Chapter 11

[HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE] Beauty and the Beasts
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                                                                                                                                                            previous chapter re-cap     

Kikwang is annoyed at the fact that Yoseob brought Eunmi out in public, while Eunmi is confused as to why Kikwang acts so harshly towards her. Back at home, Eunhyuk is counting down the days for Eunmi's return from her "research." Yoseob accidentally reveals that Eunmi graduated from her university as a valedictorian at the mere age of twenty years old. During a heated argument between Yoseob and Kikwang, most of the men had transformed into their hidden selves -- werewolves. Eunmi discovers this and believes that it is all a bad dream, so she shuts herself away in her room from the men she thought she had come to know.

​                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              chapter eleven     

[INDENT] It had been a little over a week since Eunmi had seen the men in the mansion. She laid in her bed while in fetal position. She was too weak from the lack of food and water to move. Her hair was unkempt and the clothes she wore were crinkled. Her eyes were full of emptiness.

[INDENT] Eunmi's stomach ached for something to be in it, but she couldn't bring herself downstairs to the kitchen. She was terrified that she'll see one of the men -- or, were they called werewolves? -- in the kitchen; she would probably faint from shock.

[INDENT] After witnessing the men transform into wolves, Eunmi's mind blanked out immediately. When Dongwoon turned into a wolf right in front of her and started to walk towards her, her first impulse was to keep him and everyone else away from her. Eunmi forced herself to sleep afterwards, but the images and sounds from the werewolf transformations kept replaying in her head. She was a woman of science, and she had always thought that magical creatures only existed in the fairytales her grandfather had once told her. So what happened a week ago, when she literally saw four men get on all fours, grow fur all over their bodies, and turn into menacing creatures?

[INDENT] Her mind hurt thinking about how it was even possible for human transformations. Her stomach growled lowly much like the werewolves' growls. Squeezing her eyes shut, Eunmi fell back asleep; it was the only way to ignore her body's pleas.

[INDENT] Doojoon was busily working on some paperwork for his construction business when he heard sniffling outside his room. Immediately knowing who it was, he got out of his chair and walked out of the room. There, outside Eunmi's room, was a sniffling Dongwoon.

[INDENT] "E-eunmi-noona... Open the door..."

[INDENT] Doojoon's heart hurt watching the youngest pup of his pack be in such a state.

[INDENT] Dongwoon turned to look at Doojoon. "H-hyung... I haven't seen Eunmi in so long... I don't think she's eaten or drunk... Is she okay?"

[INDENT] Doojoon quickly rushed to Dongwoon and softly smiled. "Hey, she'll be alright. She just needs some space."

[INDENT] "Need some space? We've given her enough space! It's been a week!" Dongwoon cried out. "What... what if she's dead?"

[INDENT] Doojoon sighed. "She's not dead. If she was dead, Junhyung would have told us."

[INDENT] "No! I want Junhyung-hyung to check up on Eunmi-noona right now!" Dongwoon pleaded. Doojoon sighed in response. He couldn't help but give in to the pup's begging; after all, Dongwoon was the baby (and still is, despite him being a university student now) of the pack.

[INDENT] "Okay, I'll get Junhyung. I'll be--"

[INDENT] "What about me?"The two looked up to see Junhyung holding a carton of Chinese take-out.

[INDENT] Dongwoon whimpered. "Hyung, can you check to see if Eunmi-noona's alive?"

[INDENT] "Can't you just open the door and check?" Junhyung said as he inhaled the greasy scent of Chinese take-out.

[INDENT] "We were hoping to use your thermal imaging powers. We don't want to scare Eunmi even more if we tried entering her room." Doojoon said.

[INDENT] Junhyung huffed. "Alright. Hold my food." He pushed his food into Dongwoon's arms and walked up to Eunmi's bedroom door before he put his palm on it. After a couple of seconds, he removed his hand and turned to the other men. As Dongwoon gave Junhyung the food, he said, "She's alright, but she is very weak and cold. What should we do now, hyung?"

[INDENT] Doojoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Let's leave her some food and water. She might freak out and worry if we put anything in her food that'll make her turn into... well, us. But knowing her, she'll eat if she wants to live. If she starves any longer, she'll probably become ill."

[INDENT] "I'll make her some rice porridge!" Dongwoon piped up with excitement. He got up from the floor and hurried downstairs to the kitchen.

[INDENT] When Dongwoon was gone, Junhyung asked, "Do you want me to talk to Kikwang?"

[INDENT] Doojoon sighed. "As much as I would like to say yes, I can't. I'll go talk to him."

[INDENT] "Okay. Let me know when you want me to beat him into a pulp." Junhyung said with a smirk before retreating to his room.

[INDENT] With a sigh, Doojoon went up to Kikwang's room. As usual, it was closed shut. Doojoon loudly knocked on the door. "Open up, Kikwang."

[INDENT] "Leave me alone!" A muffled voice came from behind the door. Furrowing his eyebrows, Doojoon immediately opened the door, grabbed Kikwang by the neck, and pushed him onto the wall.

[INDENT] Doojoon glared at Kikwang with blazing eyes. "What do you want now, Leader-nim? Are you going to berate me again because of the human girl?" Kikwang taunted.

[INDENT] "Cut the crap, Kikwang," Doojoon snarled. "Before you had your powers, you were once a human too. We all were."

[INDENT] Doojoon c

Please log in to read the full chapter