Black and White

Colours

Ever since he was young, Changbum had associated himself with the colour black. A being devoid of light and happiness. Changbum had learned to live in the darkness of his mind and he no longer minded it. He had learned how to disconnect his heart from everything, watching people come and go in his life, gathering mundane items and tossing them away again without a second thought. It was Changbum’s second nature.
Until he laid his eyes on Jonghwan.

Jonghwan was different. To Changbum, Jonghwan was the embodiment of the colour white. A being filled with radiance and love. Everything the older boy did managed to make Changbum smile. It was a sensation so foreign to him, yet so calming at the same time. Jonghwan was able to crack open the stone case surrounding Changbum’s heart and to let in some light. 
Jonghwan showed Changbum how to love.

The days slowly crept by and they soon turned to weeks, which in their turn, slowly turned into months. But the time with Jonghwan was passing by too fast for Changbum. Changbum wanted more time with the pure white Jonghwan. He didn’t care if he had to demand more of Jonghwan’s attention for it, because he knew Jonghwan would comply no matter what.
Because Jonghwan loved Changbum.

Changbum always knew it would only be a matter of time. He always knew that Jonghwan’s white couldn’t stay impeccable forever. Yet Changbum couldn’t stand to watch Jonghwan’s purity get corrupted slowly but surely by his black. He couldn’t allow that to happen, not to his beautiful Jonghwan. He had decided he would make sure Jonghwan would stay just one colour forever. All he had to do was change his white to a colour that his black wouldn’t blemish.
Changbum was sure he could change Jonghwan too.

A whispered declaration of love carried through the silent room as they lay next to each other. A small smile played on Changbum’s lips as he gazed into Jonghwan’s big, brown orbs, his fingers slowly sliding across his beautiful pale skin, painting it. 
Red really did suit Jonghwan