Chapter 1

The Hidden Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Kaz sat at his desk, looking through the files from the most recent killing. Like many on the case, he had long since grown used to the images in the reports. Seeing the torn apart corpses no longer bothered him. The only thing that still bothered him was the killer. Every corpse had been torn apart and covered in claw marks, but an animal big enough to have claws the size of whatever was killing so many people would have been noticed by the people in the area. The fact that there were no reports of a massive animal meant that whatever was killing all these people must be able to blend in with those around it. This had convinced many that there was something dark afoot. Among those convinced of this was the head of the special operations unit. She had sent it straight to Vamps, hoping they could find out what the killer was. No luck so far. Sighing, Kaz filed the new documents and headed out to meet with his partner and see if the field team had found anything.

    Hyde looked up as he heard a knock door to his field office. "Come in" he called.

 

     A lone entered the room, bowing respectfully to him. "You called for me sir?" His voice shook slightly, showing just how scared he was of the detective.

 

     Hyde laughed. "Calm down and have a seat." While he waited for the other to comply, he went back to the files on his desk. No matter how many times he saw one of these files, he couldn't accept that another person had been killed. It seemed so surreal since he and Kaz had always been abl

Please log in to read the full chapter