END

Make Him

This is the end. Thank you very much :)

***

 

Aileane decided that this would be the last time. She knew she doesn't deserve Yuri. She knew Yuri is too much for her, even if she loves him. So, this would be the last time that she would run away. This would be the last time that she would let Yuri go. Because once she did this, there wouldn't be next time. She knew she wouldn't be able to find someone the same as Yuri.

What Rina said affected her. She already admitted it. However, what Rina said was right. Or she thought it was. Whatever it was, she had already decided. She would end this. For the last time.

She looked up at Yuri. She felt the warmth starting to build up in her eyes when she saw his eyes. They were hopeful. She parted her lips to speak but no word seemed to come. So she just shook her head slowly.

"W-what?" Yuri asked. His voice was broken.

"I don't want you to fight for me," she said.

Before she saw how hurt Yuri was, she turned her back and ran.




"Hey Chinen."

Yuri was startled when he heard Kota's voice. He stopped walking and turned around to face their team captain. "Yabu-kun."

"Everything's fine now." Kota smiled. "I managed to tell everyone about the truth. Some already said sorry. And Rina....well, she's still mean but it's fine."

"Thank you, Yabu-kun," he angrily said.

"Huh? Did something happened?"

"Yeah. Sorry senpai. I need to be alone. I'm really mad right now."

After answering, he started walking again. He couldn't believe it! Aileane left him again. Aileane gave up. He was the one who'll fight so he had to be the one to decide when to give up.

He wouldn't allow this to end. Maybe Aileane just got hurt that's why she said that. Yeah. Maybe she just got hurt.

Once he was at the school gate, he went out even though classes were still ongoing. He decided to cut classes since he knew he wouldn't be able to focus. He didn't know where to go so he just decided to walk around the city to kill time and cool his mind. He didn't need to go back to school later since he already brought his bag with him.


It was already 6:30 pm. Yuri went to a convenience store and bought two chicken sandwiches and two orange juices. Those were the snacks Aileane and him were eating before whenever they go to a convenience store.

Tonight, he planned on meeting Aileane to talk about things. He couldn't wait for tomorrow to come. He wanted to fix everything as soon as possible. He didn't want to act when Aileane is already gone.

After buying, he went to a big park. The playground only covered a small space. It was also where he used to practice soccer even though there wasn't a net since it was wide.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and sent Aileane a message.




After eating dinner, Aileane hurried to her room and lied down her bed. It was a tiring day today. After talking to Yuri, she went back her classroom. And it was weird because her classmates approached her like nothing happened. She got tired thinking of what happened.

She sighed. She wasn't able to see Yuri after class. Well, they already ended, right? So there would be no reason for them to see each other again. Perhaps they'll let each other heal first before meeting again.

She closed her eyes so that she could sleep. She heard a faint sound of a beep but ignored it. After just a few minutes, she fell asleep.


Aileane slowly opened her eyes. She shifted her blurred vision to her phone. Since she didn't have any clock inside her room, she opened her phone and looked at the time. It was just 12:33 in the morning.

"I must sleep again," she murmured.

She was about to put her phone back to the study table beside her bed when she noticed the message notifications. There were 6 messages. She stared at those with confusion. She opened it and saw that all were from Yuri.

6:45 pm
'Hey. Meet me at the big park. I'll be waiting.'

7:05 pm
'Please come and see me.'

8:03 pm
'Where are you? I'm waiting.'

8:50 pm
'It's getting cold here Ai-chan. Please come. I won't leave until I see you.'

10:23 pm
'Where are you? :( I'm waiting.'

11:50 pm
'Please come. Please come. Please come. Let's talk. Please.'


Her eyes widened. He waited for hours? It's cold out there!'

She was about to reply and tell him that she won't come when a notification popped out telling that her phone was out of battery. She threw her phone in her bed in frustration. She let out a loud sigh. "He must have gone home by now. Right. He's home now," she whispered to herself.

She lied down her bed again. She wouldn't go. He might be at home now. He wouldn't wait until sunrise, anyway.

She stood up. Who was she kidding? She would definitely go! What if Yuri was still there? She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if something bad happened to him. Yes, she already ended what's between him and her but she couldn't stop caring.

She grabbed a jacket from her cabinet and went out of her room. She was startled when she saw her father walking toward her parents' room.

"Where are you going, princess?" Her father's voice was sharp.

She closed her eyes tightly. Her father wouldn't allow her to go out at this time. 'What should I do?'




It was already past 12 midnight yet no Aileane came. Yuri stared at the ones he bought from the convenience store. He took a deep breath. "This is the end, I guess."

He put the sandwiches and cans of juice inside his bag. He stood up and started walking away the park. His mom had been calling him for a lot of times so he really needed to go back. He was waiting for nothing, after all.

His house was only a walking distance from the park but he had been walking for almost an hour. He didn't want to go back home. But his mother was already worried. So he decided to walk slowly so that it would take a lot of time before he reach home.

He suddenly stopped walking. 'What f Aileane came?' He shook his head. She wouldn't come. He must stop hoping.

He continued walking.




Aileane was running as fast as she can. She was allowed to be out but her father asked her to bring any cellphone so she brought her father's phone. She was only allowed to be out for a half hour.

The park was already at her sight but she couldn't see Yuri. The park seemed empty. But she never stopped running.

When she was already near the park, she didn't saw anyone there. She slowed her pace. Yuri wasn't there. He wasn't there.

"Ai-chan!"

She looked at sidewalk and saw Yuri running toward her. With an unknown reason, she felt her eyes get warm. "Chii-chan!" She ran toward him.

They welcomed each other with an embrace. She started crying. "I'm sorry for making you wait for so long, Yuri. I'm really sorry. I love you. Sorry."

She felt his embrace became tighter so she tighten her embrace too. "I love you too. Stop crying okay? It's alright."

Instead of stopping, she cried even more. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I love you. I don't want us to end. Sorry. I'm really sorry."

"I know. It's okay." He kissed the top of her hair. "I won't let us end anyway."

She looked up at him. "I'm really sorry for everything. For hurting you...For breaking you every time."

"I told you, it's alright." He showed a small genuine smile. "You don't break me. You make me. Without you, I'm broken. I'm not Yuri Chinen. Yes, you're hurting me because of your decisions but it's okay for be to be hurt than to be broken because you're not there with me. I don't mind if I'll get hurt many times just stay with me. Don't leave me."

"But I don't deserve you," she said. "I'm always hurting you but you're always making me happy."

"For your information, Ai-chan, you aren't hurting me everyday. You're just hurting me whenever you are thinking of leaving me." He let out a soft chuckle. "So stop thinking like that. Besides, Yabu-kun already talked to the students and told them that we are the ones who are together, not me and Rina."

She smiled. "I love you. I will not think of leaving you again."

He returned the smile. "I love you too. And I will never allow you to leave me again."

As Yuri leaned down, Aileane closed her eyes. As soon as she closed her eyes, his soft lips touched hers. For the two of them, it wasn't just a simple kiss. It was a promise. It was Aileane's promise that she would never leave again. It was Yuri's promise that he would not allow her to leave him. And it was a promise that the two love each other.