Finish

Coincidence

Baekhyun takes the bus every morning. Apparently 
Chanyeol does as well.

Baekhyun sits at the second last row. Apparently Chanyeol does as well.

"Well how come you are taking the bus now?" Baekhyun asked while trying to hold a steady hand on the seat in front. The bus was a lot more shaky this morning and Baekhyun blames his best friend.

"Mum wanted me to" Chanyeol would reply.

Baekhyun snorted and held out a hand to flick Chanyeol on the head. "Hey! I'm serious"

"Whatever, mamas boy." Baekhyun looked around the bus and was content that there wasn't anyone else different on it.

"Stop staring at me like that!" Chanyeol looked, trying to compose a straight face but we all know that can't happen.

"No, seriously, why are you here?" Baekhyun asked still staring. Chanyeol muttered something and returned the gaze. "Why? You don't want me here?"

"Exactly!" Baekhyun continued "So tell me why you're here and we can move on!"

"I just wanted to see you" Chanyeol said in a ghost-like voice. "U-huh" Baekhyun nodded not currently caring that he may be blushing a little too much. But who cares right? Chanyeol is as well.

In all truths, Baekhyun was never good at controlling the warm feeling inside his stomach when Chanyeol blurted things like that.

They spent the rest of the trip in silence.

Baekhyun could have sworn he felt the taller lean in a little to the side.

Baekhyun also could have sworn he himself also leaned in.

But then the bus stopped and their shoulders separated. "Come on, this is us" Chanyeol stood up and let Baekhyun lead them.

No, they weren't going to school. They were going to Baekhyun's house.

School had just finished and Chanyeol wanted to do a regular visit at Baekhyun's house but this time go home with him on the bus instead of being dropped off by his mother.

"No ones at home" Baekhyun murmured as he dropped his bag to the ground. "Are you hinting at something?" Chanyeol laughed and threw his bag near Baekhyun's. Baekhyun sent him a look.

Baekhyun seated at his computer and Chanyeol was quick to follow him. "What are you looking at?" Baekhyun shifted in his seat to look up at Chanyeol.

"Right, forgot you were here." He teased. Chanyeol laughed and that was an obvious distraction for what he did next.

He lifted Baekhyun and placed him on his lap. Baekhyun has never felt the need to cover his cheeks from blushing but you could say this is a rare opportunity in itself.

Chanyeol continued his weird laugh which vibrated through Baekhyun's body. "Uh..Chanyeol?"

"Hm?" Chanyeol asked completely oblivious to Baekhyun's attempt to squeeze out of Chanyeol's grip.

Chanyeol switched his grip from Baekhyun's arms to Baekhyun's waist so he could tickle him.

Baekhyun let out a high pitched laugh and Chanyeol just didn't want to stop so instead of tickling him on a chair he moved them to Baekhyun's bed.

It's okay, it's comfortable.

Baekhyun was now aware of what was happening and he was trying to get Chanyeol off him.

Chanyeol saw the look on Baekhyun's face and stopped immediately. "Why?" He caught on though. They were in a very intimate position and .. Wow.

"Sorry.." Chanyeol apologised and laughed a little to brush off the awkwardness in the air.

"Hey Chanyeol I.. " Baekhyun burst out in laughter. Seriously, you should have seen how cute Chanyeol's expression was.

"Now why are you laughing?" Chanyeol asked moving closer.

Baekhyun wasn't replying though, so Chanyeol lifted his chin to look up at him.

"You were saying?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun was just content on staring at Chanyeol that he didn't even understand the words he had spoken.

Chanyeol looked at him with wide eyes and just at that moment. Baekhyun realised what he had said. "Oh, god, you know I what I.." Baekhyun tried but really what was he supposed to say? He just told his best friend he liked him and not to mention, he added the 'a lot' part.

Chanyeol laughed.

Chanyeol LAUGHED. (Yeah, we get it)

"I like you a lot too, ByunBaek" Chanyeol joked by nudging Baekhyun's shoulder.

Chanyeol wasn't sure if his friend was joking or not because really, he's not sure if he was either.

----------------------------------------------------

"Again?" Baekhyun asked as the taller sat next to him on the bus.

"Again." Chanyeol spoke and stared forward so he wasn't looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun did the same but with a lot more side eyes.

Baekhyun almost jumped in his seat though, when Chanyeol oh so suddenly turned to him to catch Baekhyun already looking at him.

"Did you mean what you said yesterday?" Chanyeol asked not leaving Baekhyun's eyes. Baekhyun shied away again.

"Uh- why?" Baekhyun asked slowly getting tempted to fiddle with his hands from nervousness.

"It's a question, Baek." The younger continued "An answer would be nice."

Of course an answer would be nice, wouldn't it Baek?

"I- I don't know." Baekhyun uttered looking out the window.

"Baek-" Chanyeol pushed.

"Baek-"

"Jesus Christ Chanyeol, what?" The shorter snapped his head around.

"Baekhyun, I like you."

Wait. What?

Baekhyun of course was taken aback. (Weren't we all)

"I like you, and really if you liked me too you wouldn't have a problem saying it." Chanyeol explained but somehow leaving out his many outrageous hand gestures.

"I'm not sure if we're getting the same word here." Baekhyun mumbled.

"Baekhyun" Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun's chin dramatically.

"You're making this more difficult then it should be." Chanyeol pointed out.

"Well how am I supposed to react when my best friend confesses to me?" Baekhyun tried to continue when Chanyeol cut him off, rudely.

"Ugh, Baekhyun, first of all you're supposed to be happy or play it off cooly. Secondly, may I remind you, you confessed to me first!"

Baekhyun didn't mean to blush at those words, he never did.

"Okay honestly I've been having a crush on you for I don't know how long but long enough to realise I want to be more than best friends." Baekhyun sighed and turned towards Chanyeol.

As Chanyeol was about to speak, Baekhyun did some kind of hand gesture that told Chanyeol to shut the hell up.

"But I guess you confessing to me today wasn't really what I planned so I- yeah- I don't know" he stopped when Chanyeol just continued looking at him.

"Well for what it's worth, I know you haven't dated anyone and you know I haven't dated anyone.."

"We're also best friends so it would be the same thing just .. Kissing and well- we will get into the other later"

"Well-" Of course the bus had to stop right then.

"Let's go" Chanyeol said standing up. "Right"

"Hey Baek-"

"Yeah?"

"For the record I do like you" Chanyeol stated as they dropped their bags near the counter.

Baekhyun froze for a second and when he turned around he had realised that, that it had been a thing to regret.

Has Chanyeol ever looked so serious before? He wasn't sure. Actually, maybe that time when Chanyeol thought he lost his phone out in the field that day- Nevermind Baekhyun's getting sidetracked.

Baekhyun let out a shifty laugh and went to the kitchen for a glass of water because, well, wasn't it getting hot in there?

Chanyeol didn't fail to notice the nervous ground Baekhyun was holding.

Chanyeol thought it was cute.

Chanyeol wanted to hug Baekhyun. Yeah, hugging Baekhyun sounds nice.

So that's what he did.

Stalking his way to the kitchen and snaking his arms through Baekhyun's arms to rest just above his belly button.

Feeling Baekhyun shiver under his arms felt nice, Chanyeol decided.

Feeling like a creep, Chanyeol turned Baekhyun around in his arms so Baekhyun was looking at him.

"Hi." Baekhyun trembled.

"Hello." Chanyeol said in a hushed tone, or maybe in a really deep tone, Baekhyun wasn't sure.

"Yeah-" Baekhyun muttered however successfully interrupted by Chanyeol which he was thankful for because he was sure the words in his mind were just going to be incoherent.

"You know, I've always wondered what your lips taste like?"

Baekhyun muffled a high pitched 'what?'

"I don't know why I'm telling you this now.. Actually maybe I do?" Chanyeol trailed off, constantly trying to find that 'ok' in Baekhyun's eyes.

Baekhyun finally let out a noise for what felt like a century.

"But really, who am I to just stand here questioning instead of doing? You know me better then that, don't you?"

Chanyeol leaned forward and apparently Baekhyun did as well.

A/N: Wow, this took longer then I had originally expected. I thought it would take like .. three days max. It's been a week!

Hope you guys enjoyed it though~