RMB - 6

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

 

Niel got out of the car and neaten his coat. Looking at Minsoo, who had come round from his side of the car, he asked, “Do I look okay?”

 

More than okay, was his private reaction, but all he said was, “You look nice.”

 

Niel smiled. “Thanks. Can’t be looking bad in front of whoever this potential client is that Byunghun wants to introduce us to.”

 

“You’ll be fine,” Minsoo assured Niel, as they walked towards the garden.

 

Chanhee in his Hot pink long coat matched with a white polo shirt underneath saw them and came to greet them. He was followed soon after by Byunghun well-matched Red and black printed formal suit, which calmly strolled up and drawled, “Niel, good of you to come. Ah, Minsoo, I see you’re here too.”

 

Minsoo gave him an even stare, nodding in greeting. Chanhee shot Byunghun a severe look.

 

“Be nice.”

 

“I haven’t said anything that’s not nice yet,” said Byunghun, defensively. “Matter of fact, I was just about to compliment them on their delightful outfit.”

 

Niel turned a distinct pink colour. It had happened that both of them had chosen to wear similar stripes pattern – He had on a B/W stripes coat and Minsoo wore a simple B/W polo shirt and black pants. It had given him a slight shock when he saw him and instantly saw the similarities in pattern, but there wasn’t anything that could be done about it at the time.

 

“It was a coincidence, Ljoe,” said Minsoo. “And, given certain circumstances” – he gave him a meaningful glare at that – “I suppose it doesn’t matter if we do happen to match. After all, you’re the one who asked your guests to come as pairs.”

 

Before Byunghun could come up with a suitable retort, Chanhee poked him hard on the arm. “Stop teasing. Coincidences happen. And besides, Minsoo’s shirt is rather more of a greyish colour than black and somehow the lines were uneven. But of course, you wouldn’t be able to tell.”

 

“I can see colours as well as design too,” snapped Byunghun.

 

“I’m sure you can. You just can’t differentiate them,” Chanhee said. “It takes the trained eye of artists to do that, right, Niel? Now…” Chanhee took hold of Byunghun’s arm before he can response with his comment “I’ll be right back. Just let me deposit this guy somewhere first so he doesn’t bother us so much. Have a drink or something in the meantime.” He waved a hand towards the tables where the food and drink were, before hauling him off.

 

Niel smiled wryly, watching the arrogantly famous LJOE being bossed around by someone else for once. “In spite of it all, I think Chanhee’s rather fond of Ljoe, actually,” Niel said. “As friends, anyway.”

 

Minsoo felt that Byunghun was getting his just desserts if Chanhee was ordering him around. He deserved it. The great rapper LJOE had became a chicken, thanks to the great diva LEE CHANHEE, who is the only one that can do that.

 

Minsoo looked at Niel and saw that there was still a faint blush across his cheeks.

 

“Don’t worry about it.

“Hm?”

 

“The outfit thing. Don’t mind it.”

 

“Oh…” Minsoo glanced away for a moment, hoping Niel hadn’t gone red again at the reminder. “Yea, I know…”

 

“And if I’m here as your date today, I think it’s all right if we match in outfit for once.”

 

Niel turned at the unexpected statement, and got an even bigger surprise. Minsoo was smiling at him – a small smile, but one of his charming smiles. Niel just stared at him CAPtivated with those smile until Minsoo speak again.

 

 

“Do you want to get something to eat?”

 

“Su-Sure.” Niel stuttered.

 

***

 Byunghun walked over to his friends, his right hand rubbing his left shoulder. Chanyeol looked at him.

 

“What’s wrong with your shoulder?”

 

“I hit something,” he said. More like something hit me, he thought, grimly. Chanhee had hit him on the shoulder a little harder than usual after telling him in no uncertain terms to stop teasing Niel. For someone who is so skinny, Chanhee had an awfully strong hand.

 

“Oh? Unusual for you to be so clumsy,” said Luhan, placidly.

 

“Where’s Baekhyun?” Byunghun asked Chanyeol, wanting to change the subject as quickly as possible.

 

“He went over to get desserts with Xiumin,” he replied.

 

“Ah. And where’s Jeongmin himself?”

 

“Don’t know. He got a phone call and walked off somewhere.”

 

“Where’s Chanhee?” queried Chanyeol. “I thought I saw him with you earlier.”

 

“He went to talk to Jiyong.”

 

“Chanhee? So Chanhee is finally yours, Byunghun?” Luhan looked curiously at him.

 

“he wishes,” said Chanyeol, before Byunghun could answer, and pretended not to see the death glares the blonde sent his way.

 

Luhan gave an exaggerated astonished gasp. “The great Ljoe is still having trouble in getting Chanhee’s heart? I wouldn’t have believed it!” 

 

“I’ll have you know that Chanhee’s here today as my date,” Byunghun said.

 

“And I’ll bet you bribed him into it somehow,” said Chanyeol immediately.

 

Byunghun’s expression turned haughty. “The great Gangjoe doesn’t need to do such a thing.”

 

Silence.

 

Chanyeol stared blankly at him and Luhan cocked his head to one side and looked at Byunghun.

 

“Whatever made you do that, Byunghun?” Luhan asked, innocently. “That’s rather underhanded for you.”

 

Byunghun felt the metaphorical vein in his head go ‘pop’. Obviously, Chanyeol and Luhan were deriving a lot of fun out of this. They were practically laughing at him now.

 

“what’s the joke?” Jeongmin asked, seeing Chanyeol and Luhan with obvious teased written all over their faces.

 

“Nothing much, JM,” said Luhan, grinning. “Just that Gangjoe here is having some difficulty with a certain diva, it seems.”

 

“Ehh??” JM turned towards his former classmate in America and beamed. “Ohh? You still have not made Chanhee yours? So slow man…”

 

Byunghun felt a distinct desire to throttle his suppose to be friends one by one.

 

Chanhee saved the trio from strangulation by making an appearance at that moment. Chanyeol saw her first and waved to him.

 

“Chanhee!” called Chanyeol loudly. Out of the corner of his eye, he noted gleefully that Byunghun had started rather visibly when he’d called his name. “There you are! I was just asking Byunghun where you were.”

 

Chanhee grinned and said, “Chanyeol, good to see you again. How are you?”

 

“Well enough, thanks. Ah.”

 

Chanhee turned towards Luhan and Jeongmin and greet them as well. Then Baekhyun came with Xiumin. Luhan immediately introduced his own Baozi to Chanhee.

 

“Glad to meet you.” Chanhee offer to shake Xiumin hands and show his welcoming smile. Xiumin do the same.

 

Xiumin looked keenly at him. “So you’re Lee Chanhee,” he said. “I’ve heard a lot about you from Jeongmin, Luhan, Chanyeol and Ljoe.”

 

“Oh no… What have these four been saying about me?” Chanhee cast a joking glare at them most especially at a certain blonde guy beside him. “, you haven’t been badmouthing me to your friends, have you?”

 

“Indeed not!” exclaimed Byunghun with an indignant look.

 

“Oh, don’t worry, Chanhee,” said Xiumin. “Quite the opposite, really. He’s been giving us the impression that you are a very – interesting person.”

 

Luhan felt like laughing at his lover remarks. What his Baozi had said was true in a way. Somehow managing to hold Byunghun’s attentions for so long made him very interesting indeed to his lover who never meet Chanhee in person. And Luhan knew for a fact that Chanhee was the reason Byunghun had always travel to back to Korea even though the rapper is very busy in his promotions in China last year.

 

Luhan looked at Byunghun, who looked rather sullen and annoyed at the moment. Rather a typical of him, but Luhan knew that Jeongmin and Chanyeol had been laughing off silently. Oh, Byunghun definitely did not like the fun they were getting out of the whole situation.

 

****************************************************************************

A/N: Sorry for the long wait but i finally finish it.. It's the part 1 of the party so wait for the part two.. I included Xiuhan in this part coz i love them too but *sobs* (i miss them already) . My Baozi and Luge were apart now... huhuhuhu.. how i wish they will still continue being friends til now. I wish you like my update don't forget to leave a comment angels....