003

Mr. Arrogant and Mrs. Cold Heart

Mr. Song gave the students sudden-test today. All of them grumbled and complained excluded the smart ones. Jiae sighed in relief because she had studied last night. Well, she wasn’t the part of the smart student, but she always tried to became one.

Jiae finished it an hour later, and Mr. Song let her to left the class. She took her book and went to library, quietly sat in the corner. It was quiet around her until she heard someone spoke, no two persons behind those racks.

“Is it good?”

“It’s really delicious.”

Jiae just shrugged it off, but she couldn’t hold her curiosity when they started made noises again. She quietly stood up and went to that rack. She pretended to search some book until she could saw them. The sight infront her made she shocked for a bit. The school’s ice princess was feeding the ice prince the food for lunch box. Myungsoo and Krystal. From what she knew, they were the two enemies who always bickering eveytime they met.

Without hesitation, she walked innocently to them.”What are you doing here?”

Krystal dropped the lunch box on her hand while Myungsoo choked on his food.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you guys. Please continue it…”

Jiae just turned around her body when Krystal called her.”Wait!”

“You are Yoo Jiae right?” She asked nervously.

“Yes.”

“Mmm…eerrr… please don’t tell to the others.”

“Tell them what?”

“What you just saw before, please…”

Jiae could see her pleaded eyes. She also saw Myungsoo was doing the same on Krystal’s back. 3 years being the student on this school, Jiae never expected these ‘ice’ icons to begging at her. In Jiae’s eyes, they looked arrogant. Yes they were. But Jiae didn’t give a about it, because they never messed with her. And that thing just hit her head, they were dating.

“Okay. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you. I was just reading my book at there when I heard noises came from here. Forgive my curiousity. I will pretend that I never saw that.”

“No, we are the one who should apologize.” Krystal smiled nervously.

Jiae smiled weakly.”Well, I will go now.”

Krystal nodded and with that, Jiae back to her seat to took her book and went from the library. That was really an unexpected thing. Jiae never thought that those two were dating. Well actually, she wouldn’t give a again about everything around her aside from something that included her or something that she thought thinking-worthy. That’s her promise to herself.

The bell was ringing when Jiae’s stomach screamed for food. What an exact time. She immediately went to the canteen and grabbed some foods and drink because she didn’t bring her lunch from home. Jia sat on her usual seat and focused to her foods. 5 minutes later, that big canteen already full with hungry teenagers. From afar, Jiae saw the Zelo guy from walked with his full tray together with a guy who was shorter than him. Her eyes followed him until he sat, and there she could see a group of boys sat on that place. Jiae could recognize some of them were seniors just like her.

“Oh, so that’s the ‘Hyungs.’”

Jiae back to her food again. She rarely could taste the food here since year ago. She always brought her lunch every day, but she had no idea why she forgot to bring it today. Jiae stopped when she heard a girl’s yell behind her and a boy who were arguing back. They were bickering again. Jiae didn’t need to turned around to saw. It was them, Krystal and Myungsoo.

Jiae smiled while eating the sausage. She thought it was cute. Don’t got the wrong thing, she’s a cold girl, but she’s still a girl. She thought like one. Back to the ‘ice’ icons, they were always like that since grade 10. And Jiae thought, maybe that’s why they hid their relationship.

The bickering session was end and Jiae saw Krystal walked away with her groups. Jiae stood up and brought her tray back to the counter. While she was walking, she looked at her watch. When she lifted her head, a boy who was just back from the counter was running towards her. Jiae frozen at her place while the boy seemed like lost his rein, and couldn’t stop his feet.

BOOM!

A loud sound from the fallen tray could be heard in entire canteen. Jiae and the boy gaped their mouth while looked to their own body. Sauces splattered on their faces and clothes. Salad’s leafs were patched on their faces and they smelled like orange juice.

“Oh my God!” that boy gritted their teeth while looking at Jiae. “YOU AGAIN! WHY YOU ALWAYS BUMPED ON ME!”

“YA! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DID THAT! LOOK! BECAUSE OF YOU, NOW I’M A MESS!”

“SO I AM! WHERE YOU PUT YOUR EYES, HUH!? PLEASE USE IT PROPERLY!”

“WHAT!? LOOK WHO’S TALKING. YOU SHOULD TELL THAT TO YOURSELF!”

“YOU BETTER-“

That boy stopped immediately when a guy stood between them.”What are you guys doing? Look around you.”

They immediately looked around them and realizing that they became the spectacle for all the students there. Jiae’s face became redden from angry and embarrassment.

“You two better clean yourself now,” the guy said.

Jiae left that place as soon as he said that, followed by Youngjae.

--

Jiae went out from toilet 10 minutes later. It took her long time, because the mess was no joke. The tip of her hair was wet because it also got the impact. She had entered the toilet along with Youngjae who entered the men’s toilet, but she did not see him anywhere around here now.

Jiae decided to back to canteen. Along the way up to canteen, the students were laughed and pointed at her. Jiae kept her head down, because it was so embarrassing. She had never faced something like this. This make her plan to graduate from High School with peace ruined.

Jiae took a peep inside the canteen. That place wasn’t crowded like before, maybe they already went to their class. She saw a worker was cleaning the mess that she made, um no that crazy boy made.

Jiae ignored the stares from the others and approached the worker.

“Ahjumma, please take a rest. I will clean this up, I was the one who made this.”

That Ahjumma turned her head and smiled.”Ah no, the recess time will be over in 5 minutes. You should go back to your class, or you’ll be late”

“Don’t worry, I can explain it later.” She grabbed the mop stick, and pushed that Ahjumma behind the counter.

She started to mop the floor and 5 minutes later the bell ringing. She ignored it and continued her work. She had no idea why the floor was so dirty.

Jiae startled when someone stood beside her and took the stick from her. “I will clean this from now.”

“Of course you to have to clean this, it were yours after all.” Jiae looked at his nametag. “Yoo Youngjae.”

“Yeah, but it became like this because of you.” Youngjae sneered while still mopping.

Jiae rolled her eyes. ”Look, you’re the one who bumped at me-“

“I was. But why you just stood there like that when you saw that I ran towards you?” Youngjae stopped and glared at her.

“What? So if someone crashed into a car, you will blame that person too?”

“I don’t talking about accident in street, I’m talking about you.”

Jiae just stood there without said nothing when Youngjae back to mop the floor. She had never met someone especially guy who was stubborn like him.

“Pig headed.” She muttered under her breaths.

“What!?”

“What?” She looked at him, lazily.

Youngjae frowned.”I heard you said something.” He said but Jiae didn’t reply it.

5 minutes later, Youngjae finished it up and put the mop to it places.”Look, I will forgive you for folded my book and made my uniform dirty, but don’t mess with me again.”

Jiae wanted to argue back at her remark, but she decided to give way for now.”Alright, thanks for your kindness. I will leave now.”

“Are you being sarcastic now?” Youngjae raised an eyebrow.

Jiae heaved a heavy sigh.”What do you want? Why you talking so much!? I already back down so just shut your mouth up!”

Youngjae was taken aback for a moment. He didn’t expect it, because girls never shouted at him like that.

“So rude for being a girl.”

“Whatever.”

And with that Jiae stepped out from that place.

It was 5 pm now and Jiae still on school, standing there watching the rain poured so hard. She had just finished her punishment for being late on class today. She clicked her tongue in irritation. She forgot everything today, first her lunch and now her umbrella. She had called her boss that she would be late today and told him the reason. But being a nice boss, he had just told her to rest on home. Jiae felt guilty, because it’s Friday and the café must be crowded and wanted to pay it on Saturday, even though it’s not her schedule.

Jiae looked at the sky and sensed that the rain wouldn’t stop in anytime soon. It was so cold and she tightened her jacket around her body. Felt bored, Jiae played with the raindrop that fell from the roof. And that the moment when she saw a guy came out from the main door. It was Myungsoo. Jiae was wandering why Myungsoo still in school at this hour. She looked at his clothes and he was wearing a white shirt and basketball’s pants. Maybe he was just back from practice.

Jiae just wanted to turn her head when she saw a girl approaching him. Jiae thought it was Krystal, but she’s wrong. It’s Bae Suzy. That girl was trying to touch Myungsoo but he kept pushed her and kept distance from her.

Jiae looked away from them. She sensed that something will happen, and she didn’t want to be a part of it. But she can’t held her curiosity and looked at them again. And that when she saw, Suzy kissed him on the cheek. Jiae widened her eyes and her jaw almost dropped to the floor. Still in her state, she saw Myungsoo pushed her and ran under the rain. Suzy stomped her foot but went back inside the school.

“What is that? Aish! Yoo Jiae, you should just keep your head down!” she hit her head. “Twice in a day, great.”

“I will pretend that I never saw that.” She said.

Jiae took a deep breath and released it slowly. She held both of her bag’s straps before ran away to the nearest bus stop.