Wonderful Tonight

Wonderful Tonight
Please log in to read the full chapter

If anyone wants to see how the girls look in their prom attire: Joonyeon's dress/Joonyeon's hair (a bit like this and this), Baekhee's dress/Baekhee's hair, Zihua's dress & hair, Yixin's dress/Yixin's hair, Chanyeon's dress/Chanyeon's hair.

Also, feel free to play this when slow dancing comes up. Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“So, who’s ready for prom?” Five girls are sprawled in a spacious bedroom pigging out on a bowl of ketchup chips in the center of the room. One of the girls, Baekhee, grunts as she reaches for another chip.

                “I guess I’m ready,” she says through a mouthful of chips, “I already know what dress I’m going to wear.” The youngest of the five, Zihua, perks up upon the mention of clothing.

                “Let me see!” she demands with full interest as she slides halfway down her bed to Baekhee who’s scrolling through her phone. Once she finds the photo she’s looking for she hands her phone to Zihua who gasps loudly.

                “Damn,” Zihua breaths as she eyes the photo with amazement, “You’ve got taste, bro.” Baekhee smirks in response as she snatches back her phone.

                “Damn right I do” she responds smugly, pocketing her phone. She then turns to the other girls while wiping her red fingers on her jeans. “Have your men asked you to prom already?”

                Chanyeon hops up and down on her spot on the floor excitedly, as she always seems to be.

                “Kyungsoo asked me yesterday” she says with a giggle that makes Baekhee wrinkle her nose. “God, I am so excited.”

                “That makes the two of us then” Yixin cuts in as she stares up at the ceiling before rolling over to face the other girls. “Lu Han finally grew the balls to ask me at lunch today. His soccer buddies were teasing him after. It was hilarious.” A chorus of chuckles rings through the room. “What about you, Baekhee?”

                Baekhee raises an incredulous eyebrow at her friend, staring at her as if she’d gone insane.

                “Of course” she says indignantly with a flip of her hair, “He asked me last week.” Yixin raises her hands in mock defense and catches the chip Baekhee tosses at her in .

                “And I’m assuming Sehun already asked you?” Yixin asks Zihua who flushes in response.

                “Y-yeah” she says as she attempts to hide her shy smile behind her hand. Baekhee rolls her eyes playfully and reaches up to pinch her cheeks.

                “Stooop,” she whines with a mischievous smile on her face, “Your googly, love-struck eyes are making me barf.” Zihua whines as Baekhyun pulls her cheeks every which way. She only lets go when Zihua threatens to her hands. Zihua rubs her sore cheeks, glaring at Baekhyun. She only stops when her friend seated by the wall who’s been quiet all this time catches her eye.

                “Joonyeon?” she calls to her, concern evident in her voice. It takes awhile for Joonyeon to notice her friend calling her name. With a quick shake of her head, she finally turns to her friends who are eyeing her curiously.

                “What was that?” Joonyeon inquires as she blinks up at Zihua’s frowning face.

                “You okay?” Zihua says slowly as if Joonyeon still wasn’t fully back in reality yet. A small smile graces Joonyeon’s lips as she scoots closer to her friends.

                “Yeah, I’m fine” she responds nonchalantly as she fishes her phone out of her pocket and begins typing away. Baekhee, who’s now seated in front of her sets down her phone to eye Joonyeon with interest.

                “So,” she starts, watching Joonyeon’s eyes flick up at her for a second before focusing back onto her phone, “Anyone ask you to prom yet?” This seems to catch Joonyeon off guard as she nearly drops her phone, flailing her hands and tucking it to her chest. Baekhee smirks and eyes her expectantly.

                With a faint blush on her cheeks, Joonyeon shakes her head and goes back to her phone. She leans against the side of Zihua’s bed as she hears her sigh in pity.

                “I feel bad for you, Joonyeon” Zihua sighs as she twirls Joonyeon’s hair with her fingers, “You’re the only one here with no man.” Joonyeon glances up for a moment to see Yixin and Chanyeon nodding their heads in agreement, matching pitiful gazes directed at her. Joonyeon only snorts along with Baekhee, typing away at her phone again.

                “Well don’t feel bad,” she says amusedly, “I’m not bawling my eyes out over the fact that I’m the only single one.” Zihua lets out a cry as she flops onto her back, wiping a non-existent tear from her cheek.

                “Oh Joonyeon,” she fake sobs causing the other three girls to snort at her, “You don’t have to pretend to be strong around us.” Joonyeon chooses to ignore her as a new text message appears on her phone screen.

Jongin: what r u up to atm?

                Joonyeon’s fingers tap away at the screen as she replies.

Joonyeon: girls night out. you?

                It takes less than a minute for her best friend to reply.

Jongin: having fun? im just chilling.

                Before Joonyeon can reply another message comes in.

Jongin: aka wasting away in my bed

                Joonyeon chuckles to herself, drawing the attention of the girls around her.

Joonyeon: why don’t you go and do something productive?

                Joonyeon’s grin widens at the reply.

Jongin: :P

                Another text follows.

Jongin: like….?

                Joonyeon has to think for a moment before replying.

Joonyeon: save some puppies.

                Joonyeon can practically see Jongin rolling his eyes at her suggestion.

Jongin: ha. ha. so funny

                Joonyeon is semi-aware of the girls sneaking curious glances at her as they chat amongst themselves.

Joonyeon: right?

                It takes longer for Jongin to reply this time. Joonyeon tries not to get impatient as she distracts herself by reading over the conversation so far. As she reaches the bottom, a new message comes in.

Jongin: wish u were here

                Joonyeon freezes, staring at the screen as if she’d seen a ghost. Heat begins to pool in her cheeks, which unfortunately doesn’t go unnoticed by her four friends as she clumsily types a reply.

Joonyeon: pretend i’m sitting beside you telling you to get a life

                Joonyeon mentally face palms at herself.

Jongin: will do, will do

                Joonyeon doesn’t know why she’s sighing in relief as she tries to think of a way to reply. Before she can type a message, another one from Jongin pops up on her screen.

Jongin: i should just sleep my life away. nothing better to do anyway. good night zzzzz~

                Joonyeon types a message, biting her lip. Her finger hovers over the send button as she contemplates whether or not to stick with something else.

                Before she can decide what to do, her phone is snatched out of her hands by none other than Baekhee.

                “Wait, no! Baekhee!” She then feels herself being pinned down by the two traitors, Yixin and Chanyeon. Joonyeon glares at Zihua who is seated beside Baekhee cackling. Joonyeon watches as Baekhee fiddles with the screen before smirking, handing the phone back to Joonyeon who grabs it quickly, holding it to her chest protectively.

                When she cautiously peeks at the screen to see what Baekhee had done she gasps, burying her face into her hands as her face takes on a shade of pink.

Joonyeon: sleep well  jongin :)

                “Baekheee” she whines as she hears a mixture of cackles and coos around her. Before she can even stand up to assault her so called friend, the screen of her phone flashes, indicating a new text message. The four other girls watch Joonyeon intently as she unlocks her screen.

Jongin: :) sweet dreams

                Joonyeon bites her lip, her face slowly growing red. She doesn’t even flinch when her phone is snatched away again. She only flops onto the floor, covering her face with both hands. She hears multiple squeals and coos around her.

                “Oh my gosh,” she hears Baekhee practically gush, “Just date already. You’ve practically been flirting for years.” Joonyeon shoots her head up to glare at Baekhee. As soon as she does, she feels a pair of hands pinching her cheeks. She then directs her faltering glare at Yixin who’s cooing at her red face with Chanyeon seated beside her.

                “Young love,” she says dreamily, “So beautiful.” Zihua, Baekhee and Chanyeon begin to cackle as Joonyeon scowls.

                “Bro” Baekhee says, a laugh still present on her lips, “He’s

Please log in to read the full chapter