Chapter 5

Trapped By Your Love

A/N: Here comes Chapter 5. Sorry in advance for any mistake.

Chapter 5

It was night time. And Bom was sitting alone at the living room on the second floor watching the television. Everyone else had their own engagement outside or simply disappeared to their room. Bom noticed that Dongwook had return to the house earlier but she quickly went to her room to avoid him, afraid that he was still mad at her for this morning. She didn’t want to be scrutinized by him again so she felt like it was best to stay out of his path until his mood had improved.

She was so focused on watching Runningman on the television when she heard someone ascending up the stairs. She looked to her left and saw Chanyeol with a plastic bag in his hand smiling widely at her.

“Noona!” He exclaimed grinning even wider at the sight of her.

“Oh Chanyeol-ah, you’re early today,” she said taking note of the time. It was only 9pm. The young man didn’t usually come home until dawn because of his practice. EXO really worked hard for their comeback album.

“Yeah, we finish practice early today,” he replied getting up the stairs and straight towards her excitedly. She really thought he was cute with his childlike eagerness. “Noona look what I bought for you,” he said showing her the white plastic bag.

Bom was shocked at that. “You bought something for me?” She asked looking at the plastic bag in interest. She wondered what it could be.

Chanyeol sat comfortably besides her, opening the plastic bag and showed her the content inside it.

With a curious glance, Bom peered inside the bag and her eyes widened in excitement. “Corn!” She shrieked, getting excited seeing her favorite food. “Yah Chanyeol-ah, you’re the best!” She exclaimed, wrapping the younger boy in a tight hug. The startled EXO member grinned sheepishly at her, patting her back in an awkward gesture at the over energized girl. “Thank you Chanyeol,” she said as she let him go.

“You’re welcome Bom-noona,” he replied. “Let’s eat,” he said handing her a roasted buttered corn.

Bom nodded excitedly at him but her eyes never leaving the golden buttery treat in front of her. The aroma emitted from the sweet corn wafting through her nose making watered a little. “It smells so good Chanyeol-ah,” Bom said.

Chanyeol chuckled at her childish behavior and told her. “Just eat noona,” he said as he too grabbed a corn and have a bite.

No longer could contain herself, Bom took a decent bite of the corn and marveled at the way it tasted on her taste bud. She moaned at the sweet delicious taste and looked at Chanyeol like he was a savior. “It’s delicious,” she informed him.

Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

“Where did you buy this anyway?” She asked taking another bite of the corn.

“Near SM building,” he said. “I was eating with my members when I saw this stall selling roasted corn, so I thought I would buy some for you since you love corn so much,” he explained.

“Wahh… I’m touched that you know my favorite food,” Bom said in honesty. “Thank you for this Chanyeol-ah. Let’s go there together someday,” she suggested. “I need to know where I can get a delicious supply of roasted corn in the area.”

Chanyeol laughed heartily at her reasoning but agreed to her nonetheless. “No problem noona.”

They were having fun talking with each other while munching on the roasted corn that Chanyeol brought when Dongwook suddenly came out of his room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol didn’t know what to make if the main vocalist of 2NE1, Park Bom. This noona really was different than any woman he ever met. She was funny albeit a bit naïve sometimes. He much like everyone else practically knew that. But since he joined Roommate and had the chance to observe her in person, he knew other side of her that was not yet revealed to the world. She’s blunt, kind, easily tricked and idiotic sometimes but most importantly she was an honest person. She wore her expression on her sleeves. She was like an open book, everything was shown on her face regarding on what she was feeling.

 So he was glad to see the happy glow on her face when he brought her those corns, her favorite food. He was glad that he came home early from practice because he could spend more time with her. He didn’t have much interaction with her before so it was a bit awkward between them but it gradually changes with time. They had fun talking with each other and he liked the smile on her face and the sound of her laughter when he was joking with her.

But the smile on her face was wiped out when one person approached them from his room. Dongwook sat in front of them with a serious expression on his face. So he wondered what was wrong with him as he rarely show that kind of expression before.

“Hi hyung,” he greeted with a smile of his own but his mind was busy thinking about what was wrong with the actor.

“Hi Chanyeol-ah, you come home early tonight,” he said.

“Yes, practice finishes early today,” he supplied. “Please have some corn, I buy this on my way home,” he offered.

“Thank you, I will have some later,” he said. “But Chanyeol-ah, can you leave me alone with Bom for a while. I need to talk with her for a moment,” he asked.

What? He thought silently, quite shocked at the request. What’s the meaning of this? Did something happen earlier when I wasn’t home? He looked back and forth between those two trying to deduce what could be the problem they were having.

He suddenly felt a warm touch on his hand and he looked down to see Bom’s hand gripping his own in a tight grip. Their hands were hidden behind a small fluffy pillow on the sofa so he didn’t think that Dongwook saw that little gesture. He looked at Bom with a questioning gaze, but she refuse to look at him in the eye. Now he really wondered about what had happen. She had the troubled look on her face and he had a feeling that she didn’t want him to go and leave her alone with Dongwook. But he had no choice in this, so he gripped her hand tighter and spoke to her. “Noona, we’ll talk again after this okay,” he said.

Bom finally looked at him with a defeated look. “Okay,” she nodded with a small sigh. She let go of his hand and he left the leaving room with a heavy heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwook could tell that she was nervous. How could he not, she was fidgeting in her seat and the look on her face was a dead giveaway. Her eyes wandered around the living room but never his face. And she looked like she had a battle in her head, trying too hard to stay calm. There was too many expression flashed across her face. One second she was frowning, the next her upper lip quirked upward in annoyance, probably at herself for failing in staying calm and later she worried her lower lips with her teeth in her nervousness.

She sat there on the couch in front of him, her back straight with her hands were placed on her knees, clenching it tightly. She looked like a child with her hands caught in the cookie jar, waiting to be scolded by her parents. Dongwook mentally sighed. Why was she behaving this way when he was the one in the wrong here?

“Bommie-ah,” he called.

“Oppa, sorry. I’m so sorry about this morning,” she cut him off and apologized, as she rubbed her hands in front of her face with an apologetic face. “I promise I won’t leave the kitchen messy next time.”

Dongwook was bewildered. Did she think that he was mad at her because of the kitchen? It was mean of him but he was grateful that she was dense some times. “Why are you sorry? I’m the one who should say sorry to you,” he said.

He saw Bom looked at him in shock. “Then, you’re not going to scold me for this morning?” She asked, blinking innocently at him.

“No,” he said. “I’m sorry if you are hurt by my behavior this morning, I’m having a bad day and it was wrong of me to treat you and Kangjoon like that. So, I’m sorry,” he said earnestly. He knew that they were being recorded but he paid no mind to it. He took both of her hands in his and held them gently on his lap, brushing the back of it with his thumbs. He saw the questioning look on her face but she made no move to remove her hand from his grip. “So do you forgive me?” He asked apologetically.

“Of course I forgive you,” she said softly. He could see the tears gathering in her eyes and he cursed himself for being the reason for it. “I was so worried about you earlier. You are always so calm and collected it makes me wonder what kind of trouble you’re facing that make you behaving so unlike yourself,” she said as she dropped her gaze to their clasped hands.

“I’m sorry. You don’t have to worry about that okay. Everything is settled now,” he said with a smile, trying to cheer her up.

Bom nodded. “And you have to apologize to Kangjoon too, he was only trying to help me this morning,” she reminded.

“I already apologized to Kangjoon and he was cool with it,” he informed.

“That’s good then,” she said as she slowly took her hands away from his clasp and he made no move to stop her. Suddenly he felt a little embarrassed at his display of affection. Well, it did feel like a good idea back then.

He cleared his throat to alleviate the sudden awkward silence generated between them. It was only a few seconds passed but it sure did feel like a lifetime to him.

“Well, I guess I’m heading to bed now, I have an early shooting tomorrow,” he said.

“Okay, goodnight oppa,” Bom said with a smile.

“Goodnight,” he replied as he got up from his seat. “Don’t stay up too late,” he reminded her.

“Okay,” she nodded. After that, he walked away leaving her alone at the living room, feeling like a burden had been lifted off his shoulder.

 

To be continued...

 

A/N: I admit that there’s not much going on in this chapter. But the next one will be better I guess.

Thank you to all readers who upvoted, subscribed and reviewed this story. I really appreciate it.