Oh Soobin

My Angel

If fate were to give out an award to the strongest couple that had lived in modern times, Oh Sehun and his wife, Minsuh definitely deserved one. They had gone through so much in the past years – from their unexpected relationship, to the dating rumors, to all the hiding they had done for years, up to the recent ‘rumors’ of Minsuh’s pregnancy. At first Minsuh had doubted if they could ever live a normal life, especially with Sehun being an idol, and a very famous one at that. She knew how Sehun loved her and she loved him back just as much, if not more. She knew Sehun would do anything to protect her, to protect their family just as he had vowed. But she also knew how the fans, the entire entertainment business will never always agree to their plans. There will always be consequences. After all, he was Oh Sehun – EXO’s maknae, everyone’s maknae, everyone’s little brother, everyone’s secret boyfriend. She knew how Sehun meant to the fans. She was, after all, just a mere fan herself at some point. But Sehun promised. He promised he’ll protect them, and she trusted him enough to believe that he could keep this important step in their lives out of the limelight until they were both confident that it was safe enough for the whole world to know.

 

He peeked outside the hospital blinds, staring blankly down below where Magnolias bloomed on every street corner. EXO was in China for promotions, but for Oh Sehun, it was something entirely more important than that. He let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding before turning his attention back to the baby girl that was tucked in his arm. She was so tiny and fragile, wrapped in her soft pink blanket. His head hovered over hers, as he hummed a familiar tune. He couldn’t believe that a baby could be this tiny and this important all at the same time. Her head was barely the size of his fist yet he loved her with all of himself. She was only hours old but it felt like she’d been part of his life for years. As he cradled her in his arms, he slowly took out his phone with his free hand. Careful not to wake the little girl, he snapped a photo of her. She looked breathtakingly beautiful just like her mother – the same hairline, the same pointy chin, puffy cheeks like baozis, and the same large ears that stuck out just enough for people to notice them. He admired Soobin just as much as he had admired her mother, Minsuh. He stared lovingly at the photo he had just taken before deciding to post it on his page. Letting out a sigh, the photo was uploaded. Well, that’s that. No turning back now, he thought before a smile made its way to his face.

 

Moments later though, his phone was buzzing. Comments and e-mails flooded in, and the slight noise made Soobin struggle against his chest. He placed his phone on a table, before rocking her back and forth, humming the same song he had earlier and soon enough she was asleep again. As more messages came in, his phone continued lighting up. He sighed heavily before checking his phone. Scrolling through the messages, his brows started to crease, his smile slowly fading, and a familiar voice called out to him.

 

“Yah! Oh Sehun, what’s with the long face?” she whispered loud enough for only him to hear.

 

He turned to look at the love of his life perched on the hospital bed, a lazy smile on her face, and eyes glistening. “It’s nothing, jagiya. You should go back to sleep. You must be tired after pushing this little rascal out for hours.” he said, managing a chuckle at the end.

 

He sat next to her, passing over their little girl to Minsuh.

 

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

 

There’s a short silence as the new parents admire their little angel before Minsuh continued, “you know you can always go if the boys need you. We’ve talked about this. As much as you’d want to, Soobin and I are perfectly capable with just the two of us.”

 

He opens his mouth to disagree but he knows that she’s right. “Go, EXO needs their maknae.” She finishes, pecking his lips as a sweet goodbye.

 

“I’ll be back with the boys as soon as we’re done with the concert. I love you both.”

 

He kisses the top of her head then Soobin’s, and then rushes off for a schedule. They had made it worldwide, no surprise. But somehow with the success came more difficulties especially when it came to their private lives.

 

At 27, Sehun had a loving wife and a beautiful daughter, but the only catch was that he had to hide them from the public’s eyes, until now. He knew Minsuh was going to kill him when she finds out, but he couldn’t take keeping his daughter a secret from the world. He had done it with Minsuh before, and it ate him up inside how he couldn’t tell everyone about her. But now, he knew he was capable of taking care of them. He knew he would do anything to protect his little family, and he wanted the whole world to know how much he loved them. Of course his decision wasn’t drastic. He had already discussed it with the boys and his manager, and the company even. They were only waiting for the couple’s decision; after all, it was their life, their daughter. He knew that as much as Minsuh was scared of what might happen when the fans find out about their maknae becoming a father after what she had gone through with their own public confessions, she wanted to show off their little angel too. And he couldn’t be any more happy than to share this little gift of theirs to the people that had stood by him and Minsuh all this time. He ows it to them for having his back. He owes to Minsuh for never leaving his side. He owes it to Soobin whose mere existence changed his life in a massively good way.

 

oohsehun Welcome to the world, my darling Soobin! I couldn’t have been more proud to be a father especially to a beautiful angel like you. Appa and eomma loves you very much. You are a gift to us, my angel. There’s nothing more I could ask for than to have you and your eomma beside me. And I want the whole world to know that. There will be times where I might not be there, but I promise you that you can always count on me, that I will always protect you no matter what just like what I have promised your eomma. I love you, my angel. :-*