Chapter 1

Just One Wish

I run as fast as I can as if my life depends on it. I don't think I've ever ran this quickly before. I stop for 20 seconds to catch my breath. Yup I count it because I have to meet him at 3:00 P.M. at our favorite park and it's already 2:58. I can't waste any more time!

The park's oak tree slowly appears in front of me. Under those green leaves, I can see a figure. It's him!

I run faster and my legs feel like they'll fall off any time soon.

"Teukie-oppa!" I call out, waving my hand high in the air to catch his attention.

I finally stop in front of him and flop down on the stone bench.

"Jagiya, are you alright? Here I brought some water," he says and hands me a water bottle while rubbing my shoulder.

After taking a big gulp, I breathe in deeply and let it out.

"I'm sorry oppa. I had to take care of my sisters and forgot about our date. So I ran as fast as I could here. Did you wait long?"

"I waited for 5 whole minutes!" he whines cutely. "You have to make it up to me!"

I giggle at his sudden child-like personality. That's one of the reasons why I love him so much. He can be caring and sensitive at one time and then immediately turns into a kid at another.

Oh man this'll be hard to break the news to him.

"Hey, jagiya! Are you listening to me?" he asks, waving his hand in front of my face.

I snap back into reality and smile at his pouting face.

"So what can I do to make it up to you?" I smirk.

He puffs out his left cheek and points to it.

I understand his gesture and begin to plant a kiss on his cheek but instead, I feel his lips on mine.

I pull away quickly, blushing hard.

Why do I always fall for this trick? Not really complaining though, just surprised.

He grins widely at me, showing his little dimple that I love dearly.

"Here, jagiya! Happy 3-years anniversary!" he yells handing me a red rose and a box of chocolate.

Oh gosh! I forgot his present on the table when I left the house!

"I am so sorry oppa! I forgot your gift. Stay right here! I'll be right back!"

But before I can run away, a pair of arms wrap themselves around me.

"Don't leave me alone!" he begs.

I feel tears falling down my cheeks and Leeteuk spins me around in his arms.

"Jagi! You're crying! Did I make you cry! I'm sorry! What did I do wrong?"

I shake my head as he wipes the tears away.

"It's not your fault oppa. It's just I got accepted into one of the best medical schools in the world."

"That's great! I am so proud of you!"

"I know you will be. But the problem is it's all the way in America. Half way around the planet! I just don't want to leave you."

His hug tightens and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"When are you leaving?"

"In 2 days."

Sniff.

"Oppa! Don't cry! I promise I'll come back one day!"

Sniff.

"I-I know. but when will this "one day" come?"

"Soon."