RMB - 11

The Rivals meet the Best Friends

 

Minsoo tapped a pen on the table. His eyes travelled from the phone to the clock to the papers in front of him to his computer, then back to the phone. Should he call Niel? It had been some weeks since he had heard from Niel, and it was starting to really bother him. Niel had only called him once after Ljoe’s comeback party, and that was to thank him (again) for going with him. Two weeks passed after it without a word from Niel, but he put it down to work and didn’t think much about it. However, it had been nearly a month now. They had chatted online a little, but it hardly amounted to any sort of conversation. He couldn’t recall such lack of communication from Niel since he graduated from the University.

 

Minsoo gave up thinking and picked up the phone. It was useless to try doing any work when he was so preoccupied with that. If he tried doing any work now without at least attempting to resolve that, he might turn in Audited Sales Reports with errors.

 

“Hello?” came a familiar voice over the phone. But it wasn’t Niel.

 

“Niel?”

 

“This is Lee Chanhee.” Chanhee seemed to suddenly recognise his voice. “Bang Minsoo? Is that you? It’s been a while!”

 

“It has,” he agreed. “Is Niel in?”

 

“Niel? Oh, er… He’s out with Jonghyun and Minhyun today, I’m afraid. They left for lunch earlier.”

 

“I see.” He hoped he didn’t sound disappointed. “When would Niel be back?”

 

“Around two, I think. We’ve a photo shoot at 2:30, so I think Niel will definitely be back by two.”

 

“All right. Would you let Niel know I called?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Thanks.” Minsoo was about to end the conversation, when he thought of something. “Chanhee, wait.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Er…” How was he going to phrase this? There was only the straightforward way he could think of, so he just went with it. “Has Niel been all right?.”

 

Chanhee fell silent on the other end for a few seconds. “Well… Niel was acting rather strangely for a while. Looked like he was upset about something, but he wouldn’t tell me about it. It bugged me horribly. There was one day Niel came in looking like a ghost, almost. I really don’t know what happened. He just refused to talk about it.”

 

Minsoo grew troubled by Chanhee’s description. What had happened?

 

“But Niel got better after talking to Jonghyun,” said Chanhee. “And when Minhyun showed up, I think that completed the cure. Niel’s been a great deal more cheerful ever since. Lost the haunted, depressed look too.”

 

“That’s a relief,” he said. “When did Minhyun come?”

 

“About one weeks ago. He’s been coming up on weekends. Niel said Minhyun got a temporary job here – giving private vocal lessons to the son of one of Jonghyun’s friends or something.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“It’s been really good for Niel, though. They’ve done a magnificent job of cheering Niel up of that depressed state he was in. I still have no idea what upset Niel so badly, but Jonghyun and Minhyun seem to know. Do you know what might have happened?” Chanhee asked, curious.

 

Minsoo admitted that he didn’t know (and felt rather foolish saying so).

 

“You don’t know either?” Chanhee sounded astonished.

 

“Niel hasn’t said anything about it to me,” Minsoo said. “Perhaps I’ll ask Jonghyun if I see him Thank you, Chanhee.”

 

After hanging up, Minsoo thought about what Chanhee had told him. It looked as though Jonghyun and Minhyun were the only ones who knew what was going on. If Niel hadn’t even told Chanhee, and hardly seemed keen on talking to him lately, there was little chance Niel would tell Minsoo if he asked. He would have to ask Jonghyun.

 

***************************************

 

Chanhee almost finished talking with Minsoo on the phone when his secretary walked in with a pink box. Lizzy giggles as Chanhee glares at her making the playful secretary scamper out after she put the box infront of him. After Chanhee nagged at Byunghun about what he did at the car park a week ago, the latter keep on sending his favourite strawberry tarts. Chanhee have been ignoring Byunghun and refused to have lunch with him.

 

Chanhee sighed as he stared at the strawberry tarts again. Chanhee is the person who don’t hold grudges on people especially on his own childhood playmate who drives him nuts almost everyday. He has forgiven Byunghun already but he wants to teach that brat a lesson. He had been eating lunch alone or with his secretary lately since Niel is always out with Minhyun. Should he forgive Byunghun now? His stomach grumbles and Chanhee immediately texted a number that have been bugging him lately. Seconds after his phone rung and he hesitantly answered it.

 

“Really?? Will we have lunch together today? I’m here parked outside your office now.” Byunghun said with excitement.

 

Chanhee chuckled as he checked his office window and saw Byunghun’s car outside. Byunghun always have ways that surprise him “How long have you been there Byung?”

 

“Long enough since I’m always the one who brought your favourite strawberry tarts everyday, you know I’m the great Lee Byunghun”

 

“Ye.. Yeah! An Idiot Lee Byunghun.. I’ll come down now” Chanhee immdediately hang-up and grabbed his coat with thoughts if he had made a right decisions forgiving Byunghun now.

 

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A/N: here is another update I hope you like it.

Minsoo is getting jealous.... hmmm will he be man enough to confess to Niel now?

I liking how loyal Byunghun here.. He really does love Chanhee a lot...

but he was still friendzoned by Chanhee.

ThanKYU for reading and please leave a comment too..

-----> Chanhee's Eomma