Why?

Was Your Love A Lie?

 

“Hani~” Kyuhyun sang and sat beside his girlfriend. “Oppa,” Hani smiled as Kyuhyun gives her a peck on her lips. “So, what is my girl up to?” He asked as he nuzzles on her hair. “Tiffany just called me.” She said. “Oh, why did she call?” He asked. “She said she’s gonna return to Korea!” She smiled and Kyuhyun smiled. “Good, now can we talk about something else, like me~” Kyuhyun batted his eyelashes and Hani laughed at her cute boyfriend for four years.

 

A week later, Hani was sitting at the airport while Kyuhyun was playing with his PSP. “Kyu, I think the plane has arrived. I’ll get Tiffany.” Hani patted his shoulder and he just replied with a nod. Hani went to fetch her friend. She saw a girl with the same beautiful eye smile, and knew that she was her best friend. “Fany!” She yelled. “Hani!” Tiffany yelled and the two ran towards each other, crushing the other into a hug. “How long has it been?!” Hani exclaimed. “It’s been years! So, where’s the best boyfriend in the world?” Tiffany teased, which made Hani blush. “Let’s go!” She smiled and dragged her best friend to her boyfriend.

 

“Kyu~!” Hani called for his boyfriend and Kyuhyun turned off his PSP to hug his girlfriend. “Oppa, remember Fany-ah?” she asked and he nodded. Kyuhyun and Tiffany’s eyes met. It has been awhile since the two saw each other again. To the eyes of the other, he or she was still gorgeous.

 

“Alright, let’s go~!” The three took Kyuhyun’s car. Kyuhyun sat on the driver’s seat, Hani on the passenger’s seat, and Tiffany at the back. Kyuhyun would show affection towards Hani, until she fell asleep. Kyuhyun looked at the mirror, and saw Tiffany wink at him. He swallowed some saliva and turned the air condition of the car higher.

 

After almost an hour more, they arrived at the hotel where Tiffany will be staying. “Hani, can you go up to my room and you know, open up the lights to check it all up?” Tiffany asked, and Hani, being the nice best friend she was, nodded. When she was gone, Kyuhyun began to bring out Tiffany’s bags.

 

“Kyuhyun…” She called for him. “Yes, Tiffany?” He asked, and she gave him a peck on the lips. “What the hell, Tiffany!? He pushed her slightly away, and threw his hands up in the air. “Kyuhyun, I’m sorry. I can’t help it, but I have fallen so hard for you.” Tiffany said and caressed his cheek. “Tiffany—“ “Fany! Call me Fany,” she pleaded. “Fany, you know I have Hani. I love her so much, and for me, there’s no one else but her.” Kyuhyun explained. “Hani, Hani, Hani! It’s always Hani! I’m the one who got the chance to study abroad. I’m the one who sings better. I’m the one who is prettier than her! I’m better than her, but why does everyone notice her, and not me?!” Tiffany cried at Kyuhyun.

 

He watched at the crying girl in his arms. He softened. He had spent those moments with the two girls, and she was right. Tiffany was always ignored, even though she was always better than Hani. “Stop crying. We don’t want Hani to see you like that, okay?” He said and wiped her tears away. Tiffany stopped crying, and on cue, Hani went to them with a smile. “I’ll help you with your things.” She said and brought it to her friend’s room.

 

The couple stayed at Tiffany’s place until night time. “Oh, Fany, I miss our times like this.” Hani commented. “Me too, why don’t we go shopping tomorrow?” Fany suggested. “Oh, I can’t. I and Kyuhyun promised to go to Ara unni’s birthday party. Wait, Kyu, can she go?” Hani asked Kyuhyun sweetly, and being so weak towards her, he agreed. “Great. We’ll pick you up at 11 a.m.” Hani smiled and stood up, ready to leave. “Well, good night, Hani, Kyuhyun.” Tiffany bowed and the two left.

 

Kyuhyun drove them back to Hani’s apartment, and he stayed there for awhile. The two cuddled at Hani’s couch and shared popcorn while watching a movie. “Hani-yah…” Kyuhyun called for her and when she looked at him, she was surprised with a kiss. “Kyu…hyun…” Hani mumbled between the kiss. “I love you, Hani.” Kyuhyun said and began trailing kisses down her cheek, neck and collarbone. That night, something drove Kyuhyun to do it with Hani. As for Hani, she was sure to give herself to Kyuhyun. For four years that they have been together, it always feels like Kyuhyun’s love never died down. They said that when you’re more than two years already, the guy’s love begins to die down, but Kyuhyun proved it wrong. So that night, Hani was sure to give Kyuhyun all of her.

 

The following morning, Hani woke up with a beautiful image of her boyfriend, and beside her. She blushed and began to Kyuhyun’s cheek. Kyuhyun stirred and slowly opened his eyes to see the beautiful site of his girlfriend, something he wishes to wake up with for the rest of his life. “Good morning, my beautiful girlfriend~” Kyuhyun said and leaned to give Hani a peck on the lips. “What time is it?” Hani asked. “9 a.m.” Kyuhyun stretched his arms and sat up. “Okay, it’s just— 9 a.m.?! We have to pick up Fany by 11 and your noona’s party by lunch time!” Hani yelled and struggled to get up. “But I don’t want to~” Kyuhyun complained and pulled her girlfriend on top of her. “One more round, please~” Kyuhyun teased. “We’re gonna be late, Kyu~” Hani said and started to get ready.

 

By eleven, Fany stepped out of her room to see Hani and Kyuhyun waiting for her. She saw how handsome Kyuhyun was so handsome, and how she wanted to be with her, and not with Hani. The ride was silent. Hani wouldn’t talk unless needed anyway. When the party began, people recognized Tiffany. Some would praise her, but Hani would still get better compliments. Tiffany felt alone, and decided to go to the garden alone. Kyuhyun saw Hani talk with her noona, so he decided to follow Tiffany. “Fany,” Kyuhyun called her and she just hugged him. “This is wrong,” Kyuhyun whispered. “Because Hani’s here, right? But if she wasn’t, this wouldn’t be wrong, right?” She pulled away and looked into Kyuhyun’s eyes. There was something in her eyes which made him nod. “Good, then tomorrow, let’s meet at a coffee shop near my apartment.” She said and gave him a peck on his lips before she walked away. She returned with Hani, while he was still there.

 

“Kyuhyun~” He looked up to see Hani. “You’ve been there for a while now.” Hani smiled and went to her boyfriend. “Something wrong?” Hani smiled. He looked at her. She was everything that he wanted and needed. But when he looked behind her, he saw Tiffany watching them with teary eyes. “No, nothing is.” He hugged her but his eyes were locked with Tiffany’s.

 

The following day, Tiffany was drinking her cup of coffee at the shop where she had instructed for Kyuhyun to come. After a few minutes, Kyuhyun had arrived. “I know you’d come.” She said and held his hand. “I’m not gonna stay here for a long time. I’m here to tell you that—“ Kyuhyun’s words were caught off by Tiffany’s lips. Good thing they were seated at the farthest corner of the shop. Kyuhyun just kissed her back instead of pushing her away. When she pulled away, she just smirked. “See that, Kyuhyun. You also want this. You didn’t push me away anyway.” Tiffany said and held his hand. Kyuhyun knew in his heart that this will be cheating behind Hani, but looking at Tiffany, he just couldn’t resist, so he took her hand and intertwined their fingers. “As long as Hani won’t find out, nothing’s wrong, right?” Kyuhyun said and gave her a kiss.

 

For two weeks, the two began dating until they were official. Kyuhyun knew it was wrong, but Tiffany would always remind him that as long as Hani will not know, it will be okay. “Kyu, would you like some food?” Hani asked and Kyuhyun nodded without taking his eyes off his PSP, one of the things she had noticed that was different in him. She served him the food. Kyuhyun would still feed her, but he wasn’t expressive anymore. He wouldn’t say ‘I love you’, and wouldn’t play with her like he used to. Hani was beginning to have suspicions of Kyuhyun cheating on her, with all the text messages and phone calls he prioritized. She doesn’t want to think about it, but her mind is strongly telling her he was cheating.

 

Kyuhyun excused himself to go to the bathroom, and Hani was surprised to see Tiffany’s number, which was weird because it was a different number than what she has when she calls her best friend. When Kyuhyun went out, she pretended she didn’t see who was calling, but when Kyuhyun answered it, she eavesdropped. It was wrong, but she doesn’t want to get hurt.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Kyuhyun answered. “Yeoboseyo? Oppa, where are you?” Fany asked from the other line. “Fany-ah, I’m at Hani’s. Why?” Kyuhyun said. “I just miss you. Can you come to my apartment?” Fany said while twirling her hair. “Sure, I’ll go there. I’ll just tell Hani that there’s an emergency.” Kyuhyun smiled. “Sure. Hurry up, because I feel so lonely without you. I miss you~” She said and gave some kissing sounds. “I will. I miss you too~” Kyuhyun replied with kissing sounds too.

 

Kyuhyun entered and saw Hani cleaning up the plates. He gave her a back hug, and kissed her cheek. “Hani~” Kyuhyun began to shower with kisses again, before speaking up. “Hani, I need to go. There’s an emergency.” He said, and she just nodded. “Just go home, safely, okay?” She said and he nodded to. He gave her a peck on the lips before leaving her.

 

A few seconds after Kyuhyun closed the door, Hani fell down to the floor. She hugged her knees and began to cry. Kyuhyun and Tiffany were cheating behind her back. She knew she couldn’t confront her best friend, for fear she might lose her and her boyfriend. She was this weak. Kyuhyun was everything to her. She had given everything of her to Kyuhyun. She just knew she had to pretend as if she knows nothing in order to keep them both.

 

At the end of the month, it was Hani’s birthday. She held a simple party at her place and she invited her family and a few friends, which includes ‘her best friend and her boyfriend’. She sighed at the event. She has been faking a smile since she found out about Kyuhyun and Tiffany. She had to pretend there was nothing between the two, when there really was something.

 

Tiffany went to the garden, to which Kyuhyun followed afterwards. Hani saw them, but pretended she didn’t see them.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,” Tiffany wrapped her arms around Kyuhyun and played with his hair. “Yes, Fany?” Kyuhyun said as he wraps his arms around her waist. “Are you sure everything’s ready for next week’s trip?” She asked. “Of course I am. With that chance, we will just be together.” He said and Tiffany went near to his face to give him a kiss.

 

Hani held her chest. She immediately went to the bathroom and washed her face. She couldn’t the pain anymore. She knows it will just be better if she silently stays away. When she stepped out of the bathroom, Kyuhyun went to her. “I was looking for you,” he smiled. She doesn’t even know if that was real or fake anymore. She doesn’t know if the Kyuhyun she was facing was the same Kyuhyuh he had fallen in love with. “Happy Birthday! Time to blow up your candle.” He said and pulled her towards a cake. They first took a picture with Kyuhyun on her left, and Tiffany on her right. She faked a smile as she knows that the two were also holding hands behind her. “Make a wish,” Tiffany said and she closed her eyes. “Take me away from this cruel life, please.” She wished and blew the candle. As soon as she did, the lights went off, and a tear fell from her face.

 

 

It has been approximately two months since Hani’s birthday and when Kyuhyun and Tiffany went on a vacation. When they returned, they were shocked to see Hani’s apartment vacant. They asked her parents, but none of them were able to answer them about her whereabouts. With Hani gone, the two should be happy, but all Kyuhyun felt was pain and guilt. There was something missing. Kyuhyun wasn’t that happy with Tiffany anymore. She just couldn’t make her happy the way Hani does. Hani was understandable, caring, selfless and quiet. Tiffany loves to shop and bring him anywhere. She was also a nagger and talkative. Kyuhyun sighed as he misses Hani.

 

“Fany,” Kyuhyun and Tiffany were in a coffee shop, and Kyuhyun wasn’t smiling. “Anything, Kyu baby?” Fany called him. “Yes,” he sighed. “Fany, we have to break up.” Kyuhyun said. “Wait, what?! Why on Earth do you want to break up with me?!” Tiffany was enraged. “Simple. I miss Hani. I want to be only hers, and not anyone else’s. Plus, I want to be a good boyfriend by the time I propose to her.” He said and stood up. “Kyu, don’t. Please don’t leave me.” Tiffany begged. “I’m sorry, but I love Hani no matter what.” He said and left her.

 

Still, Kyuhyun never gave up on looking for Hani. He still loves her, and he’ll do anything for her. One day, Kyuhyun received the worst phone call of his life. It was Hani’s mom, and she uttered words Kyuhyun never thought he would ever hear. “Hani committed suicide.”

 

He rushed immediately just to find Hani’s body in a coffin. He slowly made his way to her body. With his hands trembling, he touched the coffin of who was once his girlfriend. Tears suddenly filled his eyes. His heart was contracting, and he was having a hard time to breathe. He doesn’t know why she committed suicide.

 

“Hani…” Kyuhyun turned and saw Tiffany walking towards the body of her ‘best friend’. It was only at this time that Tiffany had regretted that she was never beside her best friend and stole her boyfriend. Kyuhyun on the other hand had regretted it from the very beginning. He blames his self for choosing to play with her, and with her best friend too.

 

It has been a week, but life was never easy for the two. Tiffany would try to approach Kyuhyun, but the guy would just push her away. It was only at that time that Tiffany knew how Kyuhyun loved her. “I never gave myself to you. I gave my all to her,” Kyuhyun said and Tiffany looked at him with tears. “I was gonna propose to her, but you came in the picture. How stupid was I to even fall into your temptations?! Get out of my house now!” Kyuhyun yelled and Tiffany followed.

 

Days later, Kyuhyun was at Hani’s parent’s house. “Kyuhyun…” Hani’s mom called for him. They were both devastated with Hani’s loss. Her mother knew that Hani was a cheerful child. She doesn’t know why she would commit such an act. “Kyuhyun, Hani left us letters. He left one for you and for Tiffany too.” Her mother said and gave him a letter.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah,

I don’t know where to even begin. I love you, and you know that. But your love for me, I questioned it. In the beginning, I knew you love me, I felt it. I felt it up for the years we’ve been together, but that was until Tiffany came along. I tried not to think about the pain I’ve felt when I know you were cheating behind my back. What made it worst was the fact that it has to be Fany, my best friend, make it ex best friend. I love the two of you, and I can’t confront the two of you for fear I might lose both of you. So I made a decision to lose my life just for you to be happy with Fany. I realized that I wasn’t enough for you, because if I was, you wouldn’t look at anyone else. You wouldn’t go with Tiffany. You wouldn’t answer her calls secretly, kissed her at the garden during my birthday and you wouldn’t go on a vacation with her. You are my world. You are my everything. Why did you think I gave myself to you? Now I know that you deserve better. Fany was the one who went to the US. She is more talented, richer and smarter than me. She’s even prettier than I am. If she was the one carrying our baby, he or she would have been beautiful. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I am pregnant with our child. I found out that I was more than a month pregnant while you were away. I didn’t want to tell you because I don’t want you to be burdened. Anyways, I and our baby will be in heaven now. Take care of Fany and love her.

 

Love lots,

Hani”

 

Kyuhyun held to the letter tightly. He broke down, and Hani’s parents immediately came to him. “I… I was s-supposed to propose to her. But I couldn’t find her.” Kyuhyun said in between her sobs. He took out the ring and Hani’s parents gasped. It was simple, like how Hani would have liked it. He hated himself even more than he cheated with Tiffany and wasn’t able to know that she was pregnant. It would be such great news for him, but since he was with Tiffany, Hani couldn’t say it. Kyuhyun regretted big time. He didn’t only lose one life, he lost two.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany received a call from Hani’s mother. She immediately went to Hani’s parents’ house, only to be welcomed by a crying Kyuhyun. “Tiffany, Hani left you a letter.” Tiffany took the letter and carefully read it.

 

“Dear Tiffany,


You are my best friend. I never told you that I envy you so much. You are so beautiful and smart. You’re also rich that you were able to study to the US, something I wish I could have done. Well, we all keep secrets, right? I know that you’re having a secret relationship with my boyfriend. I already knew it for almost a month already too. Don't you know how hurt I was? Do you know how much pain I felt the moment I saw the two of you kissing at the garden? Do even remember what day that was? It was my birthday, seeing the two of you kissing was the worse gift I ever had. But I didn’t mind it, since you’re my best friend. I love you so much that I can't even do anything to stop the two of you from cheating behind me. So this is the thing I had done, I know the moment you’re reading this I'm gone. But I hope you’re happy now. I'm giving Kyuhyun to you. I don't want you to be sad so I'll be the one to sacrifice. I hope you would take care of him from now on, and please tell him that I'm already okay with our baby here in heaven.


Love,
Hani"

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she had done. She destroyed, not just one, not two but three lives, Hani, Kyuhyun and their child.