Final

Apartment Mishaps

 

Nana heaped a spoonful of frozen yoghurt into gleefully then looked down at her cup. She made a sound of disappointment when she saw that she had finished it. Today, she and Junhong were going on a date to look for an apartment together. They were both university graduates and had been together since their third year in high school. She confessed first and he accepted on the spot. From then on they were inseparable; they still are. Nana was waiting for her Junhong. He had a habit of being late, but, she didn’t mind.

Speaking of the devil, here he comes. Running up to Nana with… another cup of frozen yoghurt?

“Nanananaaaa,” he yelled in a sing-song voice, gaining the attention of others around them.

She jumped off the bench and sang back to him, “Juunnhong.”

Junhong was ready to squish her in a tight embrace. He was about to but then realised that the frozen yoghurt would spill on the both of them if he did so. He stopped, thought about it for a second, put the cup on the bench then pulled Nana into a hug. He pecked her lips softly, once.

“I missed you. I felt like I was going to fall into a void without you!” He cried in an obviously fake dramatic tone he even added in some hand gestures.

Nana shook her head in amusement and disbelief, “We saw each other yesterday.”

“Still. Fifteen hours and two minutes without you is too much for the Junhong to handle,”

Nana chuckled and said no more about the topic. “Let’s go visit the apartments now?” She asked, taking his hand in hers.

The latter nodded, picked up the cup, held it out to Nana, and started walking alongside her. “I also bought some froyo for you,”

“I just had some-”

“Fiiine. I’ll eat it then,” Junhong grinned and was about to dig in when the cup was plucked from his hands. “I didn’t say I didn’t want it.”

“Hmph, okay.”

Nana smiled at his childishness. They were only visiting one apartment today. They’d been visiting different places all week. So far Nana had turned down all except for two. Not too long after they arrived at the new apartment complex. A couple came walking through the entrance talking excitedly about the quality of the apartments and how much they liked it. Both Nana and Junhong raised their eyebrows at each other and Nana said scooping another small spoonful of frozen yoghurt into , “let’s see how ‘wonderful’ these apartments are.”

Junhong nodded and pulled Nana through the double doors. Inside a realtor was having a drink. The realtor nodded once and put on a large smile, “here to see the apartments?”

“Yes,” Nana answered immediately while also showing the realtor a friendly smile.

“Follow me. My name is Jihoon by the way.”

The pair headed towards the elevator with the realtor leading them.

 “Are you two newlyweds?” He questioned.

They peeked at each other and became flustered. The, Junhong stumbled out a reply with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. “Oh, no, we’re just boyfriend and girlfriend.”

Nana laughed softly to lessen the awkwardness. The Jihoon didn’t seem to notice the awkward atmosphere. The elevator doors opened and the Jihoon led them over to an apartment with the number 21 on the door.

“This is the apartment you’re looking for, yes?”

Junhong nodded once while Nana’s eyes were scanning the premises. She definitely was impressed. So impressed that she even forgot about her melting frozen yoghurt! The door was unlocked with a swipe card and the trio entered the spotless apartment. Nana’s jaw dropped when she saw the lounge room. It had a vintage vibe to it, in sh0rt, she loved it.

“Shall I leave you to walk around?” The realtor asked looking like he was itching to take a bathroom break.

Nana’s other half chuckled in understanding and nodded, “yes, thank you.”

Jihoon almost ran out the apartment when he said yes. When he was gone the pair broke their mature adults façade and grinned at each other. Junhong started nudging her “Hey hey, are you going to finish your froyo?”

She looked down at her cup, “Yes, why?”

“I want it,” he said hopefully.

“No, miinne,” She whined, eating another spoonful of the melting yoghurt.

“Please?” Junhong said with a pout of his lips.

“It’s almost finished and you bought it for me. Go look around,”

“Okay,” he lowered his head and dragged his feet away from Nana.

She ate another spoonful when the cup was plucked from her hands. “Wha-”

“Yeah, mine now,” Junhong burst out in a celebratory manner with a smile beaming on his face.

“Nooo,” Nana whined and started pulling on the cup just as Junhong put a spoonful of the cool yoghurt in his mouth.

He frowned and tugged the cup from her. “Nana bearrr,” he whined.

In the end the cup of frozen yoghurt shot out of their greedy hands and the yoghurt splattered on the wallpaper while the cup dropped to the ground with a soft tap. For the first time during their outing the both of them we’re shocked into silence. They stared at the green yoghurt unbelieving of what just happened. “W-we should clean this up.”

Junhong just nodded and headed to the kitchen while also yelling out, “I blame you!”

Nana frowned and stomped after him, “this wouldn’t have happened if you had just been okay with me eating the froyo you gave me,”

She eyed him with an unimpressed look that also had slight amusement hidden inside.

Junhong looked back and stuck his tongue out at Nana, “You can clean it then. Since it wasn’t my fault.”

“No, you clean it! You’re in the kitchen already.”

He grinned while shaking his head. “It’s like we’re living here already.”

Nana laughed as she poked her head in the bathroom “Right?”

“I like this place,” he said wiping the stain away roughly, “uh oh. It’s become a stain,” he wiped harder which only served to make the wallpaper start peeling. He halted in his attempts at cleaning and stared at it open mouthed. He glanced around quickly searching for something, anything to cover up the imperfection on the wall. He found nothing so he settled for standing in front of the wall. Nana returned to Junhong’s side and tried to peek behind him at the wall, “Did you clean it well?”

“What? Uh, yes,” he mumbled avoiding her eyes while also pressing himself against the wall so she wouldn’t be able to spot the large dark stain on the wall.

She looked at him doubtfully and raised an eyebrow, “really now?”

“Yes, yes really,” he nodded a little too enthusiastically.

“Hm,” was all she said, “Let’s go then,”

Junhong nodded in agreement and stepped away from the wall. Before he could jump in front of the wall again Nana pushed him further from the wall and observed the big and dark stain on the wall, “seriously?” She questioned while dragging out the ‘Y’.

“Yeah. Seriously,” her partner answered rushing to the door before he could be punched by her.

Nana glanced one last time at the stain then followed after Junhong. She looked at him in a displeased manner. He has his hands shoved in his jean pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels while also whistling. “Tsk tsk. Trying to act innocent are you?” Nana sharply said, pretending to be irked by him. Junhong took is personally and furrowed his brows. She walked to the elevator and in the back of her mind she wondered where the realtor went. He rushed after her calling out her name like a child begging for attention from their mother. “Nana bear! You’re not mad at me are you?”

She decided to keep up the charade for a little while longer. It was thoroughly amusing for her. He kept calling her name and asking if she was mad the whole time they were in the elevator. When the doors opened the realtor was standing outside. He seemed like he was surprised to see them there. “How was the apartment?”

“It was wonderful. I think we’ll come back,” she answered before the ‘child’ next to her could.  

Jihoon smiled and led them to the doors kindly. “Thank you for visiting.”

Nana nodded and with that, the pair left the building. The whole walk back Junhong was complaining and whinging to Nana, wanting her to talk to him. Nana tried her best to keep up her façade of anger, but, of course, he didn’t stop. At one point he stopped her by jumping in front of her. He kneeled on the ground hands clasped together with a pleading look on his face. If she didn’t know any better she’d think he was begging for his life to be spared!

He let out a weird strangled choking sound which caused Nana to furrow her eyebrows and frown. “What was that?” She laughed, “You sounded like you were dying,” a smile playing on her glossy lips.

“Nana, please forgive me for my silliness,” he exclaimed as he threw his lanky arms around the girl’s legs. He looked up at her laughing expression. (Thankfully she was wearing jeans!) He didn’t care that he was causing a scene. He only wanted his Nana bear to be happy with him and he’d go to great lengths to do so, even if it meant embarrassing himself, in public.

She only patted his soft head of hair and said, “Only if you grow shorter, you giant!”

She held her handbag tightly to her chest and ran away from her boyfriend, while laughing loudly. He kneeled there for a moment to register what she said then scrambled up and yelled after her while running, “But I can’t grow shorter. Only you can grow taller, you munchkin!” 

 


 

Thank you for waiting patiently for the update. Please comment and let me know what you thought. I don't write fluff often so I'm not sure if this is actually cute... either way, I hope you enjoyed it!