Chapter 1 : Come Back

Make Him

"Are you sure about this, princess?" Aileane's father asked her, worrying. 

 

It's already the start of spring. Since they already came back to Japan, Aileane decided to go back to her old school. Or should I say, she decided to go back to him. She studied at Canada for a year because of she and her father's agreement. 

 

"Of course dad!" She exclaimed cheerfully. "I'm more than a hundred percent sure about this!"

 

Her father let out a chuckle. "Okay then. But if you want to change your decision, just tell me okay?" He kissed his daughter's cheek and then walked back toward his car. "By the way, this doesn't mean that I'm already approving the two of you okay? Let him prove himself to me first." Then, he entered his car.

 

Once the car left, Aileane let out a soft sigh. "Really, dad.."

 

She entered the school. She smiled when she saw the familiar environment. "I miss this," she whispered to herself. She continued walking until she reached the board where the room assignments were written. She looked for her name and saw it immediately. After that, she also looked for her boyfriend's name, Yuri Chinen. 

 

"Ah! There it is," she pointed his name. Unfortunately, they weren't classmates.

 

"MINNA, THE CLASSES WILL START IN TEN MINUTES," an announcement was heard from the speaker. 

 

All of the students hurriedly went to their classrooms. Aileane shook her head. "I guess I'll just talk to him later." Then, she started walking toward her room. She knew how to get there, of course! 

 

When she was already at the corridor of the whole grade ten, it was crowded. She was about to step when she saw Yuri. She froze. She felt the excitement she kept since the day before she went home. She stared at him, remembering all his features. His brownish hair was up, showing his forehead. His eyes were as dark as before. His lips were, of course, smiling. However, beside him was a girl. The girl was clinging her arms into his.

 

Aileane frowned. 'Who's that girl?' She was about to went to Yuri but the bell already rang. So, she just hurriedly went to her room. She'll see him later, by the way.

 

Time flew fast. It was already dismissal time. She hadn't spoke to Yuri yet. She didn't see him during the breaks. Now, she was walking toward the school's soccer field. She's sure that he's there. Yuri loved soccer a lot. 

 

When she reached the soccer field, she was welcomed by shouts, cheering for the players. Expectedly, she saw Yuri running on the field. She sat on the bleachers. She longingly watched Yuri as he play. She missed him. Very much.

 

"GO CHI!" a girl behind her shouted. 

 

She glanced at her back and saw the girl clinging on Yuri's arm earlier. She shrugged her shoulders and fixed her gaze at the game in front. As soon as she searched for Yuri, their eyes met. His eyes widened in surprise. She grinned and showed a small wave. His eyes stared at her intently for few seconds. His face was just serious. Then he turned his back and started playing again. 

 

"Weird," she mumbled. 'Isn't he happy to see me? He didn't even smile at me.'

 

After the game, the players sat in the middle of the field. All of them were exhausted. Yuri's team won the game. All of them were happy. Well, except for Yuri. He was just serious.

 

After a while, Aileane decided to go to him. She ran toward him and shouted, "Chii-chan!"

 

Yuri immediately stood up when she reached him. He ran his fingers through his hair that was dripping with sweat. He stared at her, his eyes showed that he missed her but his face didn't show any expression.

 

"Hi!" Aileane greeted cheerfully.

 

"So, you're back," Yuri told her with a cold tone. 

 

She frowned because of the guy's reaction. "I am. Aren't you happy to see me?"

 

He ignored her question. "Since when?"

 

"Just, yesterday," she answered. Yes. She just arrived yesterday. However, since she was excited to see him, she didn't mind going to school the next day. 

 

He nodded and walked pass her. Her jaw dropped. Why was he cold? Before he could go away from her, she grabbed his arm. "A-are you mad?" she asked, stuttering.

 

He frowned and took back his arm. "Why would I?" He shook his head and continued walking.

 

She watched him go away. Then, he stopped walking. She thought he would go back and tell her that he was just acting but she saw the girl earlier. She hugged him and he smiled. She even heard some of their conversations.

 

"Omedetou, Chii!" the girl said.

 

Yuri grinned. "Arigatou, Rina-chan."

 

"You've done great!" The girl named Rina poked his cheek. "So, are you going to treat me?"

 

He laughed. "Well, okay. If that's what you want. Anything for you."

 

Aileane felt her heart being squished. Well, it was just so great. She came back for him yet it seemed like she shouldn't have came back. Seriously, why was he mad? 

 

"Aileane." She immediately turned around when she hear her name being called by Yuri. "Let's...uhm...talk."

 

Yuri walked and she followed him. No one was talking. She wanted to start a conversation but she felt like it's not the right time to start one. Their atmosphere was weird. She wasn't used to it. They were just silent and awkward. 

 

They stopped walking when they reached a crowdless place. Yuri faced Aileane and looked at her and it seemed like he was scanning her face. He sighed and closed his eyes and opened it again. 

 

"So.....how are you?" Aileane started the conversation. "Are you angry at me?"

 

Yuri bit his lower lip before answering. "I'm fine. And uhm I already have someone."

 

She widened her eyes. "What?! You mean, w-were over?!" she asked with disbelief.

 

"Yeah. I'm sorry," he said, almost a whisper.

 

She gulped before continuing. "What the hell happened?" she asked in frustration.

 

He laughed sarcastically. "What? You're asking what the hell happened? Well, if you don't remember, you left me last year, without me knowing the reason."

 

"I thought you'll wait." She bit her lip and looked at her feet. 

 

"You expected that I'll wait for you? Sorry. I didn't."

 

She wanted to tell him the reason why she left but she was afraid. She was scared that he might not believe her reason. Yes, he was understanding but in their situation, he might not be as understanding as before. 

 

"That's all. I just want to say that we're over. I thought you won't come back."

 

Yuri started walking away. Aileane felt her eyes getting warm. She wanted to cry because of frustration. She never thought that he would not wait for her. However, she wasn't the type of girl who would just give up. To be honest, she could be mean sometimes. I just depend on her. She wanted him. She won't let him go. She knew that he still love her because if he's really over her, he would not treat her this way.

 

"I came back for you. Now, you're coming back to me." She forced a small grin.