Tremor

The Tremor In My Fingers

Heechul had noticed it, as he stared at the monitor in the dressing room.

Kyuhyun was shaking.

He always shook when he performed. All the other members had grown accustomed to being on stage, the tremble gone from their hands long ago.

Sungmin, Ryeowook and Yesung all sang beside him, but they didn't shake. 

They barely batted their eyelashes at the incredible number of people they were singing in front of, spotlights on them.

But Kyuhyun trembled. You wouldn't notice it at first glance, but up close it was obvious.

Kyuhyun's hand held his mic to his lips, and it shook to and fro like a leaf in the wind.

Kyuhyun had been performing for many years now, but still he shook. 

His face didn't show fear, or nerves or anxiety, he looked cool and calm as anything on that stage.

He sung with perfection, he always did. 

But he always trembled.

Heechul noticed it also in practise, when he'd composed something to show to the group, he trembled.

He sat there staring at his lyric sheet and presented it to the managers and the members, and he trembled like he was freezing cold.

Heechul would sometimes watch him practise on his own. He never shook when he was alone.

His singing never changed, just his nerves.

Heechul always wondered why he still had stage fright after so long. 

Though he'd seen performances overseas and he didn't tremble once. 

It was probably nothing, but it drove Heechul to insanity, burning to know what made Kyuhyun tremble so much.

He never saw the younger nervous any other time. 

"Stop being so nervous,"

Kyuhyun stopped drinking from his water bottle and looked behind him curiously. "I'm sorry?"

"Stop being nervous." Heechul repeated from the door. "You're a professional and you're shaking like a leaf up there, don't mess up because you have stage fright,"

"I don't have stage fright." Kyuhyun replied with a slight glare putting his water bottle down.

"Then how to explain the tremor in your hands whenever your lift you mic?"

​"Have you been watching me?"

"What? What kind of question is -"

"Answer the question. Were you watching me, tonight, right now?"

"Yes. I was."

"Do you watch my other performances?"

"Of course."

"Then there's your answer."

Heechul stared dumbfounded. "What?"

Kyuhyun picked up his bottle again and moved to leave the dressing room, pausing to murmur softly into Heechul's ear so only the older could hear.

"You're the tremor in my fingers."

And he passed Heechul without a backward glance.