Nightmare 1/1

Nightmare

The clock struck 2.43 in the morning. The boys had long gone to their own twilight zone after their practise for the upcoming comeback special. The dark room echoed with Jimin's and Hoesok's soft snores. Yoongi and Jin properly asleep on their own bed and Namjoon sleeping like a dead zombie. Taehyung sleeping peacefully while hugging his lion plushie, a gift from his fans. All of them had a peaceful beautiful sleep,except for one certain person.

 

The ravennete, at first, had sleep like a normal teenager would. But after minutes passed, his eyebrows twitched. His nose crinckled and lips quirked upwards in what seems to be enduring a pain. He started to squirm on the bed silently. Head lightly trashed side to side, hands clutching the blankets wrapping his cold body so tight it seems like he would tore the sheet.

 

Beads of cold sweat trailed down his forehead as he's starting to feel heavy on breathing. His chest felt tight and hs throat hurts. Finally, after minutes of enduring the pain created in his dream, he woke up in a startle. His body shot up straight on his legs, legs succesfully kicked the blankets off to the ground. Jungkook was ready to scream but he was quick to surpress it when his eyes finally caught up with the reality.

 

He caught the familiar figures in the dark room, his hyungs sound asleep on their beds, the familiar bags collected at the corner of their room, the familiar moonlight slipping through the closed curtains of the windows. Jungkook breathe heavily. His hand clutches at his shirt where his heart was beating rapidly, it felt like his ribcage could break.

 

He took a deep breathe to relax himself. He tried to calm his mind down from the impact of the dream. That dream.

 

Jungkook felt tears pricking at the back of his eyes. His lips trembled slightly as he surpressed the sobs that are threatening to come out. He harshly rubbed at his eyes, willing the tears to back in but they kept coming, and he thought how could tears hurt this much.

 

His throat hurts and his chest is painfully tight. He piched at the bridge of his nose and huffed a sigh. Relax, it's just a dream.

 

It's just another stupid dream. It's just a stupid dream. It's just a stupid....

 

Nightmare.

 

Jungkook got out of his bed, careful not to wake his hyungs up. He steadily made a beeline towards the door. He opened it carefully, took a brief glances of the other members before closing it but not entirely. He let the door opened for a just a small crack that only allows little of the light from the living room slips inside.

 

Jungkook sighed as he entered the kitchen, not minding to turn the lights on. He opened the fridge and quickly searched for the thing he needed. The cold breeze of the air conditioner brushes pass his already exposed cold skin but he didn't mind. He liked cold.

 

He grabbed a carton of milk and closed the fridge using his sole. He took a long glass from the island and pour a heavy amount of milk into it. As he took the cold drink all in one go, his mind wanders back to that particular dream. That dream managed to scare the lights out of him. It seemed so realistic and could feel it under his skin, he couldn't even bring the differences between the reality or just dream.

 

How he wished he could erase that memory from his thoughts.

 

Maybe he was too tired, or maybe it's because of the burden he had to carry for the tittle 'Golden Maknae', or maybe simply because he's stressed out from their tight schedules and practises and stuffs. Maybe, just maybe it's because of these reasons is what leads him to that horrified nightmare. But he wished it was because of those reasons are why he's thinking like this.

 

Not because of a certain person.

 

"Kookie...?"

 

Speak of the devil.

 

Jungkook instantenously looked up, dark eyes meeting the sight of sleepy Taehyung standing at the door, rubbing his fist across his eyes to will the sleep away in a rather adorable way. The lights from the living room shone behind him, giving him the look of a 10 year old who happens to walk in a thief sneaking into the kitchen and the kid thought he was a Santa Claus.

 

"Why're you up so late? And why're you in the dark?" The aforementioned who now had his hair dyed to dark shade of brown instead of bright orange asked, eyes half opened due to the drowsiness.

 

"I couldn't sleep." Jungkook replied shortly, slightly 'aawwing' at the sight of yawning Taehyung who appears so adorable at that moment. Taehyung blinked. "Then why are you in the dark?"

 

"To save up bills. Hyung, what milk?" Jungkook shakes the carton in his hand suggestively (is that even a word?). Taehyung dragged his feet to there Jungkook was sat and took a seat besides the younger. "Are you trying to outgrow me?" Taehyung asked as he took the now filled to the brim glass of milk from Jungkook in both of his palms.

 

"I've already outgrown you for the past months, hyung." Jungkook grinned teasingly. Taehyung scoffed as he drinks the cold liquid.

 

The maknae watched as the older's Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he drinks and how his eyelashes flutters, thin but pretty fingers curled around the glass.

 

How the hell can this hyung become so cute even when he's drinking?

 

Taehyung finished his drink in a good minute and his lips. "So good." He murmured. He placed the glass on the island and turned to face Jungkook. He rested his right cheek in the palm of his hand and elbow plopped on the counter.

 

"So, why can't you sleep?" He asked. Jungkook swallowed. He had been expecting this for the past 5 minutes but he still felt nervous. How can he tell the hyung what his problem is?

 

"I just couldn't." He answered. Taehyung frowns.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I couldn't."

 

"Why?"

 

"Just because."

 

"...."

 

"...."

 

"Why?"

 

"Taehyung hyung!"

 

Jungkook whines at the constant questions and Taehyung just laughed but quickly tuned down because of the rememberence of the other members sleeping.

 

Taehyung got up and tugged at Jungkook's sleeve. "What?"

 

"Sleep with me."

 

"Hyung, I told you I couldn't sleep." Jungkook sighed. Taehyung pouted. "But it's your fault that I got up."

 

"How is that my fault?"

 

"Well, if you didn't left the door opened, I wouldn't have woken up."

 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. By then, Taehyung had his lips pursed into thin lines and eyes wide like a puppy's. With the help of the lights from the living room, Jungkook could see well enough the pitiful/adorable look Taehyung pulls off and Jungkook groans at the back of his head.

 

"Please....? With cookies on top?" Taehyung bit his lower lips. Jungkook narrowed his eyes more (if that's possible). He really doesn't want to go back sleep. He's scared that the nightmare would come back. One's enough.

 

"Oh come on! I'm sleepy already. I could feel my eyes shutting. Kookie, please...?" Right now, Taehyung is practically begging, fingers tugging at Jungkook's sleeves constantly. Jungkook sighed.

 

"Fine. FINE." Taehyung's trademark box grinned splits up and took up half of his face at the agreement from the younger. Jungkook sighed as he trailed behind Taehyung who's hapily skipping towards the living room. Wait what?

 

"I thought you wanted to go to sleep." Jungkook questioned with a furrowed eyebrows. "Yea but I didn't say that I wanted to sleep in the bedroom. Jimin's snores get me." Taehyung answered. He turned off the lights, letting dark illuminates the spaces. He made a beeline towards the couch and plopped on it.

 

He lies on the medium-sized couch, fit enough for four man to sit on. Taehyung scoots further into the couch's backrest and pats the space besides him. "Come on. Sleep here." He urges with an innocent expression.

 

Jungkook gawked a bit. "Are you kidding me? That couch wouldn't fit the both of us." He protested. As much as he sounded like arguing for the spaces, he's actually embarrased of the fact that he's going to be sleeping in such a small space, squished with his hyung, his favourite hyung of all hyung.

 

"You wouldn't know unless you try. Hurry up. I need something to cuddle with." Taehyung pats the space a little desperately. He couldn't help it. He's so sleepy right now but the pain of holding back the sleepiness.

 

"Then get your lion plushie."

 

"I don't wanna. I want bigger thing to cudle with."

 

"Then cuddle Hoseok hyung."

 

"Hoseok hyung snores. I don't like it. You're a silent sleeper. You're the est option right now so come on!"

 

Jungkook once again sighed in defeat and his shoulders deflated. He dragged hs feet to the bright hyung and sat on the empty space. "Don't you at least want blankets or something? It's cold."

 

"No. I'm sure you're warm yourself." Taehyung smiled warmly. Jungkook's heart melted at the words, how nice his hyung sounded like.

 

He finally laid his left side on the couch, facing Taehyung. Taehyung quickly latched himself to th younger. Hands wrapped around Jungkook's lean waist and tangles their legs with another. "Wow. You're actually cold." Taehyung commented when his calf met Jungkook's.

 

Jungkook huffed as he wrapped an arm around Taehyung's back and anoher arm slipped under Taehyung's head, hand Taehyung's soft hair. "That's why I told you we need blankets."

 

However, the older didn't said a word. He rubbed soothing circles around the maknae's back, his cheek pressed to Jungkook's collarbones. While Jungkook's chin buried in Taehyung's lock. Their tangled bodies fitted enough in the couch, enough not to make Jungkook fall from the couch.

 

Minutes past, Jungkook heard soft humming of a tune from Taehyung's nose. Taehyung snuggled closer, hand still rubbing circles around Jungkook's clothed back. He could hear the soft beating of the younger's heartbeat. It somehow almost lulles him to sleep.

 

"I called the stars," He began siging softly.

 

"And wished them goodnights,"

 

"All of them, except for one,"

 

Jungkook listens wholeheartedly. Taehyung sings with his eyes closed.

 

"That one little baby star,"

 

"He just couldn't sleep,"

 

"Tell me what's wrong..." Taehyung trails as he yawns, pressing his opened mouth to Jungkook's clothed shoulder to cover his mouth before pressing back his cheek to his collarbone. He finds it comfortable to press his face there. Jungkook unconsciously planted a soft kiss on Taehyung's locks before nuzzling his nose in the soft hair.

 

"Tell me what's wrong,

 

Don't keep it in heart,

 

It'll swallow you one day and I wouldn't want to be the first to witness it,"

 

"What kind of a song is that?" Jungkook asked groggily before he suddenly yawns. The constant rubbing and soft melothic lulles him. He doesn't want to sleep but he had a feeling that it might not went wrong.

 

"Shut up and listen." Taehyung hissed rather sleepily and continues to sing. Jungkook doesn't argue.

 

"Let me be the first,

 

To hold you,

 

Drift you to sleep,

 

Sleep that worry away,

 

Sleep my baby blue star,"

 

Taehyung looked up, the action made Jungkook looked at him. Taehyung staring at him deeply before he placed a tender kiss on Jungkook's chin. The two-seconds-long kiss sent warmth radiating around Jungkook's chest.

 

Taehyung looked back at his dark eyes. "Sleep." Taehyung sleepily said, eyes blinking drowsily. With that, he pressed his cheek back to there it was before and ended his made-up song.

 

"Sleep my...baby blue....star..."

 

Taehyung was fast asleep by then. Jungkook hugs him closer (if that's again possible), pressing Taehyung's back to the couch's backrest. He sighed into the brown hair. Sleep managed to come its way to him and he's started to feel himself falling back.

 

"I had a dream, hyung."

 

 

 

"In it, I dreamt that, I dreamt that I lost you."

 

A sole tear escaped his eyes as soon as he drifted to twilight zone. Except that the surroundings were even better than before.

 

Because Taehyung's there. Taehyung's there besides him, assuring him that he's there, with him.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

*sigh*

I intended on doing fluffs but really, I myself didn't even know what fluff's really is so just read it, if you want.

This is all for now. Next stop, 'The Bad Boy Looks Cute To Me'!

 

Please anticipate it! :)

Because if you don't I might as well cry T_T (whatever, you weirdo---my sister)