snatched up the device any faster. 
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Hai Sehunnie! I'm good, tired from work but that's normal haha how are you?
 
 
Sehun's heart skipped a beat reading Minseok's text, seeing the older still call him by his petname made Sehun so excited the male actual squeaked a "happy noise". 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
I'm good too! But I'm sorry you're tired Hyung :c maybe you should get some sleep?
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Awe thx for thinkin about me but I'm fine. I'll go 2 sleep soon enough, but right now I am more interested in talkin 2 you! So tell me what's up Hun
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Nothing really, just finished my homework that took forever to finish >.<
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Haha well I would to tell you that you'll never have to do homework again however, when you get a career then you actually do sometimes :/ 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Whaaaat?! Really?! D':
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
LOL yes really! Trust me, it even more when you're out of school because if you don't do the work then it's your life you're failing and not just a class
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Hyung :c I'm scared to grow up now!
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Do you need a hug? 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^ 
No, I'm twenty years old -.- stap treatin me like a child!
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Oh sorry, my bad! Do you need a kiss? 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
....Maybe....
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
:*
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Thank you.
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
No problem ^_^ haha  
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Haha so what do you do again? Career-wise I mean.
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
I co-own a restuarant with my best friend haha I handle more the business part since that's what my degree is in and he handles the interior, as in he hires staff, keeps the place looking nice, etc 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
OHHH. That sounds really awesome! It must be nice working with your friend
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Not really haha my best friend is a total most of the time
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Whaat? Then why is he your best friend?
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Because he is a dedicated and hard-working XD
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Hahaha oh okay. 
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
You actually met him before. Do you remember that dirty blond haired guy from the club on Saturday? 
 
 
Sehun panicked slightly, this being the first time Minseok has brought up Saturday night whatsoever. But Sehun decided he was going to play it cool, despite the fact that his cheeks were heated to a ripe tomatoe shade. 
 
 
To: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Uh yeah... He's the one who told me to approach you...
 
 
From: Minseok Hyung ^-^
Haha yeah that's Luhan!
 
 
Sehun and Minseok texted for a couple of hours more before the older said they both should get some sleep and after that it took another ten minutes for Sehun to finally say goodbye because he didn't want to stop texting the older just yet, however the blond could feel himself dozing off between texts so he unhappily sent his good-night text. 
 
As Sehun was just settling into bed for the night, somewhat content after texting Minseok for a good two hours, his phone buzzed again. Thinking it was Minseok sending one last goodnight text Sehun picked up his phone and checked his messages, only to have his eyes widen at whom it was. It was not Minseok but Sehun's heart raced just the same as if it was the older guy. And Sehun was terrified about that and instead of responding whatsoever Sehun turned his phone off and wrapped himself in his blankets before shutting his eyes tight. Sehun tried to fall asleep fast but it was hard to do so when his heart was beating so rapidly. 
 
 
From: Unknown Number
Hey Sehun, it's Kai ;D I got your number from Chanyeol. I haven't seen you around lately and I was wondering if you wanted to get coffee 2morrow? My treat! 
 

 

~~~

 

Author's Note: So there's this... haha what even XD don't forget to:

Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote if you're enjoying this :)