Chapter 1. Minseok

To The End of The World

CHAPTER 1

Minseok’s POV

 

--

It is really hard to search for some jobs nowadays. I filed my application to every company I knew but -ugh- no one has ever contacted me since ages ago. Almost all of my friends have already found some work, and here I am. Left sitting alone, sipping some coffee while waiting for some lucky call to arrive to spice up my dull life. Basically, this is what I do everyday just to keep myself sane.

Another morning came, the light of the sun passing through the window and hitting my face. All of a sudden, my phone rang, waking up my senses, as I stared at the phone screen.

Jongdae.

“What do you freaking want so early in the morning?”

“Relax. I just wanted to see if you are still kickin’ and alive”. I can feel his goofy smile at the end of the line.

“Cut the chase out. What do you want?”

Silence.

“Do you want to go to your blind date #97? I swear I already picked a better one now.” What a beautiful way to start my morning.

“No. I am not going and will never be going in those kinds of dates anymore”.

“But-”

“No buts. Please quit being a matchmaker for me since I clearly told you I do not take interest in flirting right now.” I hang up.

My phone rang again.

“But I swear this is the best among the rest! You might regret it in your whole life if you won’t come over and see this one.”

I hang up for the same person again for the second time of the day.

When my phone rings for the third time, I answered it without looking at the caller, thinking it was still annoying Jongdae.

“For the last freaking time, I already said that -“

“Hello?” A cute but husky voice answered on the line.

I was bewildered since it was not Jongdae’s voice.

I took the courage to lift my phone’s screen and it was indeed not my friend.

I gulped.

“Hello?” He said again. “Hello? Is this Mr. Kim?”

It alerted my senses as I answered the unknown caller.

“Yes. That’s me. May I know who is on the line?”