Loneliness

Loneliness

In everyone’s lives there is a time when one just has to just give up on something that means a life. It might be the education, the house and the ideal future with a husband and two kids or it might be the dream job or the person they believed was their destiny, their forever.

When it all happens at the same time or one after another, like bad things have tendency to do, it might just be too much. Not enough to actually commit suicide or hurt oneself but the mood is still pressing one down, stopping them from seeing the small happiness that might be just there, lingering around shadows in the dark room.

~~

Sehun bit on his lip as he slid on the couch quietly, the living room dark and empty of life, only the city lights flickering outside of the large windows. Sliding an arm around the bony shoulders, he pressed closer without a word and reached to take the bottle of soju off from Tao. He got it without a word or protest from the other, still lost in his thoughts.

Sehun placed the bottle on the table, careful not to knock over the beer bottles and ends of a whiskey bottle. Quietly, without a word, he wrapped another arm around the other’s chest, tugging the pliant man to his chest. Slowly, gently, Sehun let his palm rest on Tao’s chest, caressing over the soft, lean muscle he felt under the thin shirt the other was wearing.

He leant down to press a kiss on Tao’s temple and moved a hand on Tao’s head as the Chinese leant his head on his chest. He pressed another kiss on Tao’s hair as he felt the tiny sobs wracking the other’s body. The sobs were quiet, almost inaudible in the dark room but they stabbed Sehun’s heart like a blunt knife; ripping out the beating organ, leaving him out and bleeding, waiting for his death.

Sehun blinked his own tears away as he held his lover close. No words were needed as he comforted the Chinese. He knew what had happened; he knew it all but he couldn’t help, not with words anyways. He waited, quietly and painfully in the dark night until Tao’s cries had died, only remnants of tears left at the corners of his eyes.

Sehun tilted Tao’s face up, thumbing the tears out with a quiet, understanding smile. He stared into Tao’s dark orbs, cupping his lover’s cheeks as he closed his own eyes and kissed Tao’s forehead, tip of his nose and each of his eyelids. He his lips, tasting the saltiness of his lover’s tears before kissing him softly on lips.

Sehun moved away from the kiss, offering a small smile he knew the other could see in the darkness before pulling him close again.

 

Lonely days of uncertainty
they disappear when you’re near me
when you’re around my life’s worthwhile
and now I long to see you smile