Class 2-A

The Descendants: The Golden Era

At the blink of an eye, I went to grade 2 (눈 깜짝할 새 2학년이 돼)
Pulling on my chains again (또 방아쇠를 당겨)
cause time flowing fast
(Still everyday) Bang it bang it, bang it bang it
(Still everyday) Bang it bang it, bang it bang it
At the blink of an eye, I went to grade 2 (눈 깜짝할 새 2학년이 돼)
I only chased my dreams (꿈만 좇던 내가)
but now I’m setting the stage on fire (이젠 무대에 불을 내)

- Second Grade, BTS



"Hello?"

"Who's there- Oh, are you a transferee?" The nurse greeted. "Are you going to submit your medical records?"

 

The student nodded and gave the said files to the nurse. The latter gestured the transferee to have a seat before doing an assessment.

 

"So what year you are in?"

"I'm in my 2nd year."

"Wow, that's a rarity! You must've been very special for the chairman to accept your application."

 

The student just silently watched the nurse.

 

"Are you nervous about your first day?" The nurse asked, with the student just looking at him silently. "I guess, you are." The nurse smiled. "And I am done~"

 

The nurse gave the admission slip to the transferee and proceeded to give instructions.

 

"Since you are done here, you can proceed to your class, which is?"

"2-A"

"Oh my! You are special, just like the two students who just came in" The nurse grinned and pointed out the said students, one who is unconscious, and the other one who is very panicked. "Don't be nervous and do your best!"

 

The student nodded before standing up and thanked the nurse.

 

The nurse greeted back with a smile but remembered something. "Wait! Can I ask for your name, instead of me looking for it at your medical records?"

 

The student hesitated for a moment, but before leaving the nurse's office, the student complied with the nurse's request.

 

"Huang Zitao."



"Okay class, please get to your seats!"

 

The students immediately sat down since this teacher of theirs was a terror, according to the tales they heard from their seniors.

 

"My name is Park Yoochun, and I hope you all heard from your upperclassmen that I am a bit tight. I am very strict with the rules around here. If you are late, you'll get a surprise attack from me or from the class. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Mr. Park."

"Good. Well let's start with the roll call and the introductions."

 

Yoochun took his classlist from the desk before seating at the teacher's chair. But, even without looking from the whole room, he noticed that there are still students missing from their respective seats.

 

*knock knock*

 

"Who is it?" Yoochun asked but never bothered to even look as he already detected the presence of the person. "Kim Jongin. Why are you 5 minutes late?"

 

"I went to the bathroom."

 

Yoochun raised his eyebrows, making Kai fidget from his spot.

 

"You may come in, but next time, please avoid doing a bathroom break as early as this." Yoochun warned, as Kai nodded and quickly sat at his seat.

 

"What took you so long?" Chen whispered.

"I was too nervous." Kai explained, which made Chen raised his eyebrows.

 

"Okay-"

 

*knock knock*

 

"What now?!" Yoochun irritatingly said but he saw the newcomers showing their excuse letters immediately.

"What's with you, new kids? Are you that nervous to see me that you had to take a roundtrip to the clinic? Take your seats."

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun almost sprinted to their seats because they have heard of Park Yoochun. But they weren't nervous because of him though. It was the undivided attention the rest of the class was giving to the two of them.

 

Yoochun sighed deeply before speaking once again, "As I was saying-"

 

*knock knock*

 

"What is it now?" Yoochun was getting frustrated. He just wanted to finish the introduction quickly as possible.

 

Chen bit his lip to keep from laughing, earning a judging look from Kai who noticed.

 

"I'm sorry but, is this Class 2-A?" The mysterious student asked.

Relax Yoochun. We have a new student here. Be kind. "Yes, it is. Are you new here?"

 

The student nodded.

 

"Just take your seat, uhm, what's your name?"

"Huang Zitao" The mysterious student replied in a deadpanned manner.

 

Yoochun looked at the class list and pointed the seat where he is assigned.

 

"Sit there, Mr. Huang."

 

The black-haired new student only nodded silently and do as he was told. As he settled down on his seat, the Big 6 were glancing at the new student.

 

"He must be one of the transferees." Suho observed. The other two transferees aren't here yet but at least we would be able to look at their information one by one. He looked around to observe the two newcomers, plus the other new face in the class. Byun Baekhyun and Do Kyungsoo are already here, expecting their tardiness. The new face must be Kim Minseok. Suho sat comfortably before diverting his attention to Yoochun. 

 

"Okay, without further ado, let's start with the introductions for the new students here in Class 2-A. Start with your name and the class you are previously from. I'll be asking some questions to you so be prepared." Yoochun instructed, as the class responded with a nod. "Alright, let's call on the first one on the list. Byun Baekhyun."

 

Baekhyun stood up with confidence as the rest of the class were anticipating his introduction.

 

Only known as the Diva and having a mysterious connection in the past with Kris, Baekhyun was one of the unexpected persons to be included in such a prestigious class. No one has ever seen him battled through group stages to get here, so no one has information as to what Baekhyun's possible battle standing will be. Even the diva himself is clueless as to why he was included in the class.

 

"Ehem." Baekhyun cleared his throat. "My name is Byun Baekhyun, but call me Baekhyun. I am previously from Class 1-D."

"That's a huge jump. From Class D to A. What do you think is the reason you are here?"

 

Baekhyun could only shrugged his shoulders. Yoochun raised his eyebrows because he has a clueless student in front of him. Without any warnings, he prepped a magic circle beneath Baekhyun, prompting the former to move away with shock.

 

Raising his hand to prepare a magic circle as a threat, he replied, "If that's another bomb, I'll transfer out of here." Baekhyun panicked, earning laughs from the class.

Yoochun chuckled. "You have nice reflexes but this is not another bomb. Step inside. I just want to check your ability energy properties."

 

Baekhyun hesitantly stepped back in the magic circle, and inhaled deeply. Better trust the teacher.

 

"Activate: Energy Sequence." Yoochun chanted and the rest of the class anticipated as to what the results would be.

 

 

The magic circle beneath Baekhyun scanned the latter in a full body proportion in a few seconds before disappearing.

 

"Interesting." Yoochun muttered as he knew the results right away. This is a surprise. "I'll keep the results a secret, for now." Yoochun winked at the class, earning groans. "But all I have to say is, you have a very interesting ability, Baekhyun. You may take your seat." Baekhyun nodded, before taking his seat.

 

Chanyeol, whose curiousity is unsolved, turned to Kris to ask.

 

"Do you know Baekhyun's ability?"

Kris looked at Chanyeol with a murderous gaze, but the latter didn't flinch. "I have a slight glimpse of his ability." Kris kept his gaze on Baekhyun, his burning desire to bring down the diva. "But I am not sure if its his ability, exactly."

 

If Kris doesnt know Baekhyun's ability, why do I see his claws emerging slowly? Oh well, gotta wait and see. Chanyeol nodded slowly before paying attention again.

 

"Do Kyungsoo, you're up next." Yoochun called Kyungsoo, who rose up from his seat and stood in front of the class.

 

Why is Do Kyungsoo here anyway? Byun Baekhyun might have a mysterious background but his is more mysterious. He doesn't excel in any other way. Plus, he looks harmless. Suho continued to judge Kyungsoo.

 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo and I am previously from Class 1-C."

"Are you the Do Kyungsoo from the admission test?" Yoochun asked, the class' eyes now fully focused in front.

 

What does have he got to do with the admission test? Suho thought as he looked warily at Kris, who was pretty shocked from the news.

 

"Uh, yes?" Kyungsoo answered unsurely.

 

Yoochun inspected Kyungsoo clearly, simultaneously activating the magic circle. After a few seconds, Yoochun could only nod in amazement.

 

"Based on the results, you are, in no doubt, the Do Kyungsoo who performed so well in the Admission Test." Yoochun concluded, making Kyungsoo feel anxious at the attention he's getting.

 

Baekhyun smiled proudly as he was there to actually witness Kyungsoo's outstanding performance. That's an average guy for you.

 

"I don't want to keep you in the spotlight for long, but I guess you have caught the attention of your classmates here." Yoochun assured as he pointed out the undivided attention of Class 2-A to Kyungsoo, resulted from the curiosity of his exact ability. I wanna see him in action soon. Urgh, that little- he hyped me too much. "Take your seat now, Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo nodded and sat immediately, patting his face to regain back his color. He looked around the room and observed his classmates' reactions. Baekhyun's giving me his proud look.  Anyway, the rest of them are possibly gossiping about me, which is not good. Kyungsoo took one more look around before concluding his observations. What's worse? I got the attention of the Big 6. I hate my life.

 

Kyungsoo could only pray that the rest could leave him and his abilities alone.

 

"Next, let's welcome the new transferee, Huang Zitao."

 

The said student silently stood up and glanced around the room like a predator on the loose. Chen got goosebumps at the clear killing intent the new student was showing. Scary. I'll make sure I wont get on his nerves. Chen signalled a surrender sign to Suho, causing the latter to be annoyed.

 

Who else is brave enough to challenge this guy? Suho sighed annoyingly. We gotta rely on Kris about this.

 

Suho looked behind him and saw Kris looking at him. The tall blonde could only nod in defeat since he has no choice.

 

"Since you are a transferee here, tell us a bit about yourself." Yoochun added before gesturing the transferee to start his introduction.

"My name is Huang Zitao, but you can call me Tao. I am from Qingdao, China. I studied at the Qingdao Foreign Service Vocational School as a student athlete, majoring in Wushu. Please take care of me." Tao bowed deeply, as a formal greeting.

 

"China? So he's Chinese like Kris?" Chanyeol muttered to no one but Kris clearly heard what the former said.

A native from my homeland? Getting information from him wouldn't be so hard after all. Kris smirked, crossing his arms with confidence.

 

"Student athlete? How did you wind up here in Korea?" Yoochun asked nonchalantly.

"I was scouted by a representative from here. He said I should enroll in here as a transferee since he saw me fight." Tao warily glanced at Yoochun. "Should I show it?" Tao asked unsurely. Yoochun immediately waved his hands in the air. "Oh no, not here! You can't fight inside the classroom" He laughed nervously.  "But you can demonstrate your power soon. You may take your seat."

 

Tao nodded before silently getting back at his designated seat. Meanwhile, Suho was very wary at how Tao moves and speaks. This guy could be potentially dangerous. I hope he doesnt attempt to take our places.

 

"Next is Kim Minseok. Please stand up and introduce yourself."

 

The small, slightly chubby kid behind Chen stood up and went in front.

 

Kim Minseok. Why is that name familiar? Chen thought before taking a look at the new kid.

 

Minseok had a stoic, unreadable face until he saw Chen's face, looking at him with a judging look. Whilst Chen's mind wasn't able to comprehend the situation as he was stunned by the sudden resemblance of a familiar person in the past, Minseok's face turned serious and his body position went into an attack stance, alerting Yoochun.

 

"Summon: Bow" Minseok whispered.

 

 

"KIM JONGDAE! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME IN THE PAST!!!" Minseok immediately chanted a magic circle, while Chen quickly stood up and casted a defensive spell.

 

"CRAP! I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU FOR A SECOND!" Of all the times to attack, he actually attacked the unprepared me.

"Ice Release: Ice Arrows" Minseok's eyes glowed into a bright, light blue color as he executed his spell.

Chen crossed his arms to protect himself. "Type A: Shield"

"Whaaa!" The whole class panicked as they hid under their chairs.

 

Yoochun also took cover as Minseok's arrows were flying all over the place. I will never doubt how this kid ended here. Element Release at his young age? I wont be able to control this one easily.

 

"Kim Minseok! Stop, this instance!" Yoochun scolded but it was no use.

"I can't!" Minseok said as his arrows were shooting continuously. "What should I do?"

"Anyone, try to absorb Minseok's energy or knock him out before the room starts to collapse." Yoochun concluded as cracks were appearing around the room's ceiling. "We'll be buried alive in here."

 

"Do something, Chen!" Suho ordered as he raised a shield for himself since those ice arrows are uncontrollable.

Chen tried to activate his own element release but he can't as Minseok is keeping him busy. "I can't! My other arm is preoccupied!"

"Type A: Dragon's Roar!"

 

The loud roar from the rear back of the other students' shook the room in terror, while effectively stopping Minseok's rampage. The latter was pushed back so hard by the force of the roar that he bumped onto the table, rendering him unconscious.

 

Yoochun was the first one to recover, immediately going to Minseok's side, before checking his pulse. This kid's safe but I better bring him to the clinic. "Anyone from the class who can transport Kim Minseok to the Infirmary?"

 

"I will, teacher-nim." Kai raised his hand and quickly responded.

 

Without any other words, Yoochun could only give a singular nod to Kai, who teleported him and Xiumin to the infirmary. Its just the first day, and trouble already arrived.

 

"Okay, class. Thank you for responding immediately but see to it that your classmate doesnt get too hurt with the method you are using. Wu Yi Fan, I praise you for your quick-thinking but you have to control the volume of your roar. The impact of the soundwaves you produced was too much, thus the unbalanced force of Xiumin's grip onto the ground."

"I understand, teacher-nim." Kris nodded, taking note of this. I guess I showed-off too much.

Yoochun sighed as he analyzed his surroundings. "I guess I have to ask the maintenance to fix the walls." The class were astounded as not only there were ice arrows stuck in the ceiling but there were also visible cracks.

 

The volume of the soundwaves was extremely high. If Kris was out of control, the walls could have collapsed any second. What a powerful stance, I might say. Yoochun looked at Kris' unmatched aura. He's not Rank 1 for nothing.

 

"Everyone should take a break since we can't continue our discussion with a fragile classroom." Yoochun announced as he took his stuff. "Come back here in an hour. Maintenance should be done at that time. Dismiss."

 

The class quickly stood up with their belongings and went out of the room. As soon as the classroom was empty except for an astounded Yoochun, the latter released his deepest sigh yet.

 

"I'm getting a deja vu with this incident."



Sorry it really took so long!!!

I got busy with my studies so I have no choice. I have a bit free time so I hope I could refreshen my ideas in this story.

 

By the way, this is the current seating arrangement in Class 2-A:

Class 2-A Seating Arrangement
Han Sanghyuk (Hyuk) Do Kyungsoo Choi Minho Cha Hakyeon (N) Byun Baekhyun
Huang Zitao Jung Taekwoon (Leo) Kim Jongdae Kim Jonghyun Kim Jongin
Lee Hongbin Kim Wonsik (Ravi) Kim Minseok Kim Kibum Kim Junmyeon
Lee Jaehwan Lee Jinki Lee Taemin   Oh Sehun
    Wu Yi Fan Park Chanyeol  

 

See y'all on the next update!