Chapter two

The Misconceptions of Us

AN// First of all I want to thank you for subscribing to this story and I want to apologize for not updating in so long. Here's a new chapter, it's crappy, I know, but I wanted to update so here it is. Please leave comments.

 

Chapter two:

Jongdae had always known he was gay. His father was the CEO of one of the most famous and successful magazines in the world. Kim Jongdae had been exposed from a young age to this world; the world of shiny things, beautiful and exposed skin, fashion, singers, actors, models.

He loved to visit the magazine’s studio and watch artists get photographed and at some point as he grew up, he started enjoying chests and tight boxers. He can’t exactly pinpoint the precise moment when it all started. Maybe it was when he was ten and that one model winked at him, or maybe that one time he was twelve and saw that one model completely as he changed into another set of clothes. It probably was that one time when he was fourteen and his pants suddenly felt tight as he watched an eighteen-year-old model during his photo-shoot. The guy noticed his discomfort, noticed him squirm on his seat…that same guy ended up grinding on him and blowing him later and Jongdae was sure he liked boys.

Jongdae couldn’t deny he was sort of spoiled, everything he wanted he had. There was no other way but his way. He also couldn’t deny the fact that he enjoyed teasing, the hunting and all those things before finally getting what he wanted, because in the end, he always had it. Except maybe two things: his dream and his ing teacher who hadn’t even looked his way.

Mr. Kim had ordered him to clean up the room while he sat on his desk going over some papers and Jongdae had tried everything from throwing the broom to the floor and picking it up in the most seductive way he could to almost brushing his on the teacher’s face as he cleaned up the desk.

None of it had worked.

Mr. Kim kept staring at his stupid papers.

-

Baekhyun’s greeted his mother with a kiss as he got on the car. She gave him a warm smile, “You didn’t forget anything, right? I’m not going back.”

“Mom, that was one time, can we forget about it?” He smiled rolling his eyes as he put his seatbelt on.

“Whatever you say, baby, we have a surprise for you at home.”

“Really?” His smile got even bigger, “What is it?” He asked leaning onto his mother’s seat.

But she only smiled her secret smile, “Umma!!”

-

Minseok was nervous.

His stomach was doing all sorts of things in anticipation.

Luhan had said he’d be picking him up from the airport and he just can’t wait.

He’d spend the whole summer missing his best friend. They hadn’t had much time to talk because he was busy with his internship and Luhan was busy with his summer job, but they had managed.

Oh God, how he had missed him.

And now he was nervous because Luhan had said they needed to talk, that he had something important to tell him and Minseok’s body was aching with curiosity and hope.

He told Luhan he too had something important to tell him, because truth was that spending the summer away from his best friend had him thinking.

He was finally going to confess to the younger.

Ugh, who was he kidding?

He couldn’t. The younger was straight after all.

-

Luhan was really nervous, like he had never been in his whole life.

He was about to tell his best friend about two decisions he made during his absence.

For one he could get annoyed or upset and for the other he could judge him.

He didn’t want any of those. The mere thought of his best friend, Minseok, his soul mate, hating him or judging him was unbearable.

Minseok was one the most important persons in the entire world. He didn’t have many special memories in which Minseok wasn’t present.

Minseok was forever his best friend and he really hoped the elder would still feel the same after their conversation.

-

Kyungsoo opened the door to his house feeling exhausted. What a horrible day.

He heard his parents calling and tried to muster a smile, although he figured they’d be more worried if they saw him smiling, so he dropped it.

It was in moments like these that he realized he was really dull.

Or so people said, except his parents, Baekhyun and Luhan and Chen…no, he actually called him dull and stiff, and boring and a lot of things.

“Soo, is that you?” His mother called from the kitchen so he made his way there to see his father cutting up some vegetables while his mother sat looking at his husband, glass of wine in her hand.

They both smile at him.

“Hey,” his father said, “how was your first day?”

“Meh,” he shrugged, kissed his mother and sat beside her, “meh?”

“Oh, the dictionary of Do Kyungsoo,” his mother laughed playfully, “did your brother leave?”

“Yeah, he was going to pick up Minseok from the airport.”

“Well, baby, you better help your father if we want this food ready for when Minseok arrives.”

They all cooked happily together, but Kyungsoo couldn’t shake Jongin out of his thoughts.

When they finally had the food ready, he excused himself in order to bathe.

ing Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo just hated the guy’s guts and who the gave him the right to look so hot?

Ugh.

Kyungsoo wouldn’t let himself fall for the stupid, dumb, traitor, ugly Jongin again.

Not after his experience in first grade and not after his experience in sixth grade.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, you.

you, Kim Jongin. you.

-

Kris was waiting for Tao to finish getting ready when he got a message from Joonmyeon.

From: Joonmyeon

How the can you date a spoiled brat?????

He chuckled as he read the text. He took it Joonmyeon’s first day wasn’t exactly the best.

To Joonmyeon:

Language, Suho. And Zitao is not a brat -.-‘

Zitao’s mother had disappeared into the kitchen in order to get him some water and he was sitting alone in the living room.

He thanked the heavens that Mr. Huang wasn’t in the house because he didn’t really feel like going over awkward meetings.

From: Joonmyeon

You’re right. He ONLY asked for Gucci glasses.

Kris had to laugh at that. Joonmyeon was right but he found Zitao’s obsession rather cute.

Bored of waiting and curious about the pictures that were displayed on the table beside the couch, he made his way there.

There were lots of family pictures and lost of baby Tao and his brother. They were really cute.

There was one of Tao in a panda onesie and Yixing, if Kris remembered correctly his name, in a unicorn onesie. It was the cutest baby picture he had ever seen. Well, Yixing wasn’t that little, but he looked cute nonetheless.

“Gege!” He heard Tao’s excited voice coming from upstairs and he smiled. Tao was just like a little kid.

Except that one he finally saw the younger, he didn’t look like a kid at all. He looked hot in that outfit.

-

Chanyeol was laughing around with his mother, both playing their guitars in the garden.

“I’ve got another one,” said Chanyeol, who was about to tell his mother another joke, but she stopped him.

“I don’t understand why I get so many calls from your school saying you’re always bothering other students when you’re such a goofball here,” she said softly, her smile still there on her face.

He shrugged and smiled at her, still playing with some strings on his guitar.

“You should spend some time with Baekhyun and see if you get infected with his happiness.”

Baekhyun.

He scoffed. He only remembered broken pinky promises from the sixth grade.

-

“OMG!” Baekhyun’s parents worried the neighbors would call the police on them or something, but they figured their neighbors were already used to their son’s screaming.

“You didn’t!”

He ran to his mother and hugged her still in awe at the amount of things they had gotten him. His room was entirely decorated with posters, his bed was filled with pillows of different groups and his desk was filled with new merchandise from his favorite girl groups.

He just couldn’t. It was his dream.

“I have something more for you,” he turned as he heard his father’s voice and saw him waving his hands, which were holding…eyeliner.

“Omg,” he ran to his father but had to stop before jumping onto him and probably causing him fall from his wheelchair.

“I love you daddy” he instead opted to hug his father and kiss his cheek.

“Anything for my diva baby,” and punch his shoulder.

“Yah! I’m your son!”

-

Joonmyeon had had enough.

This kid had to stop, really.

Jongdae’s was almost rubbing on his face and Joonmyeon was pretty sure the desk was clean enough now.

He rolled his eyes at the boy’s actions. How immature of him.

Now Joonmyeon remembered why he hated high school. He had always despised hormonal and spoiled teenagers. He hated the drama, the bets and the rebellion.

He had hated kids like Kim Jongdae.

“Kim Jongdae,” he said without lifting his head from his work, “I think the desk is clean enough.”

“But Mr. Kim,” the boy said in a whisper, voice turning rather low for Joonmyeon’s liking.

The teacher sighed as he took off his glasses. He grabbed Jongdae by the arm and pushed him against the wall behind the desk.

“Oh,” Jongdae smirked, “be careful with the silent ones, I didn’t think you liked it rough Mr.Kim,” he winked as he stared directly into Joonmyeon’s eyes.

“I hate spoiled brats like you, Jongdae,” the teacher muttered angrily, “so you better not around with me and just get out of my sight.”

Jongdae’s smirk only grew more mischievous and Joonmyeon was mentally groaning already, but the student only winked at him and left the room.

Only then did Joonmyeon notice those feline eyes.

 

Nobody knew how much those really cried that day when he got home. Behind those smirks, what they hid.