April Thirteenth

April Thirteenth
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Title: April Thirteenth

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: KyuSung/ YeKyu

Genre: Romance, Angst

 

 

 

Happy birthday to my angel Jongwoon. Saranghaeyo♥

 

 

 

~~*~~

 

 

 

A knock sounded on the door but everything remained still and silent. Another knock came; this time slightly more panicked. Soon the knocks became pounding and not even two minutes later, the door was kicked open with a loud bang.

 

 

 

A slightly petite male rushed through the door, looking everywhere with frantic eyes. He gagged when the smell of gas reached his nose. He immediately ran into the kitchen, and turned the gas off. Then without a second thought, he sprinted towards another room.

 

 

 

He burst through the open door of the bedroom and gasped in utter horror. Although the man lying on the bed looked peaceful, the male knew he was lying way too still. Not wasting a second, he hurried over to the bed. With a bit of difficulty, he managed to manoeuvre the man onto his back. As soon as the male had a secure hold of the man, he walked as quickly as possible out of the house.

 

 

 

Outside the male dropped the man on his back gently onto the short grass. He took in some fresh, non-toxic air before bending of the man with a scared look. He felt for the man’s pulse but when he didn’t find one, he began to freak out.

 

 

 

“HYUNG! HYUNG WAKE UP!” The male shouted while shaking the man lying on the ground.

 

 

 

Shakily, the male fumbled for his phone and dialled for an ambulance. They said they’re on their way and will be there in a few minutes.

 

 

 

After the call, the male tried to see if the man was still breathing. He thought he felt a breath but he could have been imagining it. Tears began to form in his eyes as he tried to wake the man up again.

 

 

 

“Hyung, you can’t die. You can’t. Wake up, please.”

 

 

 

Soon sirens were heard as the ambulance arrived. Paramedics came and took the man on a stretcher and placed him in the back of the vehicle along with the now distraught male.

 

 

 

The ambulance sped away, leaving the street and house quiet, as if nothing had happened.

 

 

 

April 6, 2019

 

 

 

Kyuhyun had sunglasses and a black cap on, wearing a nondescript outfit. He pulled a single grey suitcase along behind him. Emerging from the arrivals gate, he walked straight passed all the people holding signs and craning their necks to see the passengers coming out of the gate. He purposely organised it so no one came to pick him up because Kyuhyun wanted to be by himself for a while.

 

 

 

Coming back to South Korea after all these years gave Kyuhyun mixed feelings. On the one hand he was really glad to be back; he’d missed his home country. But on the other, there was everything he’d run away from. Like a coward, he’d left the love of his life because he was confused and didn’t know what to do. And now, Kyuhyun was regretting everything. Because in the seven years he was away, not for one moment did he forget about his lover. In those seven years, he’d matured and thought everything through and realised how stupid he was to leave.

 

 

 

With a sigh, Kyuhyun stopped at the taxi stand and hailed one of the many taxis that were waiting to pick up passengers. The taxi driver placed his suitcase in the boot while Kyuhyun got into the back of the taxi. He told the driver his destination and remained silent for the rest of the ride while thoughts filled his mind.

 

 

 

A good hour later, the taxi pulled up outside an impressive looking house. It was much larger than your average house and could almost be called a mansion. Kyuhyun paid the taxi driver before exiting and retrieving his suitcase. After the taxi left, Kyuhyun turned to take in the obviously luxurious house. He pressed the code and the tall black gates opened. By the time Kyuhyun had walked up the smooth gravel path to the house, the front door was open and a middle aged woman had appeared.

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, welcome home!” The woman hugged Kyuhyun who smiled and hugged her back.

 

 

 

“Umma, I missed you.” Kyuhyun mumbled before stepping away.

 

 

 

“Oh you, hurry up and come in.” Kyuhyun’s mother said, ushering her son inside while a maid came and took Kyuhyun’s suitcase.

 

 

 

Upon entering the spacious living room, Kyuhyun stopped and tensed. Another male was sitting on one of the couches, back facing Kyuhyun. When the other heard movement, he turned around and stood up with a beautiful smile.

 

 

 

“Kyu, you’re finally here. I missed you.” The shorter male said as he walked to Kyuhyun, giving him a tight hug.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun managed a smile and hugged the other back lightly. “It was only two weeks Minnie.”

 

 

 

“Sungmin-ah really missed you. He was here pretty much every day looking at all the pictures of you around the house Kyu.” Kyuhyun’s mother told his son with a laugh.

 

 

 

“Umma, I just didn’t want you to be lonely.” Sungmin whined in embarrassment as he moved a step out of Kyuhyun’s embrace.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun felt guilty, just like he had been since he consolidated his true feelings, as he was again reminded how sincere Sungmin was and how much the other man loved him. Kyuhyun didn’t want to break another heart but Sungmin deserved so much better.

 

 

 

“Anyway, Sungmin-ah was very helpful with the wedding preparations and everything even got finalised earlier than planned.” Kyuhyun’s mother announced happily causing Sungmin to be embarrassed once again and Kyuhyun to cringe slightly on the inside.

 

 

 

“Ah, I see. Um… I’m a bit tired from the flight so…” Kyuhyun trailed off, trying to excuse himself without seeming abrupt.

 

 

 

“Oh! The long plane flight must have been exhausting. Go rest Kyuhyun-ah.” Kyuhyun’s mother said while pushing Kyuhyun softly towards the stairs to the second storey.

 

 

 

“I’ll talk to you later Minnie.” Kyuhyun muttered before retreating to his bedroom.

 

 

 

Sungmin watched Kyuhyun walk away with an understanding but sad smile. He knew the main reason the other left wasn’t because he was tired.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

The sun was setting, lighting the sky up in beautiful shades of pink and purple. Everyone was hurrying home, eager to spend time with their family after a whole day of work. And Kyuhyun… he was going home too. To the home he once shared with his boyfriend.

 

 

 

Even though it has been so long, Kyuhyun was hoping the other hadn’t moved. He wanted to see the other again. He really did miss his love. Though he probably couldn’t call the other his anymore. But if the other was still there; Kyuhyun didn’t even know what he should say. What could he say? The other probably hated him.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun stopped at the front of a familiar house. He saw warm yellow light seeping through the slightly translucent curtains and the faint sound of voices. Should I go in? Or should I just stay away like I have for the last seven years? Kyuhyun thought to himself. After debating internally, Kyuhyun finally sighed and began making his way to the door. Whatever. I can’t stop ignoring this anymore. No matter what the outcome is, I have to tell the truth.

 

 

 

Nervousness began to build up inside Kyuhyun as he hesitantly knocked on the door. His heart sped up and his palms became sweaty as he heard the sound of feet getting closer to the door. Kyuhyun tried to take deep breaths to calm himself.

 

 

 

The door swung open and a slightly petite male was revealed.

 

 

 

“Hello, how can I hel-” The male stopped suddenly as he took in the appearance of Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun almost gasped in surprise as he recognised the male. That meant he still lived here.

 

 

 

The other male was speechless as he just stared at Kyuhyun. His hand was still on the door knob and his mouth open from speaking before.

 

 

 

Then a voice, much too familiar to Kyuhyun's ears even after so much time had passed, rang out and a figure came into the hall.

 

 

 

"Ryeowookie, who is it?"

 

 

 

That sweet voice drifted to Kyuhyun and he couldn't help but stare as the man walked closer and closer.

 

 

 

As soon as the man caught sight of Kyuhyun though, his eyes widened and he froze like a statue.

 

 

 

For a good minute, they all stared at each other. Kyuhyun took in the other's face - his black and slightly wavy hair, his mesmerizing brown eyes, his cute nose, his pretty pink lips. The other still looked as breathtaking as Kyuhyun remembered and didn't seem to have aged in the slightest.

 

 

 

Finally after an uncomfortable amount of stunned silence, Kyuhyun spoke.

 

 

 

"H-hey." Kyuhyun said almost inaudibly but in the stillness, it was heard clearly.

Please log in to read the full chapter